Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 7/22)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm watching Criminal Minds while awaiting to see Denim & Co. I was up at 6am and managed to get a few things done. Tomorrow is trash day so I've begun making sure unwanted things such as a science experiment lurking in the very back of the refrigerator leaves this house tomorrow.

I love finding deals. Last night, I booked the rental car for seven days in Kona, Hawaii for early September. There are four of us who can never pack everything we need in a carryon so we will need trunk room, especially on the last day when we have to check out by 10am but our flight doesn't leave until 11:30pm. I really don't think the individuals in the back seat want to share the space with extras, etc. I got a Crown Vic or similar size car for the 7 days for $203 and change. This includes unlimited mileage plus airport fees. other fees and taxes. That is the equivalent of $29 a day. I've used this company before and have been satisfied.

This is the 2 bedroom, 3 bath condo we have for Kona. Having been in Kona several times, this place is a great deal even when cleaning fees are added. Check out the pictures and reviews:

http://www.vrbo.com/411966

Needless to say. we are looking forward to the week. This is great motivation to resist shopping for a period of time. When "wanty" calls, this is the type of thing that is hard to resist: memories or clothing?

Linda. I am so excited that the car accident seems to have a great resolution. I know how much distress this has caused.

CouponQueen. thanks for your reinforcement and encouragement to Linda. Drop in anytime; your posts are welcomes.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 7/22)

Jean, You are the best at making travel plans. Your friends are lucky to have you. The car rental deal is great. I would love to go to HI again, but it is such a long plane ride for me. It is going to be near 100 degrees today again with the heat index. Then they say upper 70's for the rest of the week. DH just came in from his walk & said it is awful outside already.

I am treating myself to lunch today with a good friend. After my grueling experience yesterday at out local clinic, I need some good girl time. I was truly missing my best friend yesterday too. I think my DH needs good "guy" time after yesterday too. I told my rheumatologist that my right foot has been hurting. I have arthritis in my big toe, but the 2nd toe is sore as well as the under part of my foot. He said it is from walking & to do a as little walking for the rest of the week as possible. He also said to soak it in a tub of hot water about 3 times a day. Yesterday & today with it being so hot, I think the soaking job will start tomorrow. Heat kills me especially this time of year.

Yesterday my DH had complete kitchen duty around here We got home from the clinic late, so he grilled chicken for dinner. I can't wash dishes when it is so hot so he had clean up duty too. We slept down stairs in the guest room last night. I was sleep deficient & it is extra cool & dark down there. I actually didn't get up until 8:30 this morning. Oh, I was up in the night but only once.

Nothing exciting around here today.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Those long plane rides really are a challenge. I'm sorry that you are having foot problems. I also have arthritis and bone spurs in the feet. For that reason, high impact activity or excessive walking can cause problems. If your feet swell from it, you can also add Epsom salts to the water.

I called to get a nail appointment for tomorrow and found that my person is leaving this evening on vacation and won't return until mid-August. I'm getting ready to make a fast trip to the city. I made an appointment for 3 pm to give myself some wiggle room and opportunity to grab a sandwich. If I can get out of here by 12:30, I should be there by 2pm.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Just lost my post -- yuck! Hope your nail appointment goes well Jean. The buys you got for the condo and the car are great. Sounds like a very nice trip you have planned.

Thanks for your encouragement CouponQueen. I'm amazed at how fast things changed after I hired a lawyer. Lesson learned.

Have a very nice lunch today twinny -- you certainly deserve a treat.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Karen, Rosa, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Gayle, Jules, Gina, Birdmama, Val, Sonya, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

DGD loved her class yesterday -- very happy about that. DH will be going to me to the senior lunch program where I volunteer. Later, I plan to go to the gym.

