Contributor

Not impressed with Nordstrom Rack

Back in April, Nordstrom's opened a Nordstrom's Rack in Milwaukee. Went today for the first time, and I am not impressed at all. Had gotten the impression that the Rack carried Philosophy from various posts on here. They had 2 (yes, two!) 16-oz. bottles bottles of shower gel and body emulsion. A ton of Neutrogena shower gel (cheaper at Walgreen's and Sam's Club) and other Neutrogena products. Not impressed with their selection of handbags either. Husband did find two pairs of "sleep shorts" for $15 bucks each, but otherwise zippity-do-daw. Won't waste my time, gas or energy going there again.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Not impressed with Nordstrom Rack

I live in S. WI & have never been to a Nordstrom's. Where would be the closest one to me? TIA.

Trusted Contributor

As at other outlet stores, the selection at Nordstrom's Rack varies depending on what kinds of final clearance and overstock merchandise are available and show up there. One visit may be a bust and the next a bonanza. I don't shop cosmetics there, but I've found some pretty good fashion buys.

Honored Contributor

Went to the one in North Scottsdale when it first opened........didn't even look like Nordstroms' merchandise. Never went back.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

I have one a few blocks from me - within walking distance. I stop in if I happen to be passing that way. I'm always in the market for accessories and can usually find some good buys.

I don't like shopping for clothes at places like that ... limited sizes and colors and I don't have the patience to go through racks and racks looking for stuff.

But - their shoe selection isn't bad. And, they always have a great selection of scarves. I never come out of NR w/o a new scarf.

Super Contributor

I've been dying to visit a Rack, but the nearest store is over 1 hour from me. I would be so disappointed to drive that far without bringing home a haul that would justify the gas money spent getting there (lol)!

Valued Contributor

I am very unimpressed with the one in my area, too. (Atlanta)

Respected Contributor

Not impressed either. Bought a pair of sandals and when I removed the large price sticker , I see it had been covering the fact that a large piece of the leather covering was torn off of the foot bed of each sandal. Took them back and never returned to the store
Contributor

Twinny2 - Nordstrom's Rack in S. Wis is located at the Mayfair Collection in Wauwatosa, WI - just off Hwy. 45

Respected Contributor

Not impressed with mine either