Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 7/18)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny but nippy day. Hopefully, Summer will be realized before Fall arrives. When it does, it will likely go from one extreme to another.

If you like jackets, Joan Rivers has a TSV scheduled for August 11 with a price of $59+ It comes in black, red, blue, green, and khaki. I like jackets but I don't think this will be a threat:

photo 55dbe51a-cc0a-4b7a-aa9c-3f55ad869f18_zps32f426f3.jpg

I have nothing on the agenda except the usual stuff done around the house. I've become a hermit and am finding it increasingly difficult to spend 3 hours on the road for just a few hours of fun. If I leave at lunch, I'll manage two to three hours in the city. I really have to get out of here early to justify the cost and visit several places. I still haven't done anything with that 30% off coupon.

I am considering the TSV for my house-bound niece. Let's just say that there is one computer in the house and SO uses it for business with no one allowed to use it. Gr-r-r-r! I have researched Amazon and the reviews on this brand are acceptable. She doesn't need anything that comes loaded with stuff she won't use, much of which is bloatware. I'll "play" with it before she gets it...if she gets it...so that she has some things ready to go, including books and games.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 7/18)

Kona , how nice of you to think of you neice, you must a great Aunt.

Not too much going on here, just work stuff and it is kind of slow today. Yeah!

I am having a few outside small jobs done on my house next month so no "want shopping" for me. I am going to try to go to Duck, NC in September with a girlfriend for a week, for beach sitting and walking, reading and seafood eating{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa--The outing to Duck, NC sounds like a great outing. You deserve this treat! Do enjoy it!

Oh my! I just turned on QVC and saw Grumpy Cat live! People were lined up to take pics of her along with the stuffed Grumpy Cat. For so many people there waiting to take a pic, Grumpy just looked around, blinked and resumed resting position. Midnight would have been long gone!

I just heard them say that over 500 new customers ordered during the CIJ preview show.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Rosa is right -- you are a very nice Aunt. I didn't really look at the TSV since we already have an I-pad, etc. That jacket TSV won't be calling my name, but those boots you posted about yesterday may do so. Sorry your weather is so cool when you enjoy summer so much. We are supposed to have warmer weather next week (perhaps record highs on Wednesday or Thursday). The record is 109 degrees, so I really hope we don't top that one.

It was nice on our walk this morning -- not too hot. They said on the news that this is our "cool" weather (supposed to hit 100 or so today). LOL

I don't blame you for not wanting to drive so far for a brief period of fun, but I do hope you get out a bit. Being a hermit isn't too much fun.

Hi Rosa -- glad it isn't too busy at work today. I have been to Duck, NC, but not stayed there. I hope you have a great time in September with your girlfriend.

Waves to Kathleen (hope your husband continues to do well), Arlene, twinny, Gina, Marijane, Jules, Susan, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, bird mama, Sonya, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

College DGS had all sorts of trouble with getting his transcript to the four-year college which caused him many worries. But, he finally heard back from the college, and things should be resolved today or Monday. Thank goodness for that. Meanwhile, DGD (who is 14) went to the community college to meet with a counselor, and she may take a class or two next Fall -- they have programs for home schooled kids. I'm hope that does work out. And, she also plans to go there for college, so this will be a chance for her to be more comfortable with the college. She is taking a meterorology class there next week.

DH and I enjoyed the lunch yesterday -- food and company were good. I made it to Curves and a grocery store for produce. I tried some organic golden beets (there was more to the name than that, but....) They were very tasty, and I was happy to try some new produce.

Today I will be part of the clean-up crew for the church community lunch, and DH will come with me (just to eat lunch). Later in the day, I'll go to Curves and I need a few things at a different grocery store.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I'll send you some warm weather soon. It is starting to heat up a bit, but will be hot & humid starting Sunday & for most of next week too. So nice of you to send your niece such a niece gift.

Rosa, Home improvements aren't always fun, but a necessity in the least. Your trip in Sept. sounds so nice. DH & I will be traveling to the East Coast in Aug./Sept. for 3 weeks.. We always look forward to that trip too.

Today I feel like I have been on a tread mill all morning. This is my shopping day, but it took longer than normal. I had to go to Shopko to make prints from prints. When I was all done, I realized I had forgotten one of them. There were two people behind me, so I finished up grocery shopping & went back to finish the job.

DH & I are going to see his mom & taking her for lunch. We haven't seen her for a couple of months, so she will be happy to see us. She lives 45 min. away, so not too far but just far enough to not see her as often as we would like to.

I hope to get a nap this afternoon, as DH wants to play ball tonight & I haven't seen any of his games this year.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You never cease to amaze me with your level of activity. Like you, the boots are a possibility. I do hope DGS gets the transcript problem resolved and DGD gets her class worked out to add to her home schooling. Since she plans to attend that community college, I'm sure that will be a good experience for her. Enjoy your Curves today, as well as your grocery shopping.

Twinny--A busy morning of shopping can exhaust you, so an afternoon of rest would be good. I think it will warm up to 74 tomorrow with a high in the 90s sometime next week, so the outlook is good.

The lawn person just finished with doing the lawn, so I'll fix some lunch now and then might take a Kindle break. Midnight is looking toward the bed as a hint.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

Had some thunder and lightening last night and some moisture--but the worst/heavy rain was to the North.

LindaL: So glad to hear you are pleased with your attorney. Unfortunately it seems that we need assistance in settling such matters. So nice you received a letter--and your GD is certainly looking at some interesting experience/classes.

Grocery shopping can be tiring. Then once you get home you have to put everything away.

Rosa: I have never heard of Duck, NC---but I understand the beaches in NC are lovely. What a lovely trip you are planning---of fresh seafood---YUM!!! Do enjoy.

Jean: So funny about Grumpy cat---I don't know many kitties who would be so cooperative. Very nice of you to consider you niece---I am sure her activities are limited and it would certainly be a diversion.

I wasn't in the media yesterday---I didn't see the Malaysia flight news. I did see the news today. Such a senseless act.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, groan!! I just remembered I didn't go to the fitness place yesterday. Since it is closed on the weekend, I'd better go today. Don't I sound enthusiastic?

LindaR--I know you need rain and some is better than nothing. but you are really in mneed of more than you are getting. I took a pic of Grumpy Cat relaxing at QVC. She definitely is not shopping. People are standing in line for an hour to take a picture.

Off I go to the fitness place before I change my mind.

Respected Contributor

I know how easily I can get ""out of routines""! You have done very well in your exercise regimen.

I read yesterday's posts: Jules and Arlene: I love aquariums and your visit sounds just lovely. Jules: hoping that your daughter continues to do well. I know she will be a fabulous mom. I'm thinking they hit the mall today---know they are having a great time. Don't know if the fellas are shopping or doing guy things!!!

Contributor

You hit the head on the nail.The guys are going to the train museum and I am waiting for Arlene to pick me up-destination-mall.I plan on hitting the bookstore.Raining and cool today so all activities are indoors.Have a great one.