Respected Contributor

is QVC JUST NOW offering clearance prices (a joke!) on winter apparel/accessories in late July when most other retailers are already slashing prices on their summer clothing???? It's just ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

It is ridiculous, just as their 'clearance' prices are largely pretty ridiculous...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
On 7/25/2014 stevieb said:

It is ridiculous, just as their 'clearance' prices are largely pretty ridiculous...

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when the sale price is shown on air, the original QVC price is no longer shown. I guess it's because it really isn't a great reduction as you say. The retail price is shown but NOT the original QVC price. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

If the Q is putting anything on clearance, I probably don't want it. I'm all set for cooler weather. Can't wait.

Esteemed Contributor
On 7/25/2014 turtle52 said:

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but when the sale price is shown on air, the original QVC price is no longer shown. I guess it's because it really isn't a great reduction as you say. The retail price is shown but NOT the original QVC price. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Yep, and also have you noticed when something is on clearance, w/o showing the original price, they start howling about how great it is at $7.95 for 6 months. Acting like a flex pay is the reason you should grab it. I've never seen a B&M "sale" that doesn't show all the markdowns on an item. If the Q isn't hiding it, why should I check it out? If they're ashamed, I don't want it.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/25/2014 taja123 said:
On 7/25/2014 turtle52 said:

Yep, and also have you noticed when something is on clearance, w/o showing the original price, they start howling about how great it is at $7.95 for 6 months. Acting like a flex pay is the reason you should grab it. I've never seen a B&M "sale" that doesn't show all the markdowns on an item. If the Q isn't hiding it, why should I check it out? If they're ashamed, I don't want it.

I totally agree!!!!

Super Contributor

Also there are some items that are 4 years old and have never been marked down. hmmm

Frequent Contributor

Agree. QVC clearance prices do not compare to retail. In B&M you can get 40%, 50% even 70% off original prices. At the Q, they make a big deal if you are saving 15%.

Trusted Contributor

As long as the SG road kill coat doesn't reappear I'm OK...

Honored Contributor
On 7/25/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Also there are some items that are 4 years old and have never been marked down. hmmm

They're still selling years old bags for full retail... Meanwhile, other retailers have cleared them out at a fraction of the cost.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...