Honored Contributor

What I have noticed about the shark bite tops is they make women's hips look bigger. Most of the tops fall just below the hip line. I can't understand women wanting bigger looking hips. It's also such a trendy look. I think it's cute on little girls 2 through 6 or 7 but not women. Has anyone else noticed the bigger hips look?

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

yes, I noticed.....I am hippy enough....and have a large tummy....I can only imagine the "look" I would give off in those tops...lol...

Esteemed Contributor

I think it depends on the fit of the top. I have only one uneven hemmed top and it fits very nicely thru the torso and just hugs the hips...looks nice on me. Bought another brand, that got rave reviews...made me look huge all over. Can't say it made my hips look any bigger...just made every part of me look bigger. My husband even commented...send that back...and he never says much about my choices other than oh you look nice or oh, color for a change. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

But I'm not a trendy sort of clothes person...and I agree the shark bite or uneven hem items seem trendy. If other people want to wear them I don't think too much about it. But for me, I don't like how that particular style looks on my 5'5" frame. Like the hi low hemmed skirts and dresses...on me w/ my short legs...I just look silly. But I've seen other's rock the look.

Different strokes and all...

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

not a fan of the jagged hems of any kind....the last thing I need is help emphasizing my hips!

Honored Contributor

I agree. I am not into that look. I like a straight hem line, a little longer in back to cover the tush.

Honored Contributor

I think they're slimming.

Trusted Contributor
I like them because I have no hips! I hope they stay.
Honored Contributor

I have larger hips and I like some of these tops. It all depends on the material used, the cut of the top and the length.

Super Contributor

I've notice on me and several friends, the length has to hit in just the right spot. Otherwise, it just isn't that flattering. I'm short and hippy and it those tops don't look good on me, so I don't even try anymore.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on your proportions and the fit of the top. I am not going to say that all of those style tops make people look bigger. It just depends...