Respected Contributor

In the middle of moving and need a few tees and crops and jeans while my items are in storage. GREAT sale prices, cute items and clothing that FITS. Not huge and oversized like D&C. And no S&H!

Respected Contributor

The problem w/ Old Navy is that the clothes are "throw away clothes"- They are very cheaply made (hence the price...maybe, the jeans are okay...) & don't last.

Super Contributor

Been a fan of theirs for many years. 8)

New Contributor

I like their stuff too! I have some stuff that is at least 5 years old and still in pretty good shape. The price is good and they sell the basics for the whole familySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 7/22/2014 Luvmycats said:

The problem w/ Old Navy is that the clothes are "throw away clothes"- They are very cheaply made (hence the price...maybe, the jeans are okay...) & don't last.

i agree luv......i dont buy from them often but if i do i know it will only last a year or maybe slightly longer. they dont use the best materials.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

This has been my experience as well. I think they're very pricey for what you get. Their quality, like so many other places, has gone downhill so much. I have jeans and t-shirts that my 16 year old wore when he was little that have been handed down and used by, between cousins and my children, 4-6 kids and still look pretty good. Now not all of those have made it but the newer stuff I've bought for the younger kids rarely makes more than a season. I have a sun dress that I bought at the end of last season for myself. I do not wear it very often and it looks so worn and tired that it's become a beach dress
Super Contributor

Ten years ago, Old Navy was one of my favorite stores. I find that they have continued to increase their prices while simultaneously decreasing the quality. Some of their shirts are as thin as tissue paper, however they will charge about $22-$24 for it.

I think you can still find good buys/sales there, but it is nothing like it used to be. I loved going there and leaving with an entire sack of clothes for $50. But then again, clothes have really increased in price everywhere. Sigh.

Respected Contributor

Great clothes for kids!

Respected Contributor

I don't want to wear the same things for ten years lol!

That said I don't shop Old Navy it isn't for me...but I have purchased my nephews a lot of school clothes there one year...fantastic sale jeans..pull overs..$10..and I of course had a 20% off coupon! For me nadda!

But while I like classic clothing..I don't want to wear the same jeans ten years lol

Honored Contributor
On 7/22/2014 sunshine45 said:

i agree luv......i dont buy from them often but if i do i know it will only last a year or maybe slightly longer. they dont use the best materials.

Yep. I put Old Navy in the same category as H & M. Some stuff is okay but most is disposable.