Super Contributor

Shawn on Saturday Morning Q?? Anyone know? Her schedule on her FB page no longer lists her as part of the show and she's been absent from it for a few weeks now. Just hoping all is okay with Shawn as she's been sitting a lot lately and speaking about not feeling well etc… When I have watched Shawn's shows recently it seems as though she's' trying to still make things work by seeming bubbly etc but somehow it's making me read between the lines and she looks like she's forcing it these days. Truly hope she's well. I think Shawn is great with such a genuine heart!!

Usually at the top of the hour if Shawn is not going to be on Saturday Morning Q, David & Kerstin will mention where she is or why she's off, however this week they said nothing at all! So I guess Kerstin has now taken over Shawn's position on that show. Not sure how I feel about that replacement yet so far. Kerstin comes off as disconnected and not really into her presentations. I see her as just doing her shift and high tails it outta there. In another words not that devoted to her job. Always speaking about wishing she was back in Cali etc. Who talks like that when you TRULY enjoy where you are now!?

Just wish Q and their hosts would be straight up when things seem wonky. They treat us like we're stupid and are not going to notice things. People notice Shawn's absence. Don't just ignore the questions!! Viewers like honesty. Integrity is so important, especially for loyal fans who deserve that!

Super Contributor

Re: What has happened to…..??

I thought Kerstin was a Stepford spawn of Shawn? She talks, walks and looks like Shawn.
Super Contributor

On 6/7/2014 gazelle77 said: I thought Kerstin was a Stepford spawn of Shawn? She talks, walks and looks like Shawn.

I agree but Kerstin is NO Shawn by any stretch no matter how hard she continues to try!! Kerstin falls way short!

Super Contributor

Someone pass the popcorn!

Super Contributor

On 6/7/2014 MadameL said:

Someone pass the popcorn!

Pass the popcorn?? WHY? Is there something wrong with discussing this topic?

Super Contributor

Shawn is always on the TV. I believe she works a lot of hours at the Q. She has been laughing a lot, nothing wrong with that. I know she has an inner ear infection, she said that on television.

Occasional Contributor

I have noticed her absence as well and hope it is only temporary (and of course, that she's okay). I, too, haven't warmed up to Kerstin. She's definitely not as bubbly as Shawn, and I don't get the same warmth and sincerity from her. Come back Shawn!

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/7/2014 TrailBlazer05 said:
On 6/7/2014 gazelle77 said: I thought Kerstin was a Stepford spawn of Shawn? She talks, walks and looks like Shawn.

I agree but Kerstin is NO Shawn by any stretch no matter how hard she continues to try!! Kerstin falls way short!

Gotta agree......def doesn't seem as genuine.

Respected Contributor

I also missed Shawn today. Don't care for DV, but he's better on Saturday morning than when he's stuffing food!!

Yesterday I saw Shawn on and she looked flushed and uncomfortable. Hope she isn't coming down with something. She definitely wasn't her usual bubbly self, and I missed that part of her.

Shawn, please come back to Saturday Morning Q asap. You're definitely missed. Love to watch you and your enthusiastic presentations.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't usually say much about the hosts or vendors, other than that SG gets me a little crazy, and defending Gary being on with Denim & Co. But I have to say that the vibe I get from Kirstin is one of "I'm here, and I'm doing this, but I'd just as soon be somewhere else". Her whole attitude seems off to me, and I can't even put my finger on what it is that bothers me. All of the hosts have their little quirks, but don't we all? I just don't "get" Kirstin.{#emotions_dlg.confused1}