Occasional Contributor

Clothing reviews, your thoughts

Hello all! Have enjoyed reading these message boards for information and, of course, entertainment. Time to dive in & make my first post.

When considering clothing purchases I always go straight to the reviews, if available. If I'm on the fence about an item, the reviews can help me decide to go for it or keep moving, not gonna work for me. I find it very helpful when people are specific about their height, weight & body type. When someone states they got their usual size, medium for example, that is useful only if there is a way for me to compare my stats to theirs.

I will share with you that I am 5'7" and weigh 165 lbs.{#emotions_dlg.sad} and am pear-shaped. There's nothing "small" about meSmile, but I have many Denim & Co. & Susan Graver tops in size small. Because I carry my weight below my waist and am 36B up top that is what usually fits me the best. Don't like things to be tight or clingy, but don't like clothing to be baggy either. I also think, for me personally, it helps me make healthier food choices if my clothing is a little closer fitting. That topic we could discuss at length, for sure!

In Linea, Liz Claiborne, & Bob Mackie tops I will usually wear a medium. George Simonton, Isaac Mizrahi, Clinton Kelly and Marc Bouwer styles, love them all, but cannot count on the fit to be consistent. This is when the reviews, along with the size charts, help me make my decision.

Would love to hear what my fellow shoppers think!

Honored Contributor

Re: Clothing reviews, your thoughts

For me, the "click here" measurements are more important than reviews, unless a reviewer says that the fabric is cheap or doesn't wash well.

Honored Contributor

hey lola, wha/cha doing? not meaning to hijack the strand... please pardon! I use the reviews to sometimes get clues about the fit of the item. So the more the reviewer tells about THEIR body type, the better I might know how the item will fit on me. I value their opinion.

Also, if a lot of people state that the same problem has occurred, it puts me on alert to read on for more opinions -- dates of the reviews are important to me, too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

WELCOME MPD!

I, too, rely on the REVIEWS, but we need to set a standard on how to properly review the garment (or whatever) in order to help other ladies to make an educated choice:

1. Need your measurements (oh yes, we do!)

2. Is this your first purchase of the brand.

3. What SIZE did you purchase.

4. Weight helps in some instances, but need height for sure!

THANKS GALS!

Occasional Contributor

On 6/24/2014 VAbelle said:

WELCOME MPD!

I, too, rely on the REVIEWS, but we need to set a standard on how to properly review the garment (or whatever) in order to help other ladies to make an educated choice:

1. Need your measurements (oh yes, we do!)

2. Is this your first purchase of the brand.

3. What SIZE did you purchase.

4. Weight helps in some instances, but need height for sure!

THANKS GALS!

These are great points!

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/24/2014 lolakimono said:

For me, the "click here" measurements are more important than reviews, unless a reviewer says that the fabric is cheap or doesn't wash well.

Absolutely, for me, too ... and when I deviate from that chart, as I recently did when ordering the pebble crepe pants, I end up returning the item(s).

Honored Contributor

Hi, Loves! Animals Cat animated GIF

I also like to know if the color (online) is not really the color that it appears in real life. Sometimes I think they make up color names, the host gets confused while presenting, and then people misorder, but other times the color is just off.

Valued Contributor

I don't want to see anyone's height and weight. I rely solely on the ""click here"" measurements because they are the actual garment measurements. Just because someone is 5'5"" and 120 pounds doesn't mean they are proportioned exactly like me.

Valued Contributor

Hi & Welcome to the Forums!

I rarely buy clothes here, but for any other clothing purchase if there are reviews available I am looking at them. Of course, there are subjective aspects to every item of clothing (and everything else!) but there are basic things I look for: Did the item wash well? Does it run big or small? Did buttons fall off? Unusual wear and tear? Quality of fabric? Etc.

Honored Contributor

lola... did you make this gif? This would keep those kitties of yours in champion shape for the KITTY OLYMPICS!!!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~