Respected Contributor

Just reviewed a few shows today online.......WHY is QVC selling winter coats, boots, heavy cardigans, turtlenecks in mid-July?

Honored Contributor

because that is how it works in the fashion industry. all of the department stores started their transitional pieces. i know that i am not buying anything summery now unless it is marked down a lot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor
Gotta prepare for that TRANSITION, dontcha know!
Esteemed Contributor

To go with the Christmas decorations.

Super Contributor

LOL. This is the time of year that I kick into gear and hit the summer fashion sales! Certainly not thinking about coats and boots yet.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/21/2014 Luvmycats said:

Just reviewed a few shows today online.......WHY is QVC selling winter coats, boots, heavy cardigans, turtlenecks in mid-July?

For the same reason the fashion industry starts selling summer fashions in the dead of winter. As sunshine45 said..........that's how the fashion industry, be it retail or otherwise, works.

Trusted Contributor

I am one of the weird ones, who enjoy seeing the new Fall/Winter items, though at QVC - I don't know how much is "new." {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

I have all the Summer clothing that I intend to buy , unless I find amazing clearance sales and usually my size isn't available , anyhoo. Kiss

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

They are clearancing the summer stuff and last years fall and winter to start warehousing winter clothing and Christmas items.

Super Contributor

Because by christmas 2014 they will be selling flower bulbs

for spring 2015. Back in March they were selling summer clothes....

whether we needed them or not.

Respected Contributor

The b&m stores are bringing in fall/winter clothing & everyone's starting with the "back to school" ads. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that home shopping networks would be starting to sell next season's clothes, too. Then, late winter/early spring, they'll break out the summer clothes while we're all still shoveling snow. That's just the way it works in retail.