Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone ever replace the hook on a bra?

My favorite, now discontinued, bra lost one of it's hooks somehow.

Betting this can be replaced? Please don't post links to how-to sites as I could do that myself. Just tell me if you've personally done this and how!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever replace the hook on a bra?

I just did this. I put the hook in the place it needed to be & then, I used my sewing machine, I manually set the needle down in one of the loops on the hook. Then I manually moved the needle to the outside of the loop. Back & forth & then I did the other loop. You could do it by hand, but it wouldn't be as strong.

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds so easy. Thanks for telling me how you did this. I think I'll give it a try.

The idea of tossing out a 50.00 bra because of a hook just kills me!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Another possibility- purchase a set of bra extenders in a sewing store- they all have 'em. Then sew the whole strip down, or use it without sewing. Easy, cheap. I used to do it a lot because I ALWAYS wear 3 hook bras. They are not too thick, and very smooth.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/14/2014 violann said: Another possibility- purchase a set of bra extenders in a sewing store- they all have 'em. Then sew the whole strip down, or use it without sewing. Easy, cheap. I used to do it a lot because I ALWAYS wear 3 hook bras. They are not too thick, and very smooth.

Genius!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

On 7/14/2014 violann said: Another possibility- purchase a set of bra extenders in a sewing store- they all have 'em. Then sew the whole strip down, or use it without sewing. Easy, cheap. I used to do it a lot because I ALWAYS wear 3 hook bras. They are not too thick, and very smooth.

Was just going to suggest that! Very easy.

Honored Contributor

Me too, Joann's Fabrics would carry them.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I didn't think it was possible; they look like they are welded in by Nasa.

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 gardensla said:

Genius!

My thought too, I use these often, my cup and band size to not coordinate, meaning I am a B in a 38 but the band needs to be 40

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.