Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/26)

Good morning, shopping friends. At least we have sunshine today despite the abnormally below season temperatures. If this is Summer, I hate to think what Winter will be like.

I'm currently watching AM Style, my favorite Style. I did like the George Simonton top but I just purchased some SG, Mackie, and GS recently so I don't need to add to the stash. I have lost another pound this week but can't use that as an excuse to buy more new things. I did have to buy some because of the weight loss but it is now time to call a stop to it for tops.

I just spotted the TSV. It is a nice looking shoe but I'm not in the need of shoes with that heel height. Being vertically challenged, I prefer a shoe with some heel height unless it is the Orthoheel sandals. When it comes to a shoe that encloses most of the foot, it must have some heel height.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/26)

Hello All,

Jean, I am at the opposite end with the temps, up to 106 yesterday with the heat index and it really felt like it.

We spent this week mattress shopping. I biggest shopping mistake I ever made was buying a Sleep Number bed. We never really liked the bed and I think after 2 years of really "trying" to like it we had it hauled off and replaced with something more suitable for us. After sleeping 2 nights on our new bedding it feels like a miracle to feel so good. The sales rep was funny and told me his number 1 customer is former Sleep Number customers. Go figure.

Another hot day here. Just doing a few things around the house. I hope everyone has a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle--It doesn't seem that Mother Nature is being fair with the weather. Those Sleep Number commercials and pitches always seem so good. Glad you like the new bedding.

Kathleen--Happy Birthday! Like fine wine, you improve with age!

I've been sorting out some things. Clothes that I think I want to take to Hawaii; clothes that are too big but could wear around the house; and, "how did I accumulate all this?" My problem is that I buy good items which rarely wear out but I still like some new things.

I called my Florida niece but the university hospital will not let anyone talk to her at this point. I do have the family code for a medical update and did get that info. They have the severe pain managed now but she is having problems breathing and is fighting a massive infection of the spine.

We just got a severe storm alert advising people to prepare for Sunday and to get storm preparations and supplies underway. The first is to hit before dawn and then a couple of more waves afterwards with possible tornadoes.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, prayers going out for you niece Jean,hope the infection in her spine will start to improve with the meds she is on....she sure has been thru a lot. Glad you found a comfortable bed Gayle...I notice they sell a lot of them on the q so I guess people like them...I just have a regular mattress which is fine for us. Happy birthday Kathleen, hope you are having a wonderful day! LindaL how is your back doing.....maybe doing not too much as far as exercise etc for a few days may give you some relief till you see the Doctor. Cloudy day here although the sun peeks out every once and awhile, it's in the 70's...tomorrow I think we will have rain. Not much going on here,doing some laundry....Yankees come on at 1pm so I'll be watching. Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane
Respected Contributor

Jean: Prayers for your family members continue. Your niece definitely has a complication medical case--many facuets.

Oh a bad storm with tornados. Do stay safe. Hopefully the reports are wrong.

Have to agree with Gayle---weather is hot and humid---went out and did some things. Came in after only 30 minutes soaked. Have more to do but not in the heat of the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the Yankees! I have the Roku streaming an old tv series right now while the tilapia for lunch bakes.

LindaL--Thank you for your concern. As they say, it isn't the heat that is a problem at times (although it can be), it is the humidity that makes it feel worse and difficult to handle when working.

I've separated the things I plan to take to Hawaii, which are also some things I can grab quickly if I need to make a quick departure.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I continue to pray for your niece. I was surprised at the very negative thread about the TSV, but to each her own as they say. I like the style, but they are definitely not a need for me. I decided not to buy yesterday's TSV sheets either since new sheets can wait. I also remembered my Vitamix splurge -- one splurge a month is plenty.

Sorry your weather isn't as warm as you would like Jean. Hopefully, this is not a sign about winter. Good luck with the storms.

Glad you found a mattress that works for you Gayle. I have never had a sleep number bed, but one of my friends really loves hers. It is a real shame that you only had that mattress for two years. But, at least you are sleeping well now.

Hi Marijane -- my back is still hurting, but not quite as bad as before. Exercise doesn't seem to have any effect, just eating. Saturday is my "day off" from Curves and the gym, but I did go for a walk this morning. If I have time and the weather is okay, I might go to the pool this afternoon. But, we may be having storms.

Sorry about that heat and humidity LindaR. I really hate it when I get soaked when I work outside like that.

