Super Contributor

Shopaholics One Day At A Time-Friday

Good morning ladies! Its a beautiful day here today! Just sitting here eating my breakfast and having my tea. It kills me even when I don't have to get up early I'm up early anyway. I'm gonna leave here about 125ish to go see the munchkin. I said to my sister in law lets take her to lunch and bowling. She LOVES bowling. Enjoy your day ladies!

Edit: Got my fruit yesterday. I got peaches for $1.49 a pound which is really good...cherries for $2.49 a pound which isn't too bad before that I got them for $1.99 a pound. I got a container of strawberries for $2.99 and 4 container of blueberries for 2 for 4.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics One Day At A Time-Friday

Gina--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your fruit as well as your trip to see the munchkin.

I received the Vera Bradley duffel that I wanted to use to replace my older Lemon Hill version. It was beautiful but too big despite measurements given. The Lemon Hill I have is 19 inches long, has organization pockets on the outside and inside, and came with cosmetic case, etc. This was the Q version of VB before they started selling VB. My Lemon Hill is of the same quality but a much better designed bag. It may be older but I'll use it. The pattern of the VB was beautiful but that didn't make up for lack of usefulness and organization. At least, there was no shipping involved to or from me. It is ready to go to UPS.

I've been waiting for a phone call, so I haven't made it to the fitness place. I may have to wait until the afternoon...or not at all.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Gina - Thank you for starting us today, have fun with your outing.

Jean - Sorry the duffel didn't work out, I hate when the item is larger or smaller than they specified. Hope you get your phone call so you can start your day.

Not much going on here today, making spicy pretzels for a party tomorrow. Our area celebrates the 4th a week after, this way people are around to see the fireworks. They do a good job, but now I will have to give my dog a bunch of calming treats before we leave so hopefully he sleeps thru them. Loud noises just scare the living day lights out of the dog. He will actually pant and shake himself into exhaustion.

Well off to do something else constructive around here. Have a good day everyone.

Super Contributor

Wow I forgot all about Lemon Hill. I actually kinda liked it better than Vera Bradley but as you know in the end KVZ beat them all out for me. I understand about not making it to the gym. I joined one and haven't been there in a few days. I just don't feel like going.

Esteemed Contributor

Gina--I do remember your "fondness" of the KVZ bags. Now that they are not easily found, have you found another love?

Susan--I do hope the fur babies survive the fireworks. As beautiful as they are, they do create problems for fur babies as well as some individuals who have PTSD from being in a war.

I'm still waiting for the call. The minute I go out the door they will call as they never use the cell number. I'll fix something to eat and then make the call myself even if it disturbs them during something they are doing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Super Contributor

^Hey Kat....still love my KVZ bags they are all I use. My sister in law texted me said its too nice out for bowling I agree. We are gonna take munchkin to the park to feed the ducks.

Esteemed Contributor

Gina--Enjoy the park!

I had an early lunch and then made the phone call. I'm almost ready to go to the fitness place, at which time the VB bag will go to the UPS pick up place.

New research shows that "between 150 and 250 minutes per week of moderate intensity physical activity is effective in preventing weight gain greater than 3% in most adults but will provide "only modest" weight loss." So ACSM has published new physical activity recommendations in the journal Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. Overweight and obese individuals are more likely to lose weight and keep it off if they exercise for least 250 minutes per week. Exercising for more than 250 minutes per week has resulted in "significant" weight loss for these individuals.

So what does this mean? If you're trying to lose weight, 50 minutes of cardio exercise along with regular strength training (a day or 250 minutes a week) might be what it takes to see the results you're hoping for.---SparkPeople Blog, 4/10/2013

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Gina, and hope you have a wonderful time at the park. I get excited about buying fruit myself. Those were pretty good buys, but I managed to get cherries for less than $1 a pound yesterday. Yum!

Hi Jean -- hope you are able to reach the person you want to reach. Nothing worse than sitting around waiting for a call. As you may remember, one day last week I waited to speak to my doctor all day, and he never called. I was happy to reach him the first thing the next morning.

Very sorry the duffel bag didn't work out for you Jean. Glad it was free shipping at least. But, it is so disappointing when things don't turn out as described.

Hi Susan -- spicy pretzels sound interesting. Hope you manage to calm your dog down for the area celebrations.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Marijane, LindaR, Rosa, Val, Karen, Gayle, Sonya, twinny, Nancy, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

It is nice here this morning -- not too hot and a little breeze. They are saying that we may not have rain today, but the rest of the weekend it is more likely. DH and I had a nice walk this morning.

I'm so excited because my Vitamix is out for delivery -- that is faster than expected. Other than picking up a few things at Wal-Mart and produce at the 99 cent store, no shopping planned for today. I will go to Curves this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Glad the Vitamix is out for delivery. I know how excited you were to order it; I believe you will make great use of it.

I'm off to the Fitness place.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm back from the fitness place where I put in an hour. I'm now relaxing by watching IM. Then I'll see what I can do around the house. I got a Denim & Co. top in the mail. I already had it in coral but got the black print. Perfect fit!!! The reviews on this are outstanding. A198565.