Honored Contributor

Are Citiknits Outfits Outdated?

I have had two 4-piece outfits for years. I wore them when I worked at a bank but now I look at them and they seem really outdated. I know I may have already decided what I should do with them.

What do you think? Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Are Citiknits Outfits Outdated?

Interesting that you would bring that up. I was just looking at mine a few days ago, & I bought them several years ago. They do indeed look a bit tired & "old lady-ish" & I'm an old lady myself (66), so I think I'll be donating them to charity.

Honored Contributor

Can you mix any of the pieces up with new accessories or tanks?

Honored Contributor

I don't worry about that. If I like, I'll wear it.

You might get more dates wearing Linea. Wink

Honored Contributor

VCamp, thank-you for sharing. In the day, I really thought they looked nice but now, even though I'm 62, not so much. I will say that the citiknits really held up well. Great material.

Honored Contributor

lolakimono, that is a good idea. The jackets are lightweight, so I may try them on with something else.

Honored Contributor

I used to rock the slinky material years ago when I worked. Kathy Lee Grifford Walmart slinky stuff. I think when worn the right way, they still have staying power. I think slinky head to toe is too much....if you have a skirt, try pairing it with a cotton button-down.....mix the materials. Also the look of blazers & jackets is too...'slinky'. Separate the outfits...they might have a different look.

Super Contributor

I have a couple of pant sets that still look really good. (Pants and a tunic type top). With the right jewelry, they look really nice. Their style isn't dated, but the fabric might seem so. However, it's the same as Slinky and they are still selling on the other channel.

Super Contributor

Actually, I saw a woman (50ish) trying on a maxi burgundy citiknit dress on at Goodwill and put a long scarf with it and she had a pair of wedge shoes and the whole outfit looked very upscale.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/25/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Interesting that you would bring that up. I was just looking at mine a few days ago, & I bought them several years ago. They do indeed look a bit tired & "old lady-ish" & I'm an old lady myself (66), so I think I'll be donating them to charity.

Old lady?!! Hey, watch it! I'm 66 too, and I'm not accepting any "old lady" designation!