Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/19)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dreary, rainy day but at least it is beginning to warm up. Because of the rain, I'm debating what I will be doing today.

I received my little shopping splurge yesterday evening. I go in stages with my shopping but when I see something that really calls out to me, I indulge especially now that I need some better clothes in a smaller size. I did get the two pair of George Simonton crystal knit pants which are a perfect fit. I have some from last year so they wear very well. I have them in the basic colors of black, brown, grey and navy now. I don't see any more pant indulgence for a long time unless it is for casual wear.

I also got two tops, one from Susan Graver and one from Bob Mackie. The Bob Mackie one is very, very nice. I got it in blue but might order the red which is on waitlist. To call this a t-shirt is a misnomer as the materials is very, very nice and definitely not t-shirt type material. The reviews are great, so they agree with me.

Bob Mackies Animal Print Georgette Vest and T-shirt Set

The black Susan Graver top fits well. Like the other, it has a V-neck which I wear well. Other types of necklines can be cut too wide. This top is definitely not up to the quality of the Bob Mackie item but it is versatile. I like the length of the Mackie vest better.

Susan Graver Printed Chiffon Vest with 3/4 Sleeve Liquid Knit Top

I read of Arlene and Jules shopping excursion. They did well at Coldwater Creek, and I must say that I loved the pic of the luggage that was sent to me. That is something that I would buy but I have enough luggage.

I did take in Grumpy Cat as part of the CIJ kickoff last night, but that is the highlight of CIJ. I have a feeling I will be finding other programming and things to do. I miss watching AM Style as that is my favorite Style.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/19)

Good Morning Smile

I am having AM Style and AM Style Chat withdrawals right now {#emotions_dlg.blushing}. I started to watch the CIJ programming and felt myself getting anxious and nervous because of the high pressure and hyperactive presentations. I checked out the items recently on air this morning and found that the winter bird pair that I was interested in earlier this week had been presented. I'm glad that I waited for a presentation because I won't be ordering them. I don't find them ugly or anything, I just wasn't as wowed as I thought I would be.

Your tops are beautiful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird--Sometimes seeing something presented does make a difference so waiting paid off for you. Pictures sometimes make an item look better than reality, but there are other times in which the pictures do not do justice. In the case of the Mackie top, the picture is not as good as reality; however, the SG top...although I like it...doesn't grab me as much as the picture. It might be because I gravitate toward liking anything better that is in color despite my love of black.

My "Grumpy Cat" got me up a 5:30. What is he doing now? Napping, of course!

photo MidnightMay2011.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I bought this candle last year.

Home Reflections Birds on Branch Flameless Candle w/ Timer

When I thought about it, the new birds don't look that different from the birds I currently have (lol). I'm also not crazy about glitter all over everything and the new bird pair was 'sugared' with glitter.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi, KonaKat and Bird mama... I am having AMS withdrawal this morning, too. I just muted the sound for the same reason... enjoy shows more lately without the pressure.

KonaKat... what is your "thus said Midnight" quote from? It sounds familiar. Would you please explain to me... in the first picture, is that a BM vest? Both sets together are very pretty.

Bird mama... I do enjoy the chatter and the styles presented on AMS. The sugared VPH birds that I enjoy all year are out and kept in a dark spot... I can't see the "glitter." But they do keep me company!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Bird--Looking at the picture of the candles you have, I definitely think you made a great decision not to buy the new ones as these are great. Like you, I don't like glitter all over.

Lovestoteach--The blue one is the Mackie one.A226904 I really love it, or I wouldn't consider buying another color at some point especially at this price. It is a very nice V-neck top with a vest The fit on both components is perfect. As to the quotation in my signature, I've seen that quote all over---on signs, magnets. plaques, etc.

I've been watching "Healthy Beauty Life,' a first time for me...combines healthy eating suggestions, fashion, and even trips. Today, they featured zip lining on Maui.

Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies! Bird Mama, I loved those birds you posted the other day, and was delighted to learn that you also leave things out all year w/o regard to season. I bought snowman dinner plates/set 2 years ago and love love love them. A couple people think it is strange.

