Trusted Contributor

Shopaholicsm ODAT - Wednesday

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

I tried to post yesterday and then lost it (I hate when that happens) so I did not get to talk to anyone. DH and I are both sick and we are supposed to go to a show tonight (Cats), I not sure what we are doing, he will want to be a trooper and go, me I could skip it. I hate to go some place when I feel so yucky.

Not much going on here today, just eating cold meds and Halls for my throat. I do like the TSV, but I would have the jacket snagged 3 minutes after I put it on, so I will pass on it.

Off to get some caffeine and maybe some sleep. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholicsm ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Very sorry you and your DH are not feeling well. No TSV for me either.

My back pain returned after breakfast (for some reason it is related to eating, but no one knows how), and I'm sitting here with a heating pad on my back again. I have physical therapy this morning, and I hope to get my hair cut after that appointment. This afternoon I plan to go to Curves. Of course, that depends on how much pain I'm in at the time.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Karen, Rosa, Jules, LindaR, Marijane, Gayle, Val, Sonya, birdmama, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers. Hope some of our new posters join us again today, and everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope you and DH feel better and can make the show. Like you, I don't think the TSV is that bad except for the crochet. I had a Modern Soul TSV a few years ago of a similar nature. It was beautiful and fit well but I was always catching the crochet on something.

Linda--Sorry that the back pain has returned. The hair cut is always a way to feel better. Enjoy your Curves if you go, but listen to your body.

I was up at 5am and did some things around the house. I then took a reading break and lost track of the time. I also don't feel the best right now, so I don't know if I'll be heading to the fitness center.

My niece who is going to Hawaii with me texted me and said that her doctor's appointment didn't go well. She has to have neck surgery to replace the s*rews in her neck from the last surgery. They are coming loose and are in danger of doing damage to the spinal cord. She will have the surgery upon her return from Hawaii. In the meantime, she can't lift anything heavier than 15 pounds. The last time she went to Hawaii with me was when she was recovering from the neck surgery and had to wear a neck brace while on the plane and while sleeping.

If you want a great organizer, you have to buy this thing. I ordered two, one of which I keep for meds and one in the bathroom. I think I'll get two more as I can think of all kinds of uses. The hype on this thing isn't false advertising. It actually works well!! V32389

Nifty Spinning Dual Level Organizer Carousel

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Good afternoon I hope that you all are feeling better soon.

PAlady I do hope you feel well enough to see Cats', DH and I both enjoed it very much. I also love the TSV but like you I can see me catching it on everything. I may check later to see if it end up in the as is section. I love the blue and the green.

Kona, nice to know that organizer lives up to the hype. I have the Lori G revolving make up organizer and love it. I keep it in the linen closet in my bathroom fits perfectly. I will keep your neice in my prayers, that surgery sounds scary to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I hope you & your DH feel better soon. I haven't seen Cats, but I know people that have & they said it was very good. Hopefully you will have an enjoyable evening.

LL, I hope your back ache gets better soon. When your back aches, it is hard to do anything. I love a day at the salon too. Just seems to perk me up. It sounds like your PT is going well too.

Jean, Prayers for your niece. That surgery doesn't sound nice at all. That organizer looks good & it is nice to see a good review on it.

Rosa, the TSV looks nice on TV, but I am sure I would catch everything on it that I could. I had a turtle neck sweater like it many years ago too & it was so cold. I could feel a cold breeze in every single hole. Soon donated it.

It has not been an exciting day around here today. DH & I paid our property taxes & my mom's today. Mom wanted us to drop her off at the sr. center as they had a program about millions of bicycles being donated to Africa. A cousin of mine is part of the program. Then she said she would eat at the center. I had to pick up a couple of prescriptions that were faxed to Shopko on Monday by my Dr. Got a few things at the grocery store & ended up at Subway. I have been so hungry for their seafood sub. Kindle time is calling me followed by a much needed nap today.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Jean - Hope you aren't getting what I have, it's not fun. Sorry about your niece, I hope she can enjoy Hawaii while she is there.

LindaL - Sorry about the back pain, hope it is gone soon. Enjoy the haircut, I have an apt. next week and am thinking about cutting it shorter (above my shoulders) my hair is too thin to keep longer.

Rosa - We are going tonight, I just hope I don't fall asleep during it.

Twinny2 - It is nice you and DH take your mom to the senior center, I am sure she appreciates it. Have fun with your Kindle and enjoy the nap, I could use one right now.

Well off to try to do something constructive. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I was just thinking of Kindle time also. I haven't had anything from Subway in a long time. I do like their subs. Routine life is not all that exciting, but if we jet-setted once a week, then that would become routine. It is a matter of perspective. We just look for the highlights of the "routine."

I've been enjoying the Nick Chavez show. I guess it is time for the Kindle break. Hopefully, I will be more energetic tomorrow.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Susan, I hope you feel better. I enjoyed Cats, we saw it a few years ago.

Jean, I love the organizer. I need something for under my sink in the master bedroom. I have a larger deep cabinet under the sink but organizing anything under there seems next to impossible.

I ran to the library today. I usually use my e reader but many of the newer books I want to download via the library have quite a wait so every now and then I just go hardcover. While I was out, I hit up a resale shop and found a cute silk t shirt with an original price tag of 57 dollars that I bought for 11 dollars.

That is it on this end. Everyone have a good day!

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, hot,humid here, supposed to have thunder storms later. LindaL sorry about your back pain, have you been tested for gall or kidney stones, I have had both and remember the back pains.....just a thought. I hope you feel better. Susan and Jean hope the both of you feel better soon too. We had gone into NJ this morning to visit Dh's cousin (same age as us) who has been in a rehab home for quite awhile now.....she seems to be getting better but still on a vent and freaks out when taken off....every body agrees that she is just. " afraid" to be taken off because early on had a bad experience when done,now it seems she doesn't want to and wants to stay there .Sad situation . That's about all from here,the traffic coming back was terrible especially for a Wednesday afternoon. have a nice day.......Marijane
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I just checked the temperature, and the heat index is 104° so I'll be headed out to the pool at last! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Sorry to hear you and your DH aren't feeling well, Susan; it's never fun being sick, but somehow it's worse when you're sick in the summer. You'll either hate or love Cats - I've never heard anyone who felt otherwise; no in-the-middle opinions. LindaL, hope you're feeling better as well. Praying for your niece, Jean.

I love the TSV, but the budget doesn't allow for anything else for the rest of the month; in fact, I have to make the 1/2 tank of gas I have left last, so last night I took the girls for a walk on a trail that's behind Walmart rather than to the park, as it's 1 1/2 miles vs. about 6. I also like that organizer - I'd love to get one in black to use for little things like extract bottles and other small kitchen items, but again...I'm out of cash. {#emotions_dlg.crying} I have a Lori G cosmetic organizer that looks like a wooden jewelry box; I had purchased it to put atop my toilet tank a few years ago, but it turned out it's too big for that so it's in my "office." It was expensive (around $80) and something I could have done without, as I wear so little makeup anymore.

Last night's burst of energy got some laundry and vacuuming done, the dining room furniture polished and new tablecloth and runners put out, and the shower curtain liner washed and a new shower curtain put up. I figure if I do at least one task a day, eventually I'll get caught up...but then it'll be time to start all over again. (sigh) Maybe tonight I'll get to the living room furniture.

Jean, I hadn't even gone to bed yet when you were getting up. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I started a new cozy mystery, and this writer is so good her books are hard to put down, with this one being particularly enthralling - I finally had to stop as I couldn't keep my eyes open, but I think I'll get back to it now.

Have a blessed day, everyone!