Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/12)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm feeling a need for retail therapy, and I have a 30% off Kohls coupon. It is to be a nice day so I might venture out to Kohls, but I have been known not to use these coupons. I may go to see the new "Ape" movie as the reviews are great. If I don't go today, I'll go tomorrow after church.

I'm watching AM Beauty right now but am really getting ready to watch AM Style, my favorite Style. I like Leah and do like the top she is wearing.

I saw a Bob Mackie top last night I really liked and had it in my cart but I decided to pass. I'm still thinking about it.

Summer is rapidly passing. It is hard to believe that students will be back in school in four weeks. I did buy an academic year calendar at Office Depot last Wednesday. It is a brand I've used for years as I like the format, and wanted to get it before they sell out. I waited too long one year and really disliked the calendar I had to get. This calendar is my master calendar for everything and runs from September of the current year through December of the next year.

Oh, that top Leah is wearing is a Bob Mackie top and is in the show this morning. Temptation!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, 7/12)

Morning ladies! Its another beautiful day here! This morning I'm forcing my butt to the gym. They have a Zumba class on Saturdays that I like to do. Oh if only I could that class not diet and lose weight! I went to Kohls the other day myself Kat to return something. Of course I had to stop and look at the jewelry clearance rack. Found a pair of Trifari earrings for $3.50 used my Kohls card to get another 15% off and I got them for $2.95. I also return the bottles and cans for the deposit my parents let me keep the money so I went into the Payless and got two pairs of earrings for $4.99 each. I am VOWING to have a small credit card bill for once. I'm tired of having such a big bill enough is enough. Enjoy your day ladies!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, the shopping therapy excuse kicked in. I have a Bob Mackie coming home as well as a Susan Graver. I'll stay home today and possibly go to the movie tomorrow after church.

Right now, I'm having my mid-morning snack of greek yogurt and getting ready to see what Netflix can offer me.

Gina--Sometimes, small dollar purchases work if they satisfy your urge to shop but keep in mind that small dollars do add up. Enjoy the earrings. That is a weakness I have also.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

Do you mind if I ask you ladies a question? Are you married and if you are do your husbands get mad for all the shopping you do?

Esteemed Contributor

Gina--I'm single, but my shopping now is primarily based upon need. I've lost weight so I'm gradually replacing my wardrobe. The tops I got today I likely could have bought at a later time but the easy pay was appealing. I make a point of paying these charged purchases off each month. These go on a Visa Signature card with a large limit but that card has been paid in full since I got it. Trust me. if you know that it has to be paid in full each month, you watch what you spend. Things such as easy pay can get out of hand if not tracked. For that reason, I look at my order status to make sure I'm not spending more than I'm willing each month. I track my expenditures elsewhere also. I can go a month without buying except for groceries or meds, but in another month buy several items. I just track things.

Honored Contributor

Hello there shopaholics ~ I was able to get a look at a co-workers insider magazine and have some information about an item for august 1st.

A is for AM Style; 2 is for the two sparrows that live with me; 5 is a favorite number of mine; 8 is almost my shoe size; 9 is less than ten; 9 is the sum of seven plus 2; 3 is another favorite of mine.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 7/12/2014 KonaKat said:

Gina--I'm single, but my shopping now is primarily based upon need. I've lost weight so I'm gradually replacing my wardrobe. The tops I got today I likely could have bought at a later time but the easy pay was appealing. I make a point of paying these charged purchases off each month. These go on a Visa Signature card with a large limit but that card has been paid in full since I got it. Trust me. if you know that it has to be paid in full each month, you watch what you spend. Things such as easy pay can get out of hand if not tracked. For that reason, I look at my order status to make sure I'm not spending more than I'm willing each month. I track my expenditures elsewhere also. I can go a month without buying except for groceries or meds, but in another month buy several items. I just track things.

KonaKat is on to something. Once I dug myself out of credit card debt I swore that I would not charge amounts that exceed what can be paid at month's end.

The only exceptions are:

1. If something catastrophic happened to my car and I needed to fix it.

2. Something big (like a water heater installation or like that) bought on my Home Depot card. In those instances I have to have no interest on the charge if paid by the terms and I usually push for 6 months or more.

Visa and Amex have not made a dime off of me in interest for years. I am surprised they haven't sent me a letter threatening to cancel my cards.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, beautiful day here not hot or humid. Enjoy your tops Jean, I forgot about am style this morning,went back to check but I didn't see anything...I too like AM better than PM style.

I hope you get to your Zumba class Gina and to answer your question my DH doesn't get mad at me. All the bills are paid off at the end of every month . I just mostly shop the Q,Macys and master card bill for Amazon. I have other store cards but seldom use. Like Bird Mama the CC haven't made a dime off me in years!

Hope your trip to Traders Joe's worked out Arlene. We have one in town that opened a few years ago I have been there only a few times...maybe I should go again and another smaller one in the next town that I went to only once when we first moved here ( 15 yrs ago) and I know some people love the store but I was not impressed...as I said I should give it another try.

Not much going on here..looks like another pool day for me..I had bought a cooked bbq chicken yesterday so that's for supper tonight unless a better offer comes along! The Yankees are on this afternoon so will be watching that too.

Have a nice afternoon everyone, Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Bird--Thank you for the info. I'll take a look. There are exceptions to the "pay off at end of the month" and you mentioned them....huge expenses. For vacations, I start saving money a year in advance so that when the charges come, the card gets paid. It takes discipline and sometimes making a priority out of expenditures. Travel is important to me as I have to get out of the rural boonies while I can. As a result, I pass on some things that many people consider important. The last few years, I had a habit of taking in several movies during the summer. To do that I have to travel 120 miles round trip. This summer, I have yet to take in a movie...but things intervened and only one appealed to me. Movie tickets plus car expenses can add up and pay for something else.

Marijane--I'm having a lazy day also, although I did take 45 minutes to do some things in the kitchen.

Off to check out Bird's recommendation. Again, thanks.

Bird--I like them but I bought a pair last year which are still in great shape.

Contributor

I need to hit the pause button on my shopping. Lately, I've bought:

Vitamix dry container, Eggspress cooker by MCM, Crockpot Lunch Warmer, Lock & Lock 1 cup multicolor bowls set,

Philosophy truckload of stuff with yesterday's event pricing, Lori Greiner fillable travel atomizers (some stocking stuffers, some for me), Pursefection purse organizer (to try inside the Thirty One Keep It Caddy tote)

I've also bought some things to turn my Ford Escape into a camper (SUV camping) and I have a long list of pre-orders on Logos Bible Software.

Earlier this summer I ordered 3 Lands End Tugless Tanks in the prints (pink, blue, lavender) but they have underwires in the bras now so I have to use an older suit for vigorous lap swimming.

Stop me! That should be enough retail therapy for a while.