Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 7/24)

Good morning, shopping friends! Today is a dreary, overcast day with what the weather person said was weather typical of September.

I could use some comfort food right now, or I might be tempted to shop for something I don't need. In addition to the niece near me who was just notified she needs neck surgery again, my Florida niece is in the hospital with paralysis of the lower limbs. This is the niece who has to get her nutrition via TPN as she has been awaiting an intestinal transplant. She got out of bed to go to the bathroom and collapsed because the legs wouldn't function. I just got through talking to her. They are getting ready to do a test again today to see what might be causing the problem. They tried to do the test earlier but couldn't because she couldn't tolerate the pain. They will put her out today to do the test, but there is a risk that she will not make it out of the test.

I posted about that handy dandy rotating organizer yesterday. I see they presented it today during the morning show. I did order two more as I can really use these things. I don't order additional of anything unless it is a winner.

I did book two of the tours via Hawaii Forest and Trail for our trip to the Big Island in early September:

http://www.hawaii-forest.com/index.php/tours/kohala_waterfalls

http://www.hawaii-forest.com/index.php/tours/hawaii_observatory_tour_mauna_kea_stars_adventure

These are not inexpensive tours but they are conducted with small number of people with excellent information provided by guides. The first tour listed takes people where no one else can travel unless they are on this tour.

Needless to say, I love this island and am looking forward to the break but it requires me to watch impulse shopping and also negotiating for the best rates. Yes, I'm getting the tours for a lower price....10% off but this is money that can be used as tour guide tips or elsewhere. 10% of a $200 tour is $20 saved.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 7/24)

Good morning Ladies, sorry to hear about your two nieces Jean,prayers for both of them and that the Drs. find out the problem with your niece in Florida. Hopefully your niece going to Hawaii with you will be able to enjoy herself while there. I will have to look up that organizer have not seen it before.

LindaL I hope you are feeling better today and maybe since no other results came up in the tests it is some sort of allergy as Sonya suggested. Sonya how is your mom doing?

Kathleen sounds like you have a busy few days before you...hope you have a great time with your family..happy to heat DH is doing so well.

Twinny I had passed a gas station in town (CT) yesterday and they were charging 3.90 for a gallon... I think it had been a few pennies higher last week so maybe the pirce is coming down.

We had storms last night which we needed the rain, today it's still humid and cloudy but sun expected this afternoon. Not much here... this afternoon the Yanks are playing so will be watching on TV.

Have a nice day everyone, Marijane

Respected Contributor

Jean: Prayers for your family members.

Our gas prices are that high--but high enough. Seem to drop a few cents and then back up again.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--That organizer has a small footprint which makes it very nice. It is great for organizing items such as cosmetics, spices, etc. I use one for meds and one for cosmetics at this point...and still could organize other items. You won't use it to organize household cleansers, etc. but for some other things, it will work well. I see one being used in the kitchen long utensils used frequently such as scissors going in the center shaft and the baskets used for small stapler, staples, etc. Our gas prices have dropped to $3.69, so downward is good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Kona keeping you and your neices in my prayers. Your trip sounds wonderful.

Gas here is $3.19, SW Virginia.

Pretty busy here at work. I think I will try to get a pedicure after work. I take my own polish so I can touch up and stretch out time between pedis.

No shopping here, I do check out the as is section , just in case!

Respected Contributor

You know we all think we have issues and problems and when you read something like Op's niece..it puts life in prespective for sure!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. I am praying for your nieces. I will need to look at those tours you are taking. I'm sure they will be great adventures. It is funny about the organizer being featured today. I almost wondered if QVC had been reading our thread and decided time was ripe to feature it. LOL I put it on my wishlist yesterday.

Hi Marijane. I gave up and called the doctor this morning. They haven't called back yet. I tend to doubt that it is some sort of food allergy since I have been having these pains about once a year for at least 15 years. Eventually, the pain does go away despite no changes in my diet, etc. But, since I don't know the cause, I guess I can't rule anything out. We had some thunder and rain last night, and it was a little cooler on our walk this morning. It did get quite hot yesterday (at least I found it hot), but "only" 105 or so, which is quite a bit lower than the record or what they had in Phoenix, etc.

Thanks for your suggestion Sonya. I really would like to know what is causing this issue. Frustrating!

Hi LindaR -- our gasoline prices have been stable for a while -- $3.49. I would welcome a reduction, but fortunately our car gets pretty good gas mileage.

Waves to Rosa -- hope you enjoy your pedicure. Your gasoline prices are excellent. Enjoy your busy day at work.

You are so right CouponQueen. I almost feel bad about complaining about my aches and pains when I read about what is happening with others like Jean's nieces.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Karen, twinny, Gayle, Jules, Nancy, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--Thank you for your comments. Enjoy the pedicure! You deserve some special time! Good move on taking your own polish.

Linda--Good idea that you called the doctor. We never know what that pain might be signaling. Hopefully, it is minor and can be easily resolved.

CouponQueen--We do have our own issues. Sometimes when I enjoy a special food, I feel guilty knowing that she cannot do that. Now, add to that the paralysis with cause unknown, I have much for which to be thankful.

I did decide to try out the TSV in a 16 inch length; an 18 inch with pendant drops down into the cleavage as I'm narrow in the shoulders and neck and have a very short distance between collarbone and cleavage. A 17 inch always works well with a pendant but an 18 inch doesn't.

Debating this:

http://www.tombarefoot.com/product.php?id=3935

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, We had Sept. temps here last week, but after two hot humid days it has been very nice & only in the 70's. We need rain & might get some in the next few days. Prayers are going out for you & your nieces. I know it is probably a stressful time for you too. Your trip to HI sounds marvelous. I hope all of you can have an enjoyable time. I think the TSV looks nice also.

Marijane, we need rain here too so I hope we get some in the next few days. Your gas prices are high. I hope the prices in the NE come down some before DH & travel there in August/Sept.

Rosa, your gas prices are soooo good. It is nice to be busy at work. Have fun with your pedicure too.

LL, I hope you health issues are resolved soon. It is so good that your lawyer is accomplishing good things for you. You deserve everything you get.

CouponQueen, Yes, despite our many health issues, there are always people with far worse issues to be dealing with.

Today will be a quiet day around here except for DH mowing the lawn. I am scheduled for an ultrasound of my liver tomorrow morning. I want to eat a nice lunch today, as after 4:00 p.m. today, it is dry toast, juices, fruit & veggies etc. Then nothing after 8:00 p.m. tonight. I had one done last summer so this will be a follow up on that one. The good thing is that it is a painless although uncomfortable procedure for me.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I do hope your liver scan goes well. Yes, definitely have a good lunch in preparation for the limited food choices this pm. You can have some of our rain as this has been an unusually cool summer as well as a rainy one.

I'm finishing lunch of a Morningstar veggie burger and 2 servings of steamed veggies. Then I'll be off to the fitness place.