Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 24)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day right now but scattered thunderstorms are expected later. I set my alarm to make sure I got up early so I could get to the fitness center earlier than usual to give me more time at the house when I return. I did over an hour at the fitness place and am now resting before I begin a series of 15 minute focus periods upon tasks around the house.

I don't vary what I eat that much with dinner being the focus of change. For breakfast, I had Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with some fruit added. I'll be having a low fat greek yogurt for 80 calories for a mid-morning snack today. Lunch will be a Progresso Light soup, and the mid-afternoon snack will be a protein drink providing 23g of protein for 180 calories. Dinner today will be Cajun chicen with sausage and rice, along with a steamer bag of 4 servings of veggies. The evening snack will be a Skinny Cow item. As you can see, I eat frequently which keeps the metabolism humming as well as keeping the blood sugar level.

I did like the Denim & Co. crops one time only last night but I resisted buying. I am in a buying mood right now and have a top in mind, but first I want to shop my own closest to see if it is needed. I could do without it but I don't have anything in the color yellow for a top. I might check out the HSN special as I got an email on it.

I have patio mats similar to the ones being shown this morning. I bought them from the Q several years ago and they are still in great shape. I use them on the deck.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 24)

I took a look at the pack of two tops that is the special on HSN. It is a tunic style with longer sides. I just don't like that look. I always want to cut off those sides to make the top more even.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, glad you made it to the fitness center this morning. I was doing my exercise DVD this morning and the electricity went out for a flash, of course it messed up the place where I was on the DVD, so I just quit there. We had terrible storms last night. My poor dog was absolutely terrified all night. Of course, we are supposed to get more storms this afternoon, but it looks so beautiful out right now I hope they are wrong.

Nothing much going on here today, I think I will look over my Queendom here and find some things to declutter. Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Good for you with the exercise and thoughtful eating as well as thoughtful shopping.

Funny that you should mention those patio mats. I am considering buying one to replace the one I have out front (also purchased here a few years ago.) It is in fairly good shape, but showing some wear. The big reason I'm considering a new one is that I'd like something slightly smaller than the one I have now.

I went to Beall's after physical therapy, and I tried on quite a few tops and even some nightgowns. I came close to buying, but decided that I didn't really love them. I think I'm starting to be very picky. Although I have to laugh at some of the buyers on HGTV -- talk about picky. Don't think I'll ever be that bad, but.....

Anyway, I ended up buying a Sistema microwave steamer, and I used it last night to cook broccoli. It worked well.

I had never heard the term cyber begging, but I remember my ex describing public television campaigns as money begging (and he worked there at the time.) I certainly hope your DD figures things out about college Kathleen. I had never heard about cloudfunding for college, but they had something on TV about a homeless teenager who managed to go to college for several years due to cloudfunding. Your DD may have considered the idea already, but my DGS had much better luck with community college than a smaller, four-year school. The price was much lower, and I think he enjoyed it there. But, I know community college isn't for everyone.

My poor Army DGS made it to Chicago (on his way to South Carolina), only to find his next flight had been canceled. Fortunately for him, there was a USO there, and they provided a place to sleep and food. Today he is supposed to fly out to North Carolina and then to South Carolina.

I went to the pool yesterday afternoon, and lots of my friends were there, which was nice. I found swimming a bit difficult, but it was good to be out. DH didn't come with me, I guess he isn't ready yet.

Meanwhile, the check for my car came, and I deposited it. That was a major step for me. And, I changed my next physical therapy session to tomorrow instead of Thursday -- it will be at 9:00 a.m. rather than 8:00 a.m. While I get up early, etc., I am happy not having to rush in the morning. DH and I are still taking our early walks and having our nice breakfasts.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Karen, LindaR, Marijane, Susan, Rosa, Val, Sonya, Gayle, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Sorry that you had severe storms and that the electricity went out in the midst of your exercise dvd routine. It seems that we are having similar weather patterns. Queendom is a good term. Have fun decluttering.

Linda--Picky? I don't think so; it call it being a discriminating shopper who won't settle for less. Sometimes being picky saves money and disappointment. I am so glad that DGS had the USO to help him when the flight was cancelled. I googled ""cloudfunding"" and the search turned up sites dealing with ""crowdfunding."" GoFundMe is one dealing with personal projects; many are business-oriented.

I have some piles started for donation. I already have one 30-gallon trash bag filled from a previous effort but which I have yet to take to Good Will. There are some items which will need to be laundered before they leave the house.

I have that hot pick from the Denim & Co. show in black and in light blue. I think they are in the donation bag as I wore them often the first year but not so much last year. The tank ran much smaller than what is usual for the size I ordered but the top was fine.

