Respected Contributor

I will be traveling from Seattle to Alaska by car. Straight driving, no entertaining, etc. How it's about 1600 miles. How many tops and pants would you pack?

Super Contributor

How many days will you be away from home?

I've always wanted to go to Alaska, enjoy your trip!

Trusted Contributor

Depends on how many days you will be driving. Also, you can always wash in the hotel room and let the shirt dry overnight. Remember to take layers, it can be cool one day and hot the next. Enjoy your drive and have a safe trip.

Respected Contributor

5-7 days

Super Contributor

Traveling for 5 to 7 days you should take at least one outfit for each day although you might be able to wear some of the outerwear items more than one day.........but since you are going via car unless there are multiple people with you you should have plenty of room for a large suitcase.......then will you may need different clothes while you are in Alaska for site seeing or other events. Plan you trip based on what you will be doing and then you can make a plan on what clothing to take.........if you are staying with family or friends you should have access to laundry so you might not need to bring as many clothes either......but don't forget to have fun.......I have always wanted to visit Alaska so I am envious.......Good Luck!!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the responses. I am flying to join up with son to drive to AK. Wanted just carry on so think I have enough now. I live in Alaska so no trouble there.

Super Contributor
On 5/30/2014 traveler said:

Thank you for the responses. I am flying to join up with son to drive to AK. Wanted just carry on so think I have enough now. I live in Alaska so no trouble there.

I'm curious - what did you decide on?

Respected Contributor

taking 3 t-shirts, 3 jeans, underwear. Wearing only sweater I'm planning on. There are many miles on the Alaska highway, Glenn hwy, etc where there isn't anything. Well, maybe bison and bears. Especially in Yukon. Driven this road 5 times but each trip is different.