Honored Contributor

Curious to know what was there in terms of merchandise and how much it was discounted. Where do you think the things came from? Customer returns? Overstock? Are there dressing rooms? Describe them to those of us who have never seen one. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Whos been to a QVC store?

HI ECBG... I have been to many QVC outlet stores. It's kind of hard to explain but I'll give it a go. Some stores get mainly electronics. These are returns or sometimes they have a lot of the same item. Like a lot of the same cameras. Some stores have primarily clothing. There are no dressing rooms. Missing belt; seconds; make up on clothing; missing buttons; clothing laundered and returned and once again a whole lot of one item. Hit or miss you never know what will in stock. After seasonal items are shown like gardening items, a few months later there will be a lot of garden items, some still in boxes and some returns; many items that don't seem to make it to air time. At XMas there are a lot of toys, dolls, decorations etc. A few stores get most of the jewelry. The prices are fabulous usually 25% of the prices shown on tv. NO RETURNS!!! I lived close to QVC at one time and my friends and I would go to all the outlets in that area. My friend's husband said he didn't mind going into the outlets because he felt like he was at home. (Everything in the outlet store they had in their house). She didn't let him go anymore after that comment!!!

Yes, the bargains are terrific but you have to go often because you never know what will be there. My friends who still live in the area get notices when certain items are coming to the outlet stores.

Super Contributor

They are in the East Coast, Pennsylvania and North Carolina, so I haven't but I do remember many years back they sold Diamonique at Target. They must have very good prices, because the Qvc items I have purchased on Ebay have been less costly than the as is prices.
Occasional Contributor

I lived about a mile from the QVC Studio in West Chester Pa. I visited the Studio Store many times. It is a mixture of a little bit of everything . Handbags, jewelry, ,kitchen items and makeup. They did have food items several years ago, but I don't remember seeing them recently. I visited the store two weeks ago for some Dr. Denese products. They have a few clothing items but not much. They also carry the TSV of the day.. This depends on what is featured. Usually a make- up item. I remembered stopping by the store after work yo buy the Mally TSV last year. It's a really nice stop if you are in the area..
Respected Contributor

They had one in Wilmington, DE, but it's closed. There is now one at the beach in Rehoboth. The one in Wilmington was very messy. Stuff was tumbled all over and it was hard to shop the clothes. The shoes were a very good deal. You have to prowl around and poke at everything. Not everything was a good deal.

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 sophisticated girl said: I lived about a mile from the QVC Studio in West Chester Pa. I visited the Studio Store many times. It is a mixture of a little bit of everything . Handbags, jewelry, ,kitchen items and makeup. They did have food items several years ago, but I don't remember seeing them recently. I visited the store two weeks ago for some Dr. Denese products. They have a few clothing items but not much. They also carry the TSV of the day.. This depends on what is featured. Usually a make- up item. I remembered stopping by the store after work yo buy the Mally TSV last year. It's a really nice stop if you are in the area..

That is such a nice area. If I lived near there, I'd be there all the time, LOL. I like the Studio Store, but I wish they carried more Logo and more fashion. They have too much Susan Graver and Quacker Factory.

The outlets are hit or miss. I've been to Frazer many times and to the Lancaster one 4 or 5 times. I have found a few buys there.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

They sell clothes but don't have dressing rooms? That & the no returns policy would probably be a deal-breaker for me. It sure kills my interest in going to one.

HSN Outlets have dressing rooms and a regular 30 day return policy.

Honored Contributor

I have been to the Studio store which was very nice, I was there a long time ago and I have been to the Rehoboth Beach store, its a bit messy lots of returned clothing, I bought a B Mak bag at 50% of what it was on the air

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 willdob3 said:

They sell clothes but don't have dressing rooms? That & the no returns policy would probably be a deal-breaker for me. It sure kills my interest in going to one.

HSN Outlets have dressing rooms and a regular 30 day return policy.

You can go into the bathroom in the lobby and use the dressing room. Plus they do have a return policy--30 days for outlets and studio store.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I remember when they had the shop in the Mall of America and also the shop in a mall in Charlotte. I think that one was called Savor and had all Diamonique jewelry. LOL, seeing all that Diamonique together really made it all look so cheap. The Mall of America store was fun to visit. It was very small and had all sorts of different products. Sorry to see that it closed.