Honored Contributor

I'm guessing Carolyn is wearing something from the Denim & Co. show.....

... and it's got me thinking that fall/winter clothes are generally more flattering than summer clothes. As much as I hate the cold weather, I've always felt I look better in the cooler weather clothes than the summer offerings.

I guess it's consolation for dealing with the cold months ahead.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm guessing Carolyn is wearing something from the Denim & Co. show.....

Hi, faeriemoon! There are always so many cute choices in color, fabric and cut of clothing for the cooler and cold months, IMO. I'm in a locale that is summer all the time so I think my shopping for clothing will be on hiatus soon unless there is a really good sale on warm weather fashions on Q or elsewhere. Even so, there are many cute things, mostly jackets, I'd love to buy but just wouldn't really have the use of them. Best wishes for this winter and I hope you get some things you really love!
Respected Contributor

On 7/23/2014 Classique said:

Imo most people look far better in fall and winter clothes as they are more covered up and co-ordinated.

Carolyn looked better today than she has in a long time imo. She was wearing a Denim & Co. cardigan over a top and both were blue. The cardigan had black animal print.

She looked thinner and the top covered her big "tooshie" that she is so fond of showing to the camera!

Carolyn seems to love her crop pants and tee shirts in as many color combinations as she can think up which do nothing at all for her but make her look like a clown most of the time. She is a good saleswoman but I do not care for her sense of style at all. I just can't understand why someone who has been around as long as she has is not more knowledgeable about what suits them...not to mention the QVC stylists?

She also has the bad habit of distracting from presentations by suggesting every color she can think of that might go with whatever color top or pant she is selling at the time.

God didn't give us all perfect figures and faces. Perhaps he was kinder to you than to Carolyn, me, and millions of others. Carolyn always looks fresh and nice, and comfy in her own skin. I think she's just fine!

As for her suggestions, try to remember, it's her job.

Super Contributor

Carolyn is a lovely person, she has a kind heart, and that is more important than being a "fashionesta"! Carolyn looks fine and is an excellant host!

Valued Contributor

When Carolyn and David were in Seattle some years ago, we went to see them. David was so friendly and nice. Carolyn wouldn't even respond to my daughter and I when we tried to talk to her, so consequently, I am not too crazy about her. She acted as though she was too good to speak to us. First impressions, are first and lasting impressions...

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand what purpose it serves to be snarky and mean about people and their sizes. While I agree that hosts and models should wear the size the 'fits' them...as in jackets can be buttoned...I don't pretend to know or care how much the hosts weighs or what size she wears.

The ability to post something mean because were anonymous...doesn't mean we HAVE to post something mean. It's kind of like...just because you can wear something...doesn't mean you should wear something. My sister and I joke between ourselves that we can button up the size 4 jeans we wore in high school. Doesn't mean I would ever let anyone...ANYONE see me in those jeans. I'm not 18 (thank goodness) anymore and the parts have moved a tad since high school.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I personally like to watch Carolyn as her voice and manner of speaking are more soothing than some of the hosts. Carolyn doesn't pretend she's model thin or in her 20's anymore. She appears to be a person who enjoys her life, her family and her job. KUDO's to her.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I would choose Carolyn over other hosts if I wanted real info about clothing items; she really knows her stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Carolyn is just fine the ways she is. Classique needs a lesson in manners. Carolyn does a wonderful job at explaining each & every item that she is showing in D & Co. I am retired so D & Co. is my favorite casual clothing line

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/23/2014 kate2357 said:

I don't understand what purpose it serves to be snarky and mean about people and their sizes. While I agree that hosts and models should wear the size the 'fits' them...as in jackets can be buttoned...I don't pretend to know or care how much the hosts weighs or what size she wears.

The ability to post something mean because were anonymous...doesn't mean we HAVE to post something mean. It's kind of like...just because you can wear something...doesn't mean you should wear something. My sister and I joke between ourselves that we can button up the size 4 jeans we wore in high school. Doesn't mean I would ever let anyone...ANYONE see me in those jeans. I'm not 18 (thank goodness) anymore and the parts have moved a tad since high school.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I personally like to watch Carolyn as her voice and manner of speaking are more soothing than some of the hosts. Carolyn doesn't pretend she's model thin or in her 20's anymore. She appears to be a person who enjoys her life, her family and her job. KUDO's to her.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I agree with everything you said, except I don't OWN a pair of size 4 anything any more, let alone have the hope that I could button them if I did! My parts have not only moved, they've expanded! {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I like a person who's comfortable in their own skin and comfortable with who they are, and that seems to be Carolyn. I really enjoy her.

Valued Contributor

Wow glad I don't know most of you.