Nothing exciting going on here -- I will be doing laundry and my weekly financial accounting. I may go to the grocery store to pick up a few things as well.

Happy Birthday Kathleen! Looks like you and the girls are living it up.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Karen, Rosa, Sonya, Nancy, Val, Gina, Kathy, CouponQueen, birdmama, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, congrats on another pound lost. You have made some very nice clothing selections recently too. Prayers for your two nieces too. I don't need the TSV. I did watch part of Leah's show today. I do like her as a host. After having a couple of really nice cool days, it is getting hot & humid today. I think we are getting rain either today or tomorrow then back into the 70's for most of next week. They did say that we should be below normal for most of August. Although, I hate hot weather, I am not looking forward to weather quite yet.

Gayle, We have a regular bed too & really like it. It is probably 12 years old, but still in very good shape. Maybe I can send you some cooler weather. Just don't send any hot weather to us. Ha. Ha.

Linda R, It looks like most of you are getting hot humid weather. DH played softball last night & was one sweaty mess when he got done. Of course he isn't a 20 yo anymore either.

LL, It looks like you like your vitamix. I hope the back pain goes away soon too.

DH & I met our DD yesterday after lunch & brought our 2 DGS's for the weekend. We played games in the afternoon. Then after dinner we went to watch my DH play ball. Afterwards we all went to Culver's for an ice cream treat.

Today they wanted blueberry pancakes for breakfast. It was a treat for us too as I don't fix them too often. Then it was off to the park, followed by a trip to see our newly remodeled library. Came home to hot tub & now DH is grilling brats for lunch.

After I finish washing the dishes, they will walk over to see my mom & I will go by moped. The boys got a new soccer ball yesterday, so they hope to play in her back yard before it gets too hot.

Tonight for dinner we are taking the boys to a nice Italian Pizzeria. There is a car show tonight at our local DQ, so the boys want to look at all of the cool cars. After that it will be hot tubbing again & a much need sleep for all of us.

Kathleen, Happy Birthday! Are you enjoying the theme park? I remember all of the fun when we took our kids to one when they were teenagers.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You did splurge on the Vitamix but it is something that you are enjoying and using very much. There will be another TSV to appeal to you at some point...a new variation, a new improved, more thread count, etc. I thought the TSV was very nice looking but it isn't a shoe that those who like to teeter on 4 inch heels would like to wear.

Twinny__Enjoy the Pizzeria and the car show. It seems that you have a wide range of activities to enjoy, which is very good. Blueberry pancakes sounds like a great treat and a fabulous way to start the day.

The tilalpia and steamed veggies for lunch was very tasty! I like to get in two servings of fish a week, another one of those heart healthy things I am trying to follow in an attempt to keep from developing more problems. Having said that, I am in far better health than my nieces so I am thankful for the health I have.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Thankfully, it's a hot day here with a heat index of 102°, so I'll be headed out to the pool in a little while. After that I have to go to Walmart/Lowe's, as I have an odd problem - all of a sudden neither of my back door locks will close; the locks seem to be working fine when I test them with the door open, but they won't "catch." I want to get a deadbolt that requires a key on both sides, since the door faces the yard, which has a high fence around most of it, and has glass panes - someone could just break the glass, stick his hand in, and unlock the door. Someone recommended a handyman whom he raved about, so if I get the lock today, hopefully he can come by in the next day or two. Until then, I don't want to leave the house unless absolutely necessary. I have to dip into my emergency funds, but...it's not something that can be put off.

Sorry to hear about your niece, Jean; I'll keep her in prayer.

I like the TSV shoes, but not only do I not need any (I still have quite a few pair that I've never worn), but as someone pointed out, they're made especially for QVC, so no doubt corners were but and they're probably not up to regular Clark's quality.

I used to have a sleep number bed knock-off and loved it; it was super-comfortable, and only cost about $200. Funny - I saw only the one in Walmart when I first moved here and didn't have a bed, and never saw one again since then in any of the many Walmarts in the area, but I loved that thing. After a few years the air pump broke, but I sure got my money's worth out of it.

Hope you're feeling better, LindaL; hope you enjoy your Vitamix. I'd love to have one, but wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.

Well, I'm headed out to the pool before I miss out - I got moving late yesterday, and the temperature dropped dramatically by evening. I went outside in a bathing suit...and came right back in. After my swim it'll be a quick trip to buy a lock.

Have a blessed day, everyone!