I read the "is this shoe appropriate for season" thread and I guess some folks are just sensitive to that kind of thing and then some of us never considered it or don't care.

Jean I saw someone at the hospital that reminded me of you. I don't know if it was Bob Mackie but it was a similar style and she looked very "put together". Smiley Happy

Lovestoteach, I forgot that you were in DFW area! DH and I have an RV up there at Trader's Village, and I'm loving the mall there in Arlington.

It is so nice to be home on a Saturday! I am having an attack of laziness, but lots of clean clothes to fold today and one more load to wash. Hugs to all!

Frequent Contributor

Hi, ladies. Figured I'd better post before everyone forgets me{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm trying to decide whether I want to work arms and do cardio at the gym or just do arms at home and then go for a walk in my very hilly neighborhood. We've had tons of rain for the past several days, but today is finally supposed to be mostly sunny and get into the low 80s. DH and I got stuck down the pass on Wednesday night due to mudslides, and we ended up getting a hotel room around 10:30 so we could sleep. The pass did open at midnight, but it would have been after 1 by the time we got to bed if we had waited, and of course, we had no idea that it would open at midnight.

My heart is heavy this morning because a missionary family from here are watching their 6 year old child fight for life in Thailand. She's only alive right now because of life support. Some kind of virus is shutting down all her organs. On top of that, my mom is in the hospital with a badly blocked colon. The can't treat it aggressively either because she already has a small perforation that has sealed, and they're worried about making a bigger perforation. She's really frustrated and kind of scared from some of the talk about possibilities going forward. Life her on Earth sure can be tough sometimes. So glad that this isn't the end of the story.

Jean, your shirts are pretty. You can make a similar look to the vests with the scarf trick you sent me. I was looking at scarves the other day, but didn't see one that I love yet.

Bird, don't you love when you wait on a purchase and you realize you didn't want it anyway. Much better than getting something home that you don't really love!

Lovestoteach, what do you teach? I was a high school English teacher for a few years, but quit because my job didn't mesh with DH's job. I have to say that I don't miss it, especially grading the papers! LOL

I hope you all have a nice day. Guess I need to make up my mind what I'm going to do this morning!

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I like your choice of tops & slacks. Any weight loss is a good enough reason to splurge on yourself. I do have one pair of white BM slacks. I got them at the outlet store a few yaers ago & they still look nice. I don't think that the reviews were that great, but I am happy with them.

I am disappointed too when there is no AMS. I usually set the alarm for 7:00 a.m., but today I slept in.

Bird Mama, I am also getting AMS withdrawal today. CIJ does nothing at all for me this time of year. You have such cute birds.

It is still nice here today. No rain all week but we got enough in June to make up for it. It will be getting hot & humid probably tomorrow & continuing into most of next week. My tomato plans like hot humid so I hope they are produce good this year.

Yesterday's lunch with my DH's mom was very nice. She is always happy to see us. She will be 89 in Sept. & doing very well for her age.

DH played ball last night & was tired when he got home. He usually doesn't usually have to play real hard, but one of the young guys got hurt at the beginning of the game so he was out playing 3rd base & running bases like a "kid" again. It was a late game so I stayed home & had Kindle time before going to bed.

I hear the vacuum cleaner going. This is the day that DH must clean house. I haven't washed floors for two weeks so I must get with the program too real soon.

There is a new hot tub place 22 miles from us that is having a grand opening today. DH wants to go see if there is anything that he can use. I think that means lunch out too. I think I am still on vacation. LOL!

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Sonya I just read about your friends and I am praying for them. Will add your Mom to the list; we are dealing with a similar problem here after surgery and the Rx that DH is taking. I'm so envious of your rain. Austin got 6"" in some spots but next to nothing out here. Boo!

Twinny I love to hear you describing your husband. I can tell you two have a wonderful marriage. I need to clean my floors today too. Enjoy your outing!

I should probably plan ahead a meal or so. I don't feel like doing much though.