Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Hope everyone is weather the storm in the NE okay, we had a heck of a storm last night, I think we end up with some straight line winds. We have a major traffic area that is shut down right now, the storm last night blew down power line and the poles onto the road and they are still cleaning it up now. Traffic will be a mess in that area. The area has 2 shopping centers there some hotels and it has the ramps to the interstate there. Glad I don't have to go that way today. If I was still working I would travel it and would have to taken a long detour around it to get to work. We will probably end up with flooding around here, we are lucky because it won't really affect our house, we may end up with a trickle of water in our basement but that is about it. Right now we have puddles sitting in our yard. Wish we could send the rain to those who really need it,

No shopping on the radar today, except for dog treats, I do have to get my hair cut in a couple hours but that is about it.

Not much more to report from this area, hope everyone has a great morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Wednesday

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. Avoid the traffic mess; storms create so many problems when the electricity goes out or limes go down, etc. Good job with no shopping on the radar.

We also had bad storms again last night with many areas going without electricity. I personally did not have a problem except to endure the storm. I haven't looked outside yet to see if there are any problems. Right now, I don't feel the best so I'm taking it easy.

I have been interested in the square version of the TSV which is a grill only. I'm debating the tsv. Right now, there isn't much of a price difference between the two but the tsv has some extras. I'm in no rush to make a decision; it will be back. I've read the reviews on the grill version at both QVC and Amazon. Right now. nutrition by pill would work for me. Unless I start feeling better, I likely will not be going to the senior fitness center today.

An alert just popped up on the computer to expect another storm around an hour from now. It doesn't seem to stop.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Ladies, thanks for starting us Susan, the storms in your area sounded really bad, we escaped them but they are saying storms for us later on( they said that yesterday too)..we could use some rain here for the flowers etc...I can tell the humidity is up fom yesterday. Sorry you are not feeling great Jean, maybe wise to skip a day at the senior center. Your planters you posted on fb are really coming along...they looked nice. I think I have the same outdoor mat/rug you have....I got is a a s/v years ago.....I keep mine on my screened in porch and I have wicker furniture on it. Not much going on here will probably drop off a few bags of clothes for Goodwill......I'm on my own for supper tonight and I have been craving a BLT for some time now so that's what I will have. Great news for your daughter Kathleen .Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane
Esteemed Contributor

We had a poster who inquired about how to handle shopping habits. I just found this Mondy Talks video which discusses the signs of a ""shopaholic"" and gives suggestions on how to handle it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/14/shopaholic-7-signs-addicted-to-shopping_n_1883751.html

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

A family birthday coming up so I did a little shopping online yesterday. It was my initial intent to "go out" and look but I was waiting for callbacks etc re: medical and just decided it would be best to stay at home. Thanks to all who posted positive messages re: my upcoming biopsy. I guess waiting is always the hardest part.

Very hot today. We just walked our dog this am and learned that one of our neighbors was attacked by a dog yesterday. He is doing pretty good but is sounded pretty terrifying.

It will be a quiet day today. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, Sorry about your bad storms. I would rather have a snow storm than the bad thunderstorms. It is nice that you don't have to fight traffic to get to work anymore.

Jean, I hope you are feeling better soon too. Probably a good idea to take a day away from the fitness center. it sounds like you are having stormy weather too.

Marijane, I love BLT with corn on the cob. Our humidity is finally getting lower for a day or two, then more rain for the rest of the week.

RC, great news on your DD. Every bit helps & also relieves some of the stress in these kinds of situations.

