Regular Contributor

Someone Please Answer This For Me!= Pantyhose

I have a wedding to go to in August. I am upset because it seems like pantyhose are no longer in fashion. All I ever see are girls and older woman wearing faux tanner on bare legs. Young girls started this and now it seems like I will look dated and feel like a fool if I don't follow the pack. It's easy for young girls to go without hose since they have no spider veins and whatever else shows up as we age. I also have white legs and prefer the finished look of hose. I'm hating the idea of having to color my legs and arms, but I'd rather do that then look outdated!

Do woman in offices still wear pantyhose or not? Do only very old woman wear them? Let me know what is going on with this whole fashion thing of no hose please. Thank you.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Someone Please Answer This For Me!= Pantyhose

My son got married last August and I wore very sheer off black hose with black patent pumps (my dress was black and white) and I don't care if anyone liked it or not. I was not going to his wedding in bare legs.

At my office, I wear slacks all the time just to avoid this very issue. I don't care about not having hose with slacks. But the wedding needed a dress and I needed hose. I'm said to myself then, "I'm 58 years old and I can do what I want."

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Wear the pantyhose. You have to do what makes you feel good. Who cares what other fools are doing?

Honored Contributor

My work required hose until a few years before I retired. This is Phoenix......can you imagine getting into a 150 degree car in the summer wearing hose? Glad they finally relented. As for a wedding........I think I would opt for a long dress.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Definitely wear the hose if they make your legs look better and if you will be more comfortable. There are some young girls and many older women who would benefit from a pair of hose.

Super Contributor

On 6/29/2014 insomniac said:

Wear the pantyhose. You have to do what makes you feel good.

This! Personally I don't wear pantyhose but I see nothing wrong with someone who likes it wearing it
Super Contributor

I am in my early 40s and wear pantyhose to work. While the dress code no longer explicitly requires it, I leave the bare legs to the interns and new hires as I don't think it is professional looking. I don't think there's any one answer to this question, so wear what you think looks and feels good for you.
Regular Contributor

On 6/29/2014 insomniac said:

Wear the pantyhose. You have to do what makes you feel good. Who cares what other fools are doing?

What a great reply-.

Honored Contributor

My corporate office requires pantyhose but the pantyhose police officer is retiring soon, so that will be the first "rule" to go after she's gone, I'm sure Smiley Very Happy

I haven't met our new CEO in person yet. If she is not wearing hose, then neither am I.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

My office is a little over 1,000 workers, and the majority of us are women. I haven't seen pantyhose in years.

Before the wedding, how about spending a day in a dress without pantyhose. Maybe you feel differently at the end of that day.

That being said, please wear whatever makes you comfortable, we've all earned that right.