Physical therapy and Curves went well yesterday, but I have a back/front ache again (not related to the accident). I'm sure it is just my same old problem which no one can figure out how to fix despite multiple tests, etc. Hopefully, taking a pain killer, etc. will help.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Jean, I post with linda l on the other thread but lurk in this one daily. I too love Hawaii. We have a beautiful codo I. Princeville on the island of Kauai that we will be going to in 2 weeks. I was impressed with your car rental price..much cheaper than ours . Aloha!
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, hope you made it to your nail apt on time Jean, you were lucky to get one on such short notice. That is a great deal on a car rental for the week..the pix of the condo was nice. Sydsgma!we also like Kauai but stay down in the Poipu beach area, we did go up to Princeville area but had terrible weather one year this was in March. We were fortunate enough to get a place in Poipu so moved down there. First trip to Kauai was in 1979 and it was a one horse town....it sure has been built up but not as much as the other islands,..although we haven't been back for several years. Have a nice time when you go in a few weeks. LindaL glad to hear everything has worked out for you and the legal part of your accident,now hopefully you will feel back to normal soon. Karen I hope you are feeling better too. TwinnyI bet your glad your rounds of apt are just about over . have fun with your grandchildren this weekend. how's your DH doing Kathleen? LinaaR since the woman make the food for the potluck you should suggest the guys clean up! Not much here,sitting outside nice and sunny hot but with a breeze. Think we will be getting rain next few days.....we need it. Have a nice afternoon .....Marijane
Respected Contributor

Jean, I love the looks of the place! You got a great deal. When I travel, the shopping/planning is a lot of fun. Sometimes a little stressful (for me) when it comes to paying. ha ha

Twinny I hope you have a wonderful time with your girlfriends today. DH is so sweet to cook and clean up for you. Do you still use the hot tub in the summer?

Linda too bad for the back/front ache. I hate it when they can't figure out why. I'm glad physical therapy is going well. Is the dizzyness going away? I missed what class DGD is taking.

I came to work early to get some paperwork done and I'm still at it. I can see the next 3 weeks it's just going to get crazier. I got one of the custodial guys to mop the floor today and it smells so good in here! I've been quite hot sweaty and grumpy this morning so at lunch I stopped at Ross and bought 2 purses. I couldn't decide which one and both cost what I would generally spend on one bag so I am happy! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Marijane, DH is getting and feeling better every day. Today he drove himself to town and got a haircut. He is weaning himself off the pills and has a follow up tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what his doctor says. I'm really enjoying our time together and think I might just tell my boss I need a few days off every 3 months. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

That's good to hear about your DH Kathleen, and the buying of the 2 purses!! I bought peaches today but will wait a day or so before I make that peach cobbler,they are still hard.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, Thanks for telling me about epsom salts. I have it in the closet, but seldom think about as I seldom need it. I just hate the thought of soaking my foot in hot water when the a/c is on & I feel so nice & cool. Tomorrow they say 70's & for most of the week. Hot water might feel better to me.

LL, I am so glad you having luck with your lawyer. Coupon Queen seems to know a lot about these things too. I am glad that you DGD does like class. Nothing like taking something that you actually like.

Marijane, It was hot here yesterday & again today. Then they say 70's for the rest of the week & possible rain several times. It is dry again so we could use a nice shower or two.

RC, Yes we use the hot tub year round. When the weather is hot, we are star & plane gazers. We count stars & airplanes. I ask my DH where the planes are flying to as my sense if direction is terrible. He is good with his sense of direction as is one of my best friends. When we travel & I am driving, he always has to tell me which hwy to take & for how long. You must really have a nice janitor where you work. Good job on the handbags too. I know it must be fun to have your DH with you even though he is going through a difficult time. I know lots of people are separated because of jobs etc. but in the 44 years that we have been married, we have never apart except when I have been in the hospital for different reasons. DH walked to work or took a moped every day that he worked at Frito Lay & that was for 32 years. Both our DS & DD have been apart from their spouses because of business trips or their jobs. Lifestyles are different now than when we were young.

My lunch date with my friend was very good. The Chinese meal was wonderful too. It is too hot to do anything productive today, so I am just taking it easy. I did enough yesterday to last me a month.