Contributor
Has anyone noticed that those girls work morning noon and night . You see them like now and if it was Monday see the same group on pm style and threw out the day. They are always smiling.Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Models work all hours

Many businesses are now 24/7...........and if you wanna keep your job, you need to be available for all shifts.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I did notice that. I don't know how they're able to look good for such a long stretch. I would be exhausted.

Honored Contributor

And these are not only QVC models. These are from an agency and do other gigs as well.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/18/2014 Desertdi said:

Many businesses are now 24/7...........and if you wanna keep your job, you need to be available for all shifts.

I agree with you.......i am sure there are many other models ready to jump in their place!!

Esteemed Contributor

I feel sorry for them....they never seem to get any sleep....

Honored Contributor

At least they have a schedule. Try being on call 24/7 in the medical or IT world. Lots of IT folks have to log on, take calls or go to the office and be there for days until something major is fixed. I admire people in all industries who have to work so hard.

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 circles said:

I feel sorry for them....they never seem to get any sleep....

I think they go where the money is. In a way, they're like professional athletes - at some point they'll age out of the job and they want to take advantage while they can.

I don't feel sorry for them, but I would love to know the secrets that make themselves look fresh around the clock. At my age, going without good sleep shows immediately on my face.

Contributor

did you guys see the picture of the model's sleep room Leah posted on Facebook a couple of months ago? They gave them this room because of their crazy schedule.

Super Contributor

I've seen a couple of new models recently. Judith Ripka had a new model for her shows and she's now modeling some clothing and this morning there was a new petite model.

QVC is probably a highly coveted job for a model - guaranteed work instead of having to go to look sees and interviews for every job, the same location instead of having to travel, so if you have kids, that's a plus. The downside is the number of hours. But, I think all of them do a great job and work hard at showing the details of whatever they are modeling.