Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 29)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is now official; I no longer have to set an alarm until school begins again in August for students. The fact that I no longer had to set an alarm did not mean my internal alarm did not go off at the usual time.

I had tried to sign into the forums yesterday evening after I returned from work, but for some reason, I could not get into any thread when I clicked on the links.

Right now, I'm having coffee and watching Susan Graver but don't see a purchase in the future. I did see that my Bliss recliner has shipped and that the Orthoheels TSV pre-order was still in process when I was last able to check. Right now, I can't get into "Order Status" as it is temporarily unavailable.

Now that I'm not working, I have plenty to time to focus upon things around the house. Since I have Attention Deficit Household Disorder, this is something I have to tackle in stages. I can't remain focused for hours at a time on a room, but I can focus upon areas of the room or things in the room. Right now, it is dreary from the storms and rain which isn't very motivating to work.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, MAY 29)

I see the order status is now up and running again, and I see that my Orthoheels TSV has shipped.

I've spent an hour going through a box of items, and am now taking a break.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning Jean, I had trouble yesterday signing in too. It's a sunny day here but woke up to it being only 45 degrees. I had an email from my son who lives in Maine and it was 36 there this morning...a bit chilly I'd say!

LindaR I was thinking maybe there are a lot of retailers that bank at your bank and take out cash and coins for their daily use in their stores so that's why the wagons to transport to their cars? I bet you are so thankful that the tree missed your house the other day.....we have had many trees taken down or have fallen over the years and they are expensive to get rid of!

Not much doing of anything today,just waiting for a call from the car service people, dropped it off yesterday as there was a light on my dashboard...brought it in and they say there is about 160 computer checks they have to do to see what's the matter...it has been running fine so can't imagine what it is.

Our pool is up and running.. water crystal clear but with these temps don't think I'll be venturing in soon.....we do have a heater but I won't bother turning it on...the air is chilly too. Hope the summer will be better..

I hope LindaL and DH are enjoying their family visits.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ladies! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Yesterday's travel was memorable, and not in a very good way. But, at least I made it safe and sound to Maryland and DH made it fine to CA. The highlights/lowlights of my trip were dropping my ID when I was taking DH through security; more than fours delay in Chicago, and driving to DD's house in the dark and rain (sometimes heavy) totally relying on my GPS in a type of car I had never driven. By the time I reached DD's house it was 10:40 p.m. or so, which was past their bedtime. I tried to wake up at 7:00, but I was just to tired, so got up at 8:00. DD had prepared a very nice, big breakfast. After breakfast, we went to COSTCO and bought tons of chicken and ground turkey, etc. The hs graduate to be was able to get me a ticket for his graduation, which is great. Tonight is an awards ceremony for him. The youngest guy is still in school for a while, but DGD has finished her school work for the year. So, three out of four are school-free for a while. I'm sure you will miss teaching this summer Jean, but I'm sure that you will have fun on your trip. Hope there are no big issues with your car Marijane. Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, LindaR, Susan, Karen, Rosa, Val, Nancy, Gayle, Kathy, Sonya, and all of our posters and readers. Hope everyone is having a nice day! Hugs, Linda
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today. I know what you mean about the internal alarm clock. I don't work now, but I still am up around 6:00 (that is when I would leave for work, I would have to be up at 4 or 4:30 each morning), I don't like to sleep in, I feel like I wasted part of the day.

I think only working on a house project for a certain amount of time is good, I find if I try to go too long on something (decluttering especially) I start to make bad choices.

LindaL - Glad you got in safely and do enjoy all the activities that await you.

Marijane - Sorry about the cool temps. We have our pool open, but DH is trying to get the heater working, it is being stubborn this year.

Well not much on the schedule for today, I have a mammogram this afternoon, then I need to get my sun patients planted. They came yesterday and I was surprised how good they look. I know they sat at UPS over the holiday so I was worried.

Well off to get some caffeine and get moving. Have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I do hope there is nothing major wrong with the car; hopefully, it is just a dirty connection of something that caused the light to go on. I've been tempted at times to get one of those CarMD gadgets which you plug in and run a diagnostic code. Glad the pool is ready for your use once the temps are good.

Linda--I'm glad that you made it safely to Maryland. I do agree with you that I hate to arrive somewhere in the dark, especially if not familiar with it and in a strange car that takes time to get used to how it handles.

Susan--I do hope the mammogram goes well. I'm glad that you agree with me in micro-managing household work. At least, I feel something is accomplished when it is broken down into small tasks. My sun patiens are doing very well, much to my surprise. They are really growing and starting to branch with some blooms.

I downloaded the new maps, etc. to my Garmin last night. I see the new updates eliminated the nice masculine voice I had been using. Oh well, just as long as everything is nearly enunciated. We have many Indian names in our state so sometimes, it is interesting to hear how people think they should be pronounced...even on national broadcasts.

Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies:

It is a sunny day here today---it looks like our weather has passed through and headed to you Eastern ladies.

Our school doesn't let out for another week---I think they started later this year. Not sure when they return.

LindaL: Glad you had a safe but eventful trip---wow three times off the plane---but I don't blame you for getting off to stretch the legs. Hard to drive in weather at night and unfamiliar makes it so much harