Valued Contributor

Roll Up Sleeves - Do You Wear Them Up or Down?

Not that I've never worn them rolled up; however, I prefer them down especially when the sleeves are longer. How about you?

Super Contributor

Re: Roll Up Sleeves - Do You Wear Them Up or Down?

I have several blouses with tab sleeves and am always happy to wear them rolled up and tabbed.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the weather. I wear them both ways.

Honored Contributor

I roll up any long sleeve blouses. I have to have my lower arms free all the time

Super Contributor

Are you talking about long sleeves with attached tabs that you can roll up or leave down? I have a few shirts with those and if it's a thinner material, I'll roll them up and secure them with the tab. If it's a heavier material shirt, I will just leave them down or either cuff them up once or twice and not secure them with the tab.

However I bought some pjs with a top like this with short sleeves and it drove me crazy! The sleeves were always bunching up under my arms during the night and I hated it....I donated them.

Honored Contributor

I often roll up sleeves or turn back cuffs.

Honored Contributor

I roll my sleeves up all the time, I wear a lot of white and pastel button down shirts and I almost always roll the sleeves up to just below my elbow. It's just a more casual look and I like to show off my bracelets and my watches. Also, a stylist once told me that if you show some arm, you look thinner...lol So, maybe I should start rolling them up to my shoulder...lol There is one thing that I never do. Shirts that have that little tab that allows you to roll up the sleeve and then button it.....I never, ever use that little tab thing. I just think that button tab screams "old lady".

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 DiAnne said:

I often roll up sleeves or turn back cuffs.

Me too. Depends on the air conditioning at work too!

Respected Contributor

I always roll the sleeves on blouses -- it's more comfortable and provides a more casual look. Yes, I use the tabs if they're there (and they don't even whisper "old lady" to me Smile).

Respected Contributor

I prefer short sleeves that don't need any fussing.