Trusted Contributor

Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday Edition

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Just got back from breakfast with DH, of course I had the "complete" breakfast so I won't be eating until supper.

Not a lot going on here today, we are having a beautiful morning, but we are supposed to get rain this afternoon. Can't complain, the weather has been very nice to us for the last week, but, we are in need of a little rain.

I was very good yesterday and did not order the TSV for Philosophy, I am not a big body was user but I do like the smell of the Fresh Cream. I will wait and see if it turns up in our local TJ Maxx or Marshalls here. Right now I am getting a little tired of my usual routines and need a little and inexpensive shake up to it.

Off to read the Sunday paper and get a couple items from the grocery store. Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shopaholics ODAT - Sunday Edition

Susan--Thank you for starting the thread. We had rain last night and storms are predicted for today. A good breakfast out sounds great. I rarely have one except when traveling as I would have to travel to the city for a good breakfast.

I liked that cordless vac from Europe but the Dyson will do. I hate dealing with cords. I am leaving now for the city and will pick up a friend on the way. Have a great day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!! It started sprinkling as we left for breakfast at our new local fresh homemade corn tortilla spot, and the road is all wet in our area on the way home.

I am wearing my new top from Sam's and DD loved hers too - winners. I did put on a cami underneath because the top is a tad bit short - as most tops are on me. Hard to find the perfect length.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning Ladies! Thanks for getting us started Susan. Your breakfast sounds nice, but I don't think I could do without food from breakfast until dinner. That is except for when I am sick, etc. My appetite is coming back, thank goodness. We would love some rain here, but no rain expected. It should be a bit cooler today (perhaps even 99 degrees in my immediate area rather than in the 100's, but it should be warmer again starting tomorrow). Good for you in resisting the TSV yesterday. I had to laugh at myself because on the first night when I was home -- very banged up, I put on my night moisturizer. Like that would really help my face which is bruised, etc. I'm not wearing make-up at this time, but I am keeping up with the moisturizer and cleanser.

Have fun in the city Jean. I saw the area where you are traveling next week may be having some bad weather today. Hopefully, all will be well by the time of your trip.

Glad to hear about your top fitting so well Kathleen. I sent an e-mail to a couple of my friends asking them to look out for some sleeveless button down shirts for me at the thrift stores. It is difficult for me to lift my arms, and I usually wear tanks and other pull-over tops this time of the year. Go figure.

Waves to LindaR, Marijane, twinny, Arlene, Karen, Sonya, Gayle, Rosa, Val, Nancy (your nephew is so cute!), CouponQueen, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Our across the street neighbor came over with a lovely little vase of yellow roses and a card yesterday afternoon. That was a nice surprise. They talked to my first caregiver.

I am not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I canceled the home health care person coming today since I don't have any big needs, and DH seems to be a bit better. I'm not too worried about cleaning more, etc. And, I can handle basic food preparation -- not up to really "cooking", but.....

I am feeling very blessed by God and by all the Angels here on Earth. My DD has been absolutely wonderful as has DH's DD.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I saw that "Jean's" sandals will be the TSV tomorrow, and I'm thinking about them. I know, more shoes, but I'm sort of into pampering myself now.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, I love breakfast out too, but we only usually do that when are on vacation. I couldn't go all day without food as I take medications at all three meals. We have had very nice weather here all week. 70's by day & 50's at night. It is so nice to wake up to a cool house.

RC, I like finding a new fun place to eat too. Sounds like your new place is very good. I haven't been to a Sam's or Costco as we don't have one near us. My DD loves Costco & goes often.

LL, I am glad you are feeling somewhat better as is your DH. I hope you can find some sleeveless tops as it is hard to dress when you are sore like you are. That was so nice of your neighbor to bring yellow roses & a nice card. Something like that is always a pick me up. Yes your guardian Angels were in full force. It is nice that you could get rid of some of the extra home health care. I always say cleaning & cooking can wait. My health is more important. Sometimes I need to pamper myself too. My last "pamper me" was last July after I had my very painful EMG. It didn't happen that day as I was in "sob mode", but a couple of weeks later DH took me on a little shopping trip.

After a rainy night last evening, the sun is returning. We went to church this morning & had a quick lunch out. Tonight we are going to a fish fry put on by the couple that we play cards with on Tuesday nights. It will be about 20 min. from our home as we are all meeting at our pastor's home. The fellowship is always so much fun.