Not much going on today around here. The dinner party last night although small was lots of fun. Our friends just retired in March so they are enjoying a new life style. Our friend told his wife in March that before he died he wanted to buy a nice convertible. So in March of this year, they bought a beautiful BMW silver w/black top. It is 6 years old with only 20,000 miles on it. It looks like it came out of the show room yesterday. I bet the neighbors thought we had the fanciest car in our driveway. It is only a two seater, so DH & I couldn't enjoy a ride with them. I am taking dinner to some friends tonight. The wife has been having lots of seizures the entire month of June.. They did up her meds. so she should be o.k., but she is to take it very easy. She started having brain bleeds about 30 years ago, so it has been an ongoing problem. They are very faithful in the Lord, so they are patient in these health issues.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Sorry about your storms, but glad you don't need to drive to work. Retirement certainly has some perks. We could certainly use some rain here, but no such luck.

Sorry you aren't feeling well Jean. I think you need a day off from the fitness center.

Waves to Marijane, Gayle, twinny, Kathleen, Arlene, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, Nancy, Sonya, Val, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

I'm about to leave for physical therapy, but I hope to post again later.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Gayle, family b'days are fun. I don't like waiting for that "special" phone call. They seem to make me very anxious--usually for nothing. Prayers for your upcoming biopsy too. One of my BF's from HS her husband was attacked by a pit bull a couple of months ago. Very frightening for both of them, as he has health issues & couldn't get away from the dog. In the incident he re injured his arm/shoulder & had to have rotator cuff surgery last week. I am sure his recovery will be a painful slow one.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a bright, sunny day; my pool guy is on his way over for a final check, and as soon as he leaves I hope to get a swim in - the last couple of days it began to storm just as I was getting ready. Yesterday the rain was really, really heavy!

When I checked FB as I had my breakfast I saw that there was a murder a block or so away, just over the border of the next city. At first it was thought it was a wreck, as the car was in a culvert, but when police investigated they saw the man in it had been shot. It's disturbing - this is a good neighborhood - but I guess no place is safe these days.

I have some good news; Cupcake, a kitty I adopted over a year ago when someone was threatening to shoot her and her friend (Cookie) on the farm where they lived, has been hiding in the dark basement all this time; if I got anywhere near her, she'd bolt. Well, over the last few days she's suddenly come out of her shell, and has started exploring the house - I've found her on the kitchen windowsill, in the bathroom sink, napping in a litterbox... Well, today she was on the kitchen counter when I got up, and actually let me pet her! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Cookie is still very timid; she's been living on a chair under the dining room table - but at least it's not a dark basement.

Nothing else going on - I MUST finish catching up on homework today, and when that's done I have to get the grass cut this week, as well as the rugs shampooed and floors cleaned.

Hope you're feeling better, Jean.

I hadn't had a BLT in ages, then had one when we went out last week - it was a chicken BLT and boy, was it good! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Here's something to make you all smile: Older Ladies

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a bright, sunny day; my pool guy is on his way over for a final check, and as soon as he leaves I hope to get a swim in - the last couple of days it began to storm just as I was getting ready. Yesterday the rain was really, really heavy!

When I checked FB as I had my breakfast I saw that there was a murder a block or so away, just over the border of the next city. At first it was thought it was a wreck, as the car was in a culvert, but when police investigated they saw the man in it had been shot. It's disturbing - this is a good neighborhood - but I guess no place is safe these days.

I have some good news; Cupcake, a kitty I adopted over a year ago when someone was threatening to shoot her and her friend (Cookie) on the farm where they lived, has been hiding in the dark basement all this time; if I got anywhere near her, she'd bolt. Well, over the last few days she's suddenly come out of her shell, and has started exploring the house - I've found her on the kitchen windowsill, in the bathroom sink, napping in a litterbox... Well, today she was on the kitchen counter when I got up, and actually let me pet her! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Cookie is still very timid; she's been living on a chair under the dining room table - but at least it's not a dark basement.

Nothing else going on - I MUST finish catching up on homework today, and when that's done I have to get the grass cut this week, as well as the rugs shampooed and floors cleaned.

Hope you're feeling better, Jean.

I hadn't had a BLT in ages, then had one when we went out last week - it was a chicken BLT and boy, was it good! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Here's something to make you all smile: Older Ladies

Have a blessed day, everyone!