Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 7/13)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a beautiful, sunny day. I'm in the process of debating whether or not I will get out of this chair and go to church. We are now having church an hour earlier so I'm not adjusted to losing an hour to relax in the morning.

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the Bob Mackie show with Sandra Bennett last night. It was a great show and they worked well together. Add to that, I could have been like a kid in a candy factory with the items they showed last night. I ended getting an item but I have my eyes on another item. Resistance is not futile!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, 7/13)

Hi Ladies!! Thanks for starting us, Jean. I enjoy Bob Mackie very much, although I only have 1 or 2 of his pieces. I saw the top on Leah yesterday that you purchased, it's lovely. I've added your niece to my prayer list. I'm sure this is so difficult for her and your family. I just got home from church, and I'm glad I forced myself to get moving early...though it wasn't easy. Enjoy if you head to the city!!

Gina, nice to see you posting.

Arlene, sounds like you enjoyed TJ. We have one about 4 miles from me, but I have yet to venture there. I will have to give it a try.

It's a little cloudy right now, but I'm hoping it clears as predicted. We are headed to the Mets game. We are big baseball fans, and they have been running some great promotions this year...buy one, get one free so, we've been going to a lot of games. No shopping on my radar this week...but, one never knows.

LindaL, I'm interested to hear how you like the Vitamix...let us know.

Enjoy!!!

Super Contributor

Hey ladies! Nice to talk to everyone as usual. I'm just looking at more condos that I cant really afford. Its so frustrating. I mean here I am with my bachelors in business and I'm working as a clerk in a hospital where I don't even make $1000 every two weeks. I really want a place of my own. Anyway its lousy here today. Cloudy and they said thunder storms are coming, so I told my Mom I wanna see Jersey Boys so we are going to the movies later. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Edit: I saw what you ladies wrote in the other shopaholic topic for yesterday and thank you its appreciated. Its another reason I need to get out I cant stand the fighting and not talking to each other anymore. My stomach is always in knots because I always feel like the big D word is coming.

Edit again: I mean seriously I cant believe how much a condo costs. Almost as much as a house.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Glad you are having such nice weather today. Nice that you enjoyed the Bob Mackie show last night. I like him and many of his designs, but I don't have any of his items in my wardrobe at this point. Well, I do have a scarf. I was tempted yesterday as well. I continue to pray for your niece.

Hi Karen -- enjoy the baseball game. I'm not a baseball fan, but football is another matter. I used the Vitamix to chop ingredients for a casserole last night, and it worked well. It is much easier to clean than other blenders. It worked very well for the smoothies this morning, and I didn't spill mine, which was good.

Sorry that condos are so expensive there Gina. I know that your area is pretty expensive, but it isn't easy if you don't make much money. I know the cost of living around here is way less than where I lived in Maryland (near DC), but salaries are also lower for the most part. Fingers crossed that you can find a place. Any chance you could just rent an apartment until you have enough money to buy? Hope you enjoy Jersey Boys. I am so sorry that your parents are fighting so much -- that must be so uncomfortable for you.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Marijane, Susan, Rosa, LindaR, twinny, Sonya, Nancy, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning. I need to get ready to go to church now. After church, I plan to go to the gym. Yesterday afternoon I went swimming, and it was very nice. The water was pretty warm (I can't believe that I'm saying that), but it was nice to be back in the pool.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

Hey Linda I've been thinking about renting. Of course all the cheap stuff comes up co-ops. At least my Mom is gonna help me out with the down payment.

Esteemed Contributor

Karen--Enjoy your ballgame. I'm not into sports myself but I know many enjoy the games. I am back from church. My cousin's wife told me that her cancer has returned, so I switched plans to see her tomorrow. She is a minister's wife so they are involved with the churches they pastor today.

Gina--It is always a good idea to rent for a year in the area to which you are considering moving. This gives you a chance to experience the reality of the area before you invest major dollars. Condos have certain advantages over home, especially when lawn care. etc. is included. Trust me, owning a home is not a blast. With an apartment. you will not have the cost of upkeep. etc. so it can be easier on the budget. Many invest in a home but then have to sell it later experiencing a loss in the process.

Linda--Enjoy church and the gym afterwards. The Vitamix is turning out to be a great purchase for you. It sounds as if you are definitely on the mend after the accident. Things like that do take time.

On the way back from church, I stopped at the deli as I didn't want to cook. I couldn't believe it. All they had was fried chicken, which I don't eat. I'm still halfway tempted to go to the city for something good, but I will endure.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Slow day on the thread. I've been watching "True Blood" streamed via Amazon Prime. An episode has ended, so I think I'll take a break with my Kindle. I just downloaded some more free books from Amazon.

Super Contributor

Day 10 without buying from QVC. I bought some necessary panties and PJs for me and my daughter from Amazon. We have a chuhuahua mix named Pikachu, whom we have nicknamed Pantychew because he's gone through dozens of panties. My daughter is messy so he gets them from her floor. Mine he gets when I miss the clothes hamper.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Jean, I was like you this morning - I didn't feel like getting out of bed and was debating whether or not I really wanted to go to church. In the end I did, and was glad - I met the most delightful woman who, along with her husband, is a missionary in Taiwan. We stayed after church and must have talked for nearly an hour; it was one of those rare times when you meet someone, have much in common, and feel like you've known each other for years. We're planning to stay in touch, which I'm looking forward to.

I don't know what's come over the dogs! Both of them were missing when I got up yesterday, but came back on their own after a few hours. Then late last night I got a call from someone who lives on the next block over - Autumn turned up at her home. (sigh) They NEVER leave the block, now all of a sudden they're out exploring, and getting into vicious fights with each other that seem to start up spontaneously. The other day they were fighting and even turning the hose on them didn't break it up.

Baby Ziggy is doing great; he's really enjoying his new sister. Please vote for him in the contest; if you don't see the link on my FB page, then you can find it on the QVC Shopaholics & Cooking Friends FB page. He really, really wants to help needy animals, and he also wants to be on the calendar.

Jean, I looked at what Bob Mackie had on last night, and I wouldn't mind having every single thing there - but I have too much that's never been worn as it is. What piece did you get?

I looked at the TSV, and it's tempting - but I can get the Ninja cooking system on Amazon for $30 less, plus no S&H. Then again, I don't cook often enough to justify getting it.

Karen, most everything I've gotten from Trader Joe's has been very, very good. For dinner last night I had a five cheese frusta, which I had never heard of before but is sort of a cross between a pizza and a calzone. They have lots of unique items, many of which I've never heard of, and I'm having fun trying them. Since they give you a refund for anything you don't like, it's a risk-free way to be a bit adventurous. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I got an email from ShopHQ saying the wallet that matches the purse that enabler LindaR made me buy was back in stock. Wink I went over to the site...and it was sold out already! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I guess that particular cat design is very, very popular...so I signed up for another email alert.

I think I'm going to take a nap for an hour, then hit the pool - the girls will have an outing in the early evening. Yesterday I took them to the park and Autumn had her swim, then we went to Wendy's. I got a second key chain tag that gives you a free Frosty with any purchase until the end of the year, as the clerk told me that you could get two Frosties that way with the purchase of just one item, so now they get chicken nuggets and a Frosty for dessert. I get a lick off each Frosty, so that's enough of a treat for me.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Super Contributor

Hey ladies! Just got back from seeing Jersey Boys...it was great I really liked it. I don't understand how it got 2.5 stars. I always liked the 4 seasons music. About me moving out....heres to hoping I win the lotto!