Esteemed Contributor

Susan's embellishments -- odd??

I'm just curious what other people think about the embellishments Susan Graver puts on so many of her tops. She comes out with what might be a cute top, but adds embellishments that severely limit what you wear it with, what other jewelry you might wear, such as earrings. She might have a blue and white top, with orange embellishments at the neckline. One example - A255967. The wooden beads are not as bad as some but, in my opinion, it would mean you need an earring that at least comes close to matching. She does this on a lot of her tops, but if the embellishments are at least tonal to match the top, that makes it much easier. But so many are completely different colors than the top, then how do match the bottom and what do you do for accessories? I don't care much for embellishments anyway, especially when they're garish, and if they're too different than the fabric, I just don't buy. Any thoughts?

/></p>

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Susan's embellishments -- odd??

That top would be a lot better without any embellishment.

Frequent Contributor

I agree. I'd consider ordering this top, but only if it wasn't embellished. I prefer unembellished clothing and accessories.

Esteemed Contributor

Odd is not the usually the first word that comes to my mind......

Frequent Contributor

It definitely looks out of place on that top. (IMO!)

Esteemed Contributor

Must be fun to iron around stones/fake diamonds and these squares. I say - leave your (SG)choice of add-on's OFF clothing and we'll add what best matches our taste of style.

This top is terrible!

Honored Contributor

Not good with the top. All the embellishments are not necessary. All they do is render the garment to "hand wash, dry flat". Who wants to do that? Without the junk sewn on, the top would be machines wash and dry. I'm mystified why any women would be that. Not just Graver, any brand that you have to waste time laundering.

Super Contributor

Like everything else in the world ... some I like ... some I don't like.

I only buy what works with the rest of my stuff ... so it's fairly easy to find coordinating jewelry in my stash.

Super Contributor

The beads on this top are not wood. They are a marbelised stone look and, personally, I like them a lot. They are definitely not "garish" in the least. Since they have a yellow gold setting I would wear any pair of yellow gold earrings with it. Don't really see a problem but then I like SG and her clothing.

As for ironing being a problem - who in the ---- irons!? If anything I steam but everything I have comes out of the dryer smooth as silk. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

I like a lot of Susan's clothes and have been buying since she first came on QVC. However, I think her styles have changed and not necessarily for the better-too many of her prints are also becoming more and more garish (I like her watercolors and she does some great prints as well). These below are what I consider "way too much" in embellishments. I actually purchased the 3rd one down because I liked the print and didn't realize how the embellishment would look. When I got it home and tried it on, the beading was so heavy it just "laid" on the top of my bustline and looked really weird - it really didn't go at all with the top -- so back it went.

Susan Graver French Terry Striped Top with Neckline EmbellishmentsSusan Graver Liquid Knit U-Neck Top w/ Bead & Shell EmbellishmentsAs Is Susan Graver Liquid Knit 3/4 Sleeve Tunic with Embellishments