Frequent Contributor

For those who bought the DG2 jeans in taupe

What do you plan on wearing with the jeans? I have 2 taupe sweaters but need something for now. I can't wear tunics!

Super Contributor

Re: For those who bought the DG2 jeans in taupe

Taupe is a great neutral. You can wear it with most any color, incl black, turquoise, pink and red... tanks, blouses, cardigans...

Frequent Contributor

Thank you. What I have in mind is a more monochromatic look, I'm not into contrasts so much! So I wondered if anyone found a great taupe top to match the jeans,

Respected Contributor

There are quite a few of her tops listed if your looking to do a monochromatic style. Have you looked there?

http://www.hsn.com/search?query=dg2+tops

I mix taupe with lots of different colors: black, brown, orange...even white.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

I'm anxious to receive mine....BTW, did you order a size down from superstretch? I did, and I also ordered the safari jacket in taupe. Anyhow, some taupes I've received have been more brownish, and some a more grey/mushroom color. I'm hoping for more brown, but we'll see. I do wear tunics a lot and have many to wear with these jeans, regardless of the "shade." If it's what I'm hoping for, I will wear ivory or black. I think we'll both look FABULOUS! Wink...if they fit....{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

I bought taupe & black in my usual size. I've never found I could go down a size, no matter what they say. I really want to wear the taupe witha beautiful pale blue shirt I just picked up at UniQlo, also ivory & black too. Mine haven't shipped yet. I also bought the taupe scarf with the little gold paisleys. Good luck!
Honored Contributor

I black v neck T shirt for now...or maybe white.

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple of tops to wear with the taupe jeans (assuming they fit). One is the SG LK top with button embellishment down the black (I have orange, stone, black; a254344). Also got the cutest short t-shirt that is a camo print with pink that will work well if the color is true to TV and web. I look forward to seeing what else in my closet might work with them.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/21/2014 NYCMarian said: I bought taupe & black in my usual size. I've never found I could go down a size, no matter what they say. I really want to wear the taupe witha beautiful pale blue shirt I just picked up at UniQlo, also ivory & black too. Mine haven't shipped yet. I also bought the taupe scarf with the little gold paisleys. Good luck!

Ita with you about sizing down! I order my regular size and they're ok. I love your color choices too, as well as pink..love pink, lol!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Trusted Contributor

Graceandmercy- this thread was bumped up this AM by a troll, but I can update the jeans situation. The black fit nicely, but the taupe was just too tight. I think other posters said the same. I wasn't thrilled with the fabric, & ended up returning both. In fact, as I have lots of DG2, I'm not planning any more purchases for a while. Have a nice weekend!