Super Contributor

O/T What is you earliest childhood memory?

Many Professionals believe we cannot remember earlier than 3 years of age. Others believe all memories are stored. There are people who say they can remember their own birth. What is your earliest childhood memory?

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T What is you earliest childhood memory?

I have no memories until I had just turned 7, and jumped out of my swing, broke both arms.
Regular Contributor

The first memory I have, I believe is an ambulance coming to the house to pick up my mom. Daddy said I was 2. Maybe the reason I remember that is I was so scared that my mom was that sick and she might not come back.

Esteemed Contributor

Standing in our kitchen and getting ready for Kindergarten in a blue dress with a big white collar.

Super Contributor

THE EARLIEST I REMEMBER IS WHEN I WAS ABOUT 5......RIDING MY THREE WHEEL BIKE AND HITTING A BRICK STICKING UP IN THE WALKWAY WITH THE FRONT WHEEL AND I WENT OVER THE HANDLEBARS LANDING WITH MY CHIN BEING CRACKED OPEN.

DAD TOOK ME UP TO THE DOCTOR AND I GOT STITCHES IN MY CHIN. BACK IN THOSE DAYS THERE WAS NO INJECTION TO DEADEN IT. YOU JUST STUCK IT OUT !

Honored Contributor

Being pushed in a stroller. Have no idea how old I was, tho.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I remember a lot of things from when I was three. And I remember being potty trained. (I know I was younger than three for that.)

Honored Contributor

I have memories starting at the age of 3; both before and after my brother was born. My parents were in the process of building our house, and we were living in the basement while they worked on the upstairs. I still surprise my mother with what I remember about our simple one room living space. We moved upstairs in late summer a few months before I turned 5. There is also a picture of me at age 3 taken with my maternal grandparents in their dining room, and I remember when that picture was taken. I can describe the dress and shoes I was wearing, as well as the necklace I was playing with----actually, that necklace is still inside my grandmother's jewelry box, which I now own.

Trusted Contributor

I have a memory of one particular time when I was 3. But after that, I don't remember anything until I was in 1st grade.

Super Contributor

I had polio when I was 2, and I remember being in the hospital and hearing the iron lungs. Fortunately, I wasn't in an iron lung...but I remember seeing them and hearing the noise. I also remember being in the hospital crib. I had to be taught to walk again and ride my trike...but I had recovered within a year of diagnosis, so I was very very lucky. This was in 1952.