Monday is rest up day for me. It seems like the weekends are always so busy even though neither of us is still working.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--The fish fry sounds great and a fabulous way to enjoy the company of others. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

Kathleen--I'm glad the top works for you with the addition of the cami. It is great that DD's worked well for her also.

Linda--Right now, basic food prep is fine. I'm sure the house is in good shape, so cancelling the aid is a good idea if not needed.

I'm back from the city. We just wanted out and ate at the buffet the other person wanted to try. We then made a quick trip into Walmart to pick up an item, and then came home. Right now, the Kindle and I are going to have a meaningful relationship. I didn't sleep last night so I might doze off.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Well, I had to pull another all-nighter so I could finish an assignment; my fault - I've been procrastinating on it. I didn't get to bed until almost 6 a.m. and then had trouble falling asleep; when I finally did, Whisper decided he was going to sleep on top of me, so I'm aching today. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

The wallets arrived yesterday, and the designs are absolutely gorgeous! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I got three different styles, with two of one kind (each in a different design). I was afraid I'd be tempted to keep them all, but I didn't look closely enough at the description of one of the styles (the one which I got two of) - it has one large zippered compartment, ID and credit card slots on the back, and a strap to keep them in place - and I don't particularly care for it. There was a picture - don't know how I missed it - but those two will be the cousins' birthday gifts. 13 of the 14 reviews on it are 5 star and people seem to love it, so hopefully they'll like them as well.

Back

One of the cousins is taking care of her elderly mother who has Alzheimer's, and has begun to leave her at a senior citizens' day care center twice a week so she could get a break. Well, it turns out her mother doesn't like going there because, "That place is for OLD people!" (She's 90! {#emotions_dlg.laugh})

My BFF also sent me a care package; thankfully she's no longer sending me used bras from thrift shops! {#emotions_dlg.scared} One of the items is a steamer, so hopefully that'll make it easy for the odd item that needs the wrinkles taken out of it - what I do now is hang the item in the bathroom when I'm taking a hot shower, but some pieces are resistant to letting their wrinkles go, and dragging out the iron and putting a towel on the table is a pain. She also sent some chocolate, a couple of cute little bears, two loungers, and a few other things....including 3 pair of bikini panties, which are cute but....(Some female soldiers will enjoy them.)

I'm not a breakfast person (just coffee and pastry or a bagel), but I also enjoy a large breakfast when on vacation. I do sometimes have "breakfast for dinner," though.

Glad to hear you're coming along, Linda. That was nice of your neighbor to bring you some flowers.

I have to run out to PetCo; a friend from Nashville has someone who is supposed to be taking some of the kitties she's rescued to the adoption event there, and she hasn't heard from her; she wants me to see if they're there and are alright.

Guess I'd better get moving - have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Linda: Glad to hear you are progressing. Take it easy and just take good care---it will take time.

Went to services this morning. Our minister is on vacation so we had someone from a neighboring town. He was very different----but enjoyable. Light crowd--I guess lots of folks on summer trips. I have seen him previously at events--he is a bit heavy set--noticed he had his Fitbit!! A lady at church and I were discussing the heat. She said she was in Wimberly yesterday with a friend for market days!!!-----I know Kathleen was not in town---I know those events do bring in revenue for the towns-vendors.

Came home and decided to take a nap---I was moving really slow this morning and had to convince myself to get moving along.

I need to get together the items for trash day tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--I agree with you on the wallets that have the strap to cover the credit cards. I don't know how expensive they were but would it be cost effective to return them rather than use them for a gift? I also enjoy the traditional breakfast for a dinner option. When I have to eat at one of those down home restaurants, I'm usually not crazy about their dinner options. As a result, I will usually select breakfast.

LindaR--Guest ministers often bring a different perspective to services. This is a time people often go on trips, etc. Our minister is being transferred this month. He has been with us for five years. I really enjoy him. He has spent the past year battling cancer.

I need to get motivated to send the vet an email regarding Midnight's boarding instructions, etc. It saves me much time from filling out those forms once I get Midnight there.

Respected Contributor

i cut off zthe tip od my finger cuttting shrubs ans am bleedding all over. {#emotions_dlg.crying} cant get homewoek done; semt note to prof.

Jean, i had inteded 2 od the wallers as gifs anuway; i figued i'dd keep the 2 i like best and use other 2 for cousins birthays. Reviews are great so I hopw they like them; they somwthing like $47 each ans really are lovely.