Trusted Contributor

getting odor out of a bag???

i lent a friend a bag...& now i smell a hint of her perfume in itSmiley Sad i can't air it out w/ the hot summer air...any suggestions? would baking soda help?
Honored Contributor

Re: getting odor out of a bag???

How about charcoal in a paper bag inside of it and air it out outside?

Contributor

Try rolling up newspaper and putting it inside....I know it works in plastic containers. The ink is suppose to absorb odor.

Valued Contributor

Open your bag as far as possible and put a bowl of part kitty litter and part baking soda in the bowl. Close the bag up as long as you can stand not to use it.

Other than that, try spraying some washcloths with a spray for removing odors such as cat or dog p**. If the fabric isn't silk, you can spraydirectly inro the bag.

I wanted to keep a few of my mothers good bags after she passed away. She was a smoker, and I finally had to give up and donate them. I wish you better luck with perfume.

Honored Contributor

Whole cloves tied in netting/tulle pouches. The cloves are inexpensive in the international or Mexican aisles in supermarkets. Hanging in cellophane packages.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I have a Dooney that came with a strong fishy odor. I mixed up some Don Aslett's X-O deodorant and gave the bag a good spritzing every time I walked by it. By the end of the week, the odor was gone. Didn't hurt the Florentine leather at all.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Spray the whole thing (inside and out) with Frebreze Extra Strength, then hang it outside to re-freshen and dry.