I feel it is time for a Kindle break after having lunch. I will then return to the 15 minutes of effort per half hour; 30 minutes an hour does add up.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, sunny,cloudy day here,not too warm but they are saying the humidity will be going up the next few says and also storms will be headed our way. I had also liked that maxi dress of GS last night Jean but had no wear to wear it to but maybe if it was less expensive I would have purchased it. I did buy 2 pairs of the OTO IM ankle pants though. I never thought of looking at Macy's maxi dresses Karen, and I usually get those "rewards" cards from them every few weeks it seems. Nice that you received your car payment so quick LimdaL and deposited it already. hope your PT goes along well. not much going on here I had an morning apt. for my hair cut,colors etc this morning..it always just seems I was just there and it's time again. I should be doing some 15 minute decluttering too but instead I am sitting outside with my iPad...maybe tomorrow when the storms come! Have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Cloudy here and looks stormy but I think the rain will pass us and boy we could use some.

We are getting ready for a small getaway. I found out last week I need to have another biopsy. Funny, this was exactly what I was doing last summer. It's easy to get burnt out being "a patient".....

No shopping lately with the exception of buying graduations gifts for a niece and nephew. A few birthdays to buy for so I have focused the shopping that way.

I hope everyone has a good day!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the OTO IM ankle pants. I also had considered them. Isn't it amazing how either hair or nail appointments make you realize how quickly time is passing. I often joke with my hairstylist that she uses Miracle Gro on my hair.

Gayle--Enjoy the getaway. Sorry that you are facing another biopsy but hope that the results are benign. I wish we could send some rain your way.

I made the mistake of going outside to see how the weeds were flourishing with all the rain. I wish it would stay away long enough for it to get dry so I could use the weed killer right. I started pulling weeds and spent about an hour doing that around the house. I then went to bed with my Kindle and later fell asleep for about an hour. That will keep me from going to sleep easily tonight.

No purchases today but the day is not over. Right now, I feel very fuzzy from the nap. I need to think about getting dinner ready and then get ready for trash day tomorrow. It has to be put out tonight for an early pick up. The way my mental state is now after the nap I could easily toss something good into the trash.

Respected Contributor

I don't know what happened to my post - this board is a MESS! {#emotions_dlg.mad} Maybe some innocuous word was deemed unacceptable...dirty-minded dingbats!

The sun in peeking in and out with thunderstorms forecast. I want to get in a quick swim, go out for a while (it started storming yesterday so I didn't get to use the pool, nor did the girls get an outing), then finish catching up on my homework. I got up-to-date on one class last night, and will do the other today. A week and a half to go - then in mid-August it starts all over again.

Publix had Hershey's Nuggets on BOGO, which I got the other day; I wondered why the bill was so high for just a couple of things, and when I checked the receipt saw that I had grabbed the wrong size. The price difference is twice as much per pound as the size on sale, so back it goes... When we approach that the park the girls like on the way to Publix they get all excited, so I guess we'll have to stop there for a bit.

The TSV on Shop HQ is gorgeous, but I don't need any more dressier tops - I have many that have yet to be worn. Funny, but rarely does anyone say anything about the pretty tops I wear, but the other day when I ran out to Publix wearing a T-shirt that I got in Walmart to wear around the house (it has a big kitty face on the front, and was just a few dollars) I got many compliments. Go figure! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

LindaL, have you decided what kind of car you're going to buy?

Sorry you have continued medical problems, Twinny - I'll pray for you.

Rosa, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jean, is Midnight using his new bed?

Someone asked me if I wanted a Shi-tzu that she found and can't keep. Adorable dog, but two is my doggie limit! They require a lot more care than kitties do.

Gotta run - have a blessed day, everyone!

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is good that you go to the fitness center most days. DH & I also eat many small meals a day to keep our blood sugar levels in line. I like the outdoor mats too.

Susan, I think we sent our nasty storms your way. Hopefully they are not as bad though. We have had two dry days this week, but they say we can get rain each day until next week sometime.

LL, It is nice that you could enjoy the pool today. I hope your PT goes well for you also. Sorry to hear about your DGS. It was lucky he had a place to go for the night.

Marijane, Yes it does seem like the hair appts. come around way too soon. We had lots of humid weather last week, but today & tomorrow will be better. Then they say humid & stormy the rest of the week. We certainly don't need any more rain for a while.

Gail, Have fun on your getaway. Prayers for your biopsy too. DH & I would like to getaway soon, but I don't see anywhere that is cool enough for me right now except maybe Alaska. Can't afford to go there every year! We had 3 graduations this year too.

FHG, last week DH & I went to our local grocery store and bought just a couple of items. I figured the bill would be around $4.00. When she gave us the total she said $40.00 I said "WHAT"? She said oh she was sorry but she rang up the wrong code on a fruit item bought. I am feeling great now, but I always enjoy your prayers. My health issues are chronic ones, so I will always have good days & bad days. Thankfully the good days outweigh the bad days. I always feel better when I get my batteries recharged, & that happened last Friday at our local clinic.

Tonight DH & I are having a small dinner party in our home. They are friends that we used to go to church with & we haven't seem them for quite a while. We all have lots to catch up on. Meal is an easy one. Ham, scalloped potatoes, fruity salad & rhubarb strawberry pie that I made last night. it is hot, so I wanted a few cool items.

Hugs to all of you.