Frequent Contributor

TURTLE NECKS WITH ISAAC & SHAWNIE SUE :))

The Chemistry between these two is fantastic! I was laughing so hard over the Banter of the two with how the turtle's stretch their necks out. All those personal little things brought up during the presentations make everything so interesting...from food to mind pictures of places, too All the personal talk making everything REAL, instead of Staged Fake Hosts with triples of Amazing Amazing Amazing, busy busy busy on the phone lines. These two are natural, ISAAC running around doing what he does & Shawn is a gem with him. Enjoy the REALISM so much. Qvc could use more of this natural hosting.
Respected Contributor

Re: TURTLE NECKS WITH ISAAC & SHAWNIE SUE :))

What a refreshing post!

Honored Contributor

I saw that. Shawn asked how turtlenecks got their name, and Isaac didn't know or wouldn't say. They cracked up over it, and it was really nice to see them having a good time. I like the unpredictability of that show. You can't predict what either of them might say, which is nice. There's a surreal quality to it sometimes. Like they're both smart enough to see the absurdity of what they are doing (in the greater scheme of things), yet they troupe on in spite of it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

The disorganization used to bother me, now I get a kick out of it and make a point to tune in.

Honored Contributor

.....that's a great example of why I don't really watch QVC on tv anymore. I have a life, I have friends to laugh and joke with. I don't expect a song and dance routine from the Sales staff at Lord and Taylor. I don't need a floor show from QVC hosts and vendors. I'm only interested in the merchandise.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I like them also. Neither is self-absorbed or phony. Not sure why they were selling turtlenecks in July though (did not see he show)- Can we not refer to SHawn as "Shawnie Sue"- It's just a little odd to be referring to an adult this way. This is Isaac's nick name for her and really shouldn't be ours.

Super Contributor

On 7/22/2014 chrystaltree said:

.....that's a great example of why I don't really watch QVC on tv anymore. I have a life, I have friends to laugh and joke with. I don't expect a song and dance routine from the Sales staff at Lord and Taylor. I don't need a floor show from QVC hosts and vendors. I'm only interested in the merchandise.

I think that most people who watch QVC have a life. Catalog shopping probably works better for you, than having to watch "floor shows".

Frequent Contributor

On 7/22/2014 NanciJ said:
On 7/22/2014 chrystaltree said:

I think that most people who watch QVC have a life. Catalog shopping probably works better for you, than having to watch "floor shows".

NanciJ, I totally agree. Totally enjoyed OP's positive post - she clearly enjoyed the presentation and in these days of so much "stuff," I think that's great. While I missed it, it sounds like they would have given me a giggle too.

All of us respond to different stimuli ... to each his/her own regarding presentations/styles and hosts/vendors. Isaac and Shawn are great together - their banter moves presentations along.

Without going into detail, there are times I don't enjoy a show's "chemistry" and I move on with my day. No big deal and no need to bite the presenters OR the folks who ARE enjoying.

Sometimes I wonder about cutting remarks under the guise of the sacrosanct "right to opinion."

Super Contributor

I love when they have their laughing attacks....so funny.

Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 darcy3 said:

I love when they have their laughing attacks....so funny.

ITA

That's the only show I like Shawn on-to be honest. I think they are hysterial together.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"