Valued Contributor

Anyone ordering from the Clearance Event?

I ordered lots from HSN Clearance event. Manu items were ones I had, but in different colors. Big savings!

I have NOT ordered from QVC since December. I use to order monthly from the big Q. QVC needs a change in formats. Nothing real new. The only things I like now on QVC are the kitchen items.

Now my ordering is done with HSN and ShopHQ.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering from the Clearance Event?

Yes, some great buys! Still looking at options, and with 75 dollar buy, free s&h. Q "clearance" prices need to be lower; most are not tempting b/c prices are not low enough to be considered clearance, like at least 50 percent off.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Nothing yet, but I'll record them through the night and look in the morning and hope there's nothing I want, ha, ha or that it's sold out! I keep pretty good watch on my HSN price drop alerts on things I like so I usually get what I want before these shows, but you never know. HSN really does great clearance.
Super Contributor

I have quite a few things in my "wish list", waiting, hoping, they'll become LTS someday soon. I'm patient. I can wait. Smiley Surprised)

Esteemed Contributor

If QVC would have a real clearance event where they further reduce prices I would take a look. Simply spreading out payments on old inventory with full shipping and handling is not much of an inducement for me.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Hsn sure does really cut their prices for clearance. It's better to sell at a way reduced price than to have items sitting around warehouses. It's surprising that QVC doesn't give more of a discount on clearance items - unless they end up donating the stuff that doesn't sell and claim tax deductions that are more beneficial than selling at 50 -65% off.

Respected Contributor

I check my HSN wish list daily. Sales appear suddenly.

I've been wanting these $40 pillows. Now that they're half-price, I've placed my order.

Very happy!

Honored Contributor

Sadly, I don't think I'll be getting anything from HSN's clearance day this time. I haven't bothered to check the QVC clearance in ages. I've got a very different opinion of what clearance pricing should be than what QVC has.

I have lots of things on my HSN Favorites list but I wait until the prices hit rock bottom & are almost gone before buying most of the time. I need pants & jeans and shoes and really need to be trying those things on in person right now because my size has been changing.

My last QVC purchase was the Emjoi eRase in December. I don't even check their things out online as much as I used to because most everything I like is priced too high.

Darn, I do want that TS & the vest... I'll survive w/o it.

Honored Contributor

On 6/24/2014 insomniac said:

I check my HSN wish list daily. Sales appear suddenly.

I've been wanting these $40 pillows. Now that they're half-price, I've placed my order.

Very happy!

I love the way HSN does Favorites! I check each day to see if I have any alerts & that does help me decide to buy things. Very helpful.

Respected Contributor

Great prices, bought the TSV in the coral/brown combo.

Thing is, with HSN, their beginning prices are so high. Was just looking at DG2 new arrivals and the tops start at $49 and go up from there. Quite a few of her new tops look exactly like Quacker Factory items from last year.