Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Friday, 7/25)

Good Morning Ladies! My doctor can't see me until next Thursday -- hope the pain goes away by then, but.....

It was pretty warm this morning on our walk, and there was a haze due to blowing dust in the distance. It should be somewhat cooler here today (only 101 or so), and we may have some storms.

My back is bothering me quite a bit, but I do get relief from the heating pad, etc. Today is the potluck ladies luncheon, and my fruit salad is ready. I'm thinking of making some lemon bars as well. These are supposedly lower calorie, but I think that is because they are quite small. LOL

The TSV is calling my name since one of my sheet sets (I have three sets) is in pretty bad shape, and I do like the wrinkle resist type. But, I am still debating the purchase since I could just wait to buy new sheets, and two sets is probably enough. Decisions, decisions.....

Waves to Jean (still praying for your nieces), Kathleen (enjoy the amusement park), Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, Val, Nancy, Gina, Kathy, birdmama, couponqueen and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Friday, 7/25)

Good Mornng: Hoping you find some relief. I hate waiting for available apts.

Fruit salad sounds good---love lemon bars.

We have been having haze also---weather man says from fires in Canada , Last time it was from events in Africa and South America.

Prayers for all in need. Last night at bible study a lady related something with her family member. She concluded with God has a plan for her life---as he does for each of us.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope you find relief for the pain but hate that you have to wait so long to see the doctor. Enjoy the potluck luncheon. The fruit salad and lemon bars sound great. I believe they will be popular.

LindaR--I agree there is a plan but we are also endowed with the ability to make choices as to how we handle the plan when it unfolds.

Still having unseasonably cool weather. I've just been in a goofing off mood today. I did think about taking my car into the city for a checkup in case I would have to take off for Florida. I couldn't get an appointment until Monday.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, your fruit salad and lemon bars sound great LindaR.....have a nice time this afternoon,.hopefully your back pain will ease up. Sounds like it will hot in your area. Beautiful sunny day here,high 70's and no humidity. I went out to buy some bean sprouts this morning...I make a Chinese chicken bean sprout salad (cold)that I learned in a cooking class years ago...for some reason they are hard to find but I did in another supermarket I don 't go to a lot,my last resort was Trader Joes but I found them in the other store. I'll have that tomorrow night with something else. I was looking at the sheet set too Linda haven 't bought any in awhile but I really don 't need it so think I will pass....I have several already. Not too much going on here....maybe that's a good thing. Have a nice afternoon everyone.......Marijane
Esteemed Contributor

I guess I should go to town and get my mail, since I haven't picked it up since Tuesday. Had a lunch of a veggie burger and salad.

I haven't looked at the TSV but if it is sheets, I definitely don't need them. They sound as if they are very nice, however.

Marijane--There is nothing going on here either. Have a good afternoon.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

LL, I hope your back ache goes away before your appt. next week. I like lots off fresh fruits & veggies when it is hot & humid around here. Actually the last two days have been on the cool side. 70's by day & 50's at night. We had heavy rain in the night but we needed it.

Linda R, prayers for the lady from your church dealing some issues.

Jean, I hope you can get some warmer weather soon. Prayers for your nieces too. Like you say Jean, yes we do have to figure out what our new plan is going to be & how to deal with it when things happen very suddenly to us & others.

Marijane, that chicken bean sprout recipe sounds interesting & nice for a hot day. It is cool here & I am loving it, as they say upper 80's tomorrow & the humidity will return.

My ultra sound this morning went well I hope. I don't get the results back until next month when I have lab work done & my next infusion. I want to get it all out of the way at the same time so we can concentrate on going on vacation again.

DH & I had breakfast at the hospital. We were both hungry especially me. The food is good & very reasonable. Then it was on to the grocery store for lots of groceries. After lunch today we will be meeting our DD & picking up our 2 DGS's about 15 miles from our home. It is a good meeting place for that. They will be with us until Sunday afternoon or evening. They are 11 & 13 so fun to be with. Their younger sister 9 y/o has a soccer tournament in the Chicago area so she will be with their mom & dad. I can't believe how far these young ones travel for sports events.

My DH plays ball tonight if he doesn't get rained out, so we will go to that. Tomorrow night there is a car show at our local DQ, that the GC like to go to. We will take them to some fun places to eat today & tomorrow & maybe on Sunday before we take them back home. They are easy to entertain. It is raining again & blowing like crazy.

Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

Linda my SIL has some of these wrinkle defense sheets and loves them.

Lots of activity here, today is flying by. I really enjoyed my pedicure yesterday. Today I need to go the grocery store. I am going to volunteer on Sat. morning and go to a potluck picnic for dinner. I am going to make a layered bean dip. It is easy and delicious. That 's a winner in my book.

I hope that everyone is well and safe.

Respected Contributor

Rosa---is this the seven layer dip? Very tasty. Enjoy your volunteer duties (so rewarding) and your potluck.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I can't believe it's Friday already - where did the week go? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I hate that you're still hurting, LindaL; would it do any good to go to one of those walk-in clinics to see if they could give you something for the pain?

Any news on your niece who was having the tests, Jean?

I don't need sheets, either - I'm embarrassed to say how many sets I have. {#emotions_dlg.blush} The last set I bought (unplanned but I couldn't resist them) has kitties embroidered on the edges of the top sheet and the pillow cases. They only had it in king size, and my bed is queen sized, but I've discovered that the king size works better - I have a pillow top mattress and a thick memory foam pad on top of that, so the queen sized are too shallow. The king pillowcases are much longer than even queen, but it's easy enough to turn them inside out and run the sewing machine over the closed end. I have to tuck the edges of the king bottom sheet under the mattress a little, but that's not a problem, and all my top sheets seem to shrink and then they don't fit, so if I get any more sheets, they'll be king sized.

Well, I'm totally broke (I think I'm down to about $10) so the weekend is going to be a boring one - I'm not going anyplace but church and the doggie park. I don't really want to even drive that far, but Autumn enjoys her swim in the creek so much that it's a joy to watch her. If I finish my check-in for school before midnight tonight, I get a free T-shirt. Whoopee! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Well, off to lunch...and then the pool. Have a blessed day, everyone!