Honored Contributor

Do you think October is too late in the season to wear these shoes?

/></p> <p>I ordered these Clarks boat shoes today, I was thinking they would be good for my trip in October to Virginia, this color would work with the clothing I would be taking, and just in case, I wanted time to be sure they would be comfortable, as I will be doing tons of walking. Now I am wondering if it will be too summer-ish looking? What do you think?</p>

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think October is too late in the season to wear these shoes?

Are they leather or suede?

Super Contributor

Absolutely not, especially as October is often warm. Plus, they're neutral colors and classic. Hope you have fun in VA. 8)

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 lolakimono said:

Are they leather or suede?

Suede...A240277

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

The colors are good but the white sole kind of makes me think they are not quite right for fall. You're already not sure if they are right. That feeling might not get any better
Super Contributor

I wish I could give you some advice, but I'm clueless when it comes to appropriate "seasonal attire". I'm FL born and bred, and we don't really recognize seasons, probably because we only have 2 - a couple months of winter and then a seemingly endless summer. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} (Not that I'm complaining!)

Seasons are meaningless down here, but the upside is that you never have to worry about queries such as the one you posed above. I hope you have a good time, regardless of what you're wearing, snickster!

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Va and these will be fine. believe me no one is going to point at your shoes and laugh because they have white soles.
Honored Contributor

Nope. I'd wear them in October...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think they are fine for October.

Honored Contributor

Usually in October, as far as Virginia is, almost everyone will be wearing dark clothes. Think jeans, sweaters, and some leather; from mid to late in the month, sometimes children have to wear warm clothes under their Halloween costumes. Unless you plan to wear light colors, I would find maybe a suede type tennis shoe.