Super Contributor

Women judge each other by their handbags???????

So says Isaac Mizrahi's sidekick. That is a pathetic statement IMO.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Super Contributor

Re: Women judge each other by their handbags???????

Women judge each other by everything. Women are ruthless.

Respected Contributor

On 7/25/2014 ennui1 said:

Women judge each other by everything. Women are ruthless.

ITA!!! Just read these posters comments on this QVC forum for proof of your statement ennui1!

Esteemed Contributor

It's a pathetic statement about society. I don't think it's applicable to everyone though. My sister-in-law is one of those women, but I'm not.

Trusted Contributor

I don't even pay attention to other women's handbags, unless it's really striking or unusual.

Honored Contributor

Of course you form an opinion about someone on how they are dressed. It sends a message that we, of this culture, receive. Lions have manes to send a message, we wear shoes, shirts and clothing that we are comfortable with, therefore sending signals about ourselves.

It isn't necessarily evil. It is simply a part of A N Y culture in any part of the world.

Super Contributor

Wildcat fan, ITA that it is a pathetic statement about society.

Sgraham, I don't think I have ever noticed a woman's handbag in my life. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Sooner, IA that we are judged by our appearance. However, I forget her name...is it Jackie?...she said it as a matter of you need to carry an expensive looking handbag or else you will be judged harshly. The implication being that you need to have it as a status symbol or else you're not worth anything. That's bullkrap.

Honored Contributor

I notice jewelry and handbags.

Everybody notices other people's ppearance at some point, don't they? It doesn't have to be a bad thing...

Super Contributor

What a sales tactic. A smile is the best assessory.
Valued Contributor

I personally don't judge by others bags or accessories. If something stands out & i like it then i'll compliment the person, otherwise i don't look. I'm not into the whole "label" thing. Like cool you spent thousands on that Berkin, or cool you got that for $10 clearance at Marshalls. Either way doesn't bother me Smiley Happy