Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. I just returned from doing my stint at the senior fitness center. I put in 7-1/2 miles and supposed racked up a loss of 430 calories. We all know, however, those machines can't accurately measure calories burned. We are all different heights, weights, etc. and if there is no way to customize it then the amount is just an estimate. I must admit that this Nordic Track and I are getting along well. I read and do periodic checks to make sure I am maintaining my speed.

I got back in time to see that Vera Bradley is being featured. I can remember when QVC had its own brand Lemon Hill which was of equivalent quality and less expensive. I had one of those bags and it worked very well. I prefer bags that can be rolled as some of those distances in airports can be a challenge if one of these bags are loaded. Yes, they are light starting out but when loaded, it is another matter especially is one has a shoulder issue and not supposed to carry heavy things.

I see Progresso Light soup is in the future for lunch. I can easily eat this anytime. I never liked canned soups that much until I discovered this bag. My Kansas City steakburgers are out for delivery so I will be having one of those tomorrow for dinner.

I did get the "As Is" Quacker Factory crops I ordered. I examined them carefully and I was fortunate to get two pair with no problems. For the two pair, I saved around $40 by going the "as is" route. I think I am very well supplied with items such as these in my new size.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, JUNE 26)

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. So glad you are feeling better, and you certainly are doing well with your exercising. Glad to hear the crops are fine.

I have one Vera Bradley bag that I got from eBay at a lower price than normal. It is a nice bag, but I have a different summer bag that has a bit more room. I should probably try the Vera Bradley bag again someday. Right now, purses aren't a high priority for me.

I'm still not back to normal even after three weeks, but I am trying to do a bit more each day with the hopes I'll get my strength back and get rid of dizziness and pain. At least I'm much better than I was.

Nothing exciting planned here. I have some writing to do for my friend who came out with the album. This afternoon, I may try the gym or the pool.

Waves to Kathleen (have a great weekend with your DH), Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR (please check in with us), Karen, Gayle, Val, Rosa, Sonya (quite a hike you and DH took!), Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, glad you made it to the Senior Center. I taped the Vera Bradley shows today, not buying, but I like to watch them. I have the Metropolitan travel case and I do like it, you can secure it to your suitcase so you don't have to carry it. But, you are correct that they start out light until you put your "stuff" in it. The duffels with the thin straps dig into your shoulders, I had one of those and donated it because of that problem.

This area is almost back to normal after the storm we had the day before yesterday. One of our main roads had 9 power poles go down on it and they have detoured traffic around this area. If you are from this area the detour is easy, but we get a lot of people from Pittsburgh who work up here are not familiar with the side roads for the detours so it is confusing for them. Hopefully all will be back to normal by this evening. I had heard on the news that winds hit 85 miles an hour on Tuesday.

Well not much going on here today, I do have to go out and tend to my flowers, they need cut back and deadheaded. I know, I live such an exciting life. Off to get some caffeine and get moving. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It takes time after an accident for one to return to the level before the accident. I think we all want something like that to happen faster than nature says is right for recovery.

Susan--I'm about 3 hours from you so at times we share similar weather. We did not, however, have it that severe on the last storm. It actually isn't supposed to rain, etc. for the next three days which is a pleasant break.

Kathleen--I just read on FB of your coming weekend trip to be with DH. Have a great weekend!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon ladies:

I had been out of town for a few days to attend a ladies conference. It was very meaningful and I got a lot out of it. As I was standing in line for the banquet seating someone walked up to me and told me her name. I didn't recognize her name and then she told me her maiden name and it was an incredible surprise. We had known each other MANY years ago---she had a ""first love"" crush on my cousin and we spent a lot of time back in the day with ""young love"" stuff. Her dad passed away from a heart attack and her mom relocated (she was a nurse) and I lost contact with her. I knew she had married but I didn't know where she lived. I knew her Mom had passed but I didn't know her sister had also passed. Life changes brought her back to Tx and she hoped to retire at some point--I'm sure she will probably return to the North. But I plan to keep in contact. Even after all these years I think the ""flame"" still burns!!!

When I got home I walked in the house--thinking all I wanted to do was get a cold drink and put my feet up. I hit the switch--nothing happened---sigh---went to another switch and decided the power was out---I called the power company. They were at my house in less than 30 minutes. He said there had been a major electrical storm the night I had left and it was likely that my power had been out since then.

I had boarded Fred and went into sticker shock when I picked him up. They had gone up on their rates (about double). But it is a price I am willing to pay. He had been ""not himself"" for about a week prior---when I dropped him off he wasn't happy. But he was so very happy when I picked him up. He is not allowed to sit in my lap while I am driving--and he did this three times before I finally got him to settle into his area. He has a pillow and a blanket that is his. I think he had been affected by our change in routine and he is back to being his jolly self again.

We have been having very unusual weather for us. Had heavy rains earlier today---last night it started to rain as I got home for the evening. I know rain has been affecting many people.

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon! Hot and humid here. Still learning lots of new "stuff" at work, really enjoy the people here.

I have gotten many nice things from the "as is" section, my SIL just bought a Teal colored Dooney and saved $100, it was perfect.

No shopping planned today, after work I am getting my hair cut and colored, or as DH used to say "dipped and clipped"{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Respected Contributor

Rosa: glad to see you dropping in. It's been cooler than normal for us (not saying much I do not think we have hit 100 yet) but the humidity is BLAH!.

Love the dipped and clipped!!!!

Respected Contributor

LindaL: I meant to comment on you. I am happy to see you making a little bit of progress each day. It is a work in progress to recover---I think it was a wise decision to secure an attorney. It is unfortunate that after being a loyal customer for these many years that things weren't smoother for you. Perhaps it is a part of our current litigious society. Hoping that the dizzy spells abate for you. I know you are very active and just don't want to have to be hindered.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--I have missed you and wondered if you were ill or just busy. I always worry when I leave home that something will happen while I am gone. I then tell myself that there is nothing I can do and just dismiss it. It would be a surprise to come home to a problem. I know about sticker shock when boarding a pet. Mine didn't double but as you say it is a price we are willing to pay to know that our fur baby is safe and well cared for. I thought of you the other day when I used my purple B Mak cross body bag. I still use it and the red.

Rosa--So good to see you checking in. Let me say that I love the "dipped and clipped" reference. I do hope your new job is going well, and that you continue to take recovery one day at a time. Life does go on with the memories we have to enrich each day. There is a Dooney in "as is" right now with very significant savings.

The drugstore's system called to notify me that some more meds are ready. I'm not ready so I'll delay picking them up until tomorrow. Right now, I'm comfy doing some odds and ends as I watch Criminal Minds.

I did check out the 50% off sale at the Vera Bradley website as a form of window shopping and keeping on top of things. I love the look of some of those carry ons but I prefer a rolling bag small enough to fit under the seat. Sometimes you will get a seat that has equipment partly under it which reduces available space. I have a rolling one that generally works for under the seat although I have had to put it overhead at times, as well as another organizer under the seat bag which does not roll. It can get very heavy when required to walk long distances in some airports. Having these, however, does not keep me from looking.

Respected Contributor

I saw a number of VB bags at the conference. Just guessing by the gray hair---these ladies were definitely senior citizens!