Not applicable

If you gals out there value your sanity DO NOT USE SHOPHQ valuepays. Here's what they don't tell you when shopping. First, the valuepays are not all exactly the same amount. They round up in their favor. Second, when the rep is telling you "that" went through your credit card, what actually went through is your fist value pay and NOTHING more. It is up to you to be sure you have pen, paper, calculator and calendar available when using valuepays or you will end up losing your sanity paying for the valuepays over and above your credit limit. That's how shophq makes their money. Third, if you can't pay the $200.00 credit card bill plus the $200.00 value pay every month, they will send you to a collection agency that will not only send you one bill but three every month and will try to double and triple bill you, if you aren't paying attention. Thirdly, DO NOT give them another credit card info or they will automatically put your valuepays that don't go through your shophq card on whatever they have on file WITHOUT notifying you. Send them a money order or cashier's check. It's very unfortunate for Kate & Mallory designs, as well as many other exclusive designers because they will undoubtedly lose many customers doing business this way. I paid them off with another credit card, closed my account, cut my card up and DO NOT get anywhere near their channel anymore. Oh, and by the way the credit card company GE Capital/Synchrony WILL NOT help you. You are on your own. I loved many of the clothes and other products I purchased through Shophq but it isn't worth the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy either directly from the designers or on ebay or amazon.

Frequent Contributor

I have 2 Valuepays with them right now and never had a problem. Before I place my order on line, I add the amount of the item and the shipping and divide by the amount of Valuepays for that item. I know exactly what would be charged monthly and when. I also get emails reminding me. You are the first person I know of who has a problem with it.

Respected Contributor

Very strange post. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

How could all your value pays be the same amount? If you're talking about (as an example), six value pays, your charges will be split six ways plus s/h and tax if applicable. If you buy one $60 item, your vps will be $10 a month for six months. If you buy an item for $100, your vps will be around $16.67 for six months.

Every month, prior to them billing, they send me an e-mail with all charges and easy pays for that month. I have never had a problem.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Super Contributor

I have used value payments. When I click on the status of each order, I get the stats of what my charge will be each month; they're not usually exactly the same amount; they're usually a couple of pennies off. If you add all the value payments up, you should get the same amount as the purchase price amount. I think the only shopping network that charges the SAME amount every month is the Q.

I don't understand the OP's rant. If you charge $200 worth of purchases on ANY credit card, shouldn't you have a lot more than $200 as your available credit?!?!?!?! If all you have as your available credit limit is $200, then perhaps ask for a higher credit limit, or make the purchase some other time. My available credit is almost always 75%.

Honored Contributor

Color me confused.

I use VP and I've never had a problem. I don't have a ShopHQ card.

ShopHQ charges you the first value play PLUS s/h and tax. QVC is the only network I know of that equally divides your s/h and tax. HSN and ShopHQ charge that to you all on your first payment.

After that, your payments are equal installments until possibly the very last payment.

ShopHQ also sends out e-mails every single month letting you know what payments are due to them for that month.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is here.

Honored Contributor

Never had a problem with any of my value pay orders but it has been a couple of years since I used the feature.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Super Contributor

I never have any problem either. I know exactly what my payment is each month from all 3 shopping networks. {shrug}

Super Contributor

I buy from there a lot because I am a huge watch addict. I always use the value pays and I have never had a problem. I don't have their ShopHQ card. I don't really see a problem with their channel or their billing. I pay my bills on time. Like other posters said, maybe I am just confused...

Honored Contributor
I think the OP means that the VP's put her over her credit limit and she is trying to figure out how to pay enough so the VP goes through. I think - lol
Honored Contributor

I've been shopping with Shop for many years, using value pay, and never had such a problem.

Methinks there is more to the story than is being told.