Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered my first AS IS. I had a pair of pants in my shopping cart and by chance I decided to look at the AS IS. Well I found the same pants for much less. I cancelled one quickly and ordered the other.

Now the question.... what your experience with AS IS. Will I be sorry. Are these just returns or could they be really really in bad shape through washing and wear.

I guess my question is : What does the Q consider AS IS?

If the question has been asked before, sorry for asking it again but I really don't go way back to look for things.

Super Contributor

I've never ordered an ""as is"" item but I think I read that ""as is"" could be returns or items that were used on-air (like your pants could have been worn by a model during a presentation).

Esteemed Contributor

Funny thought, a 5 foot overweight model. Ok I had my laugh but I just hope no one wore, washed and then cut up in pieces before sending them back.

I will soon know. But I did save some cash.

Super Contributor

I ordered a pair of BMak leather slouch boots a couple of years ago and they looked brand new. No wear or damage. Still love them!

You can return AsIs items so go for it.

Valued Contributor

I just recieve a pair of as is D&C How Smooth jeans, they were perfect and still had the tags on them. My SIL just got a Dooney bag as is and it was also pristine, she saved $100. I always check as is before purchasing. You just never know.

Honored Contributor

As is states that it means it was used as a sample by the vendor or was worn by the models so go ahead and take a chance on it. I've bought 'as is' items and they have all been without flaws. One Diamonique multi stone tennis bracelet was missing a marquis stone and I had my local jeweler put another CZ in it and its perfect now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I have had good luck with Denim & Co. Capri's from the ""As Is"". The only problem I had was with the VPH Mercury glass pedestals-some didn't work at all and I returned.

Super Contributor

Oh I forgot, a few years back I ordered and received a Diamonique necklace and it was beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I check as-is all the time. If there is a TSV presented that I am interested in but think it's too expensive, I wait because they all end up in as-is.

I've only had 2 problems with as-is. One was a watch that was clearly either one the models wore during presentations or someone wore it everyday for the full 30 days and returned it. The band was really beat up and one of the holes stretched out.

My other problem was with a handbag. It arrived all scratched and scuffed up. It looked like one of the bags that was thrown all over the set when it sold out.

Honored Contributor
On 7/15/2014 bonnielu said:

Funny thought, a 5 foot overweight model. Ok I had my laugh but I just hope no one wore, washed and then cut up in pieces before sending them back.

I will soon know. But I did save some cash.

Ha that sounds just like me 5 feet BBW but hot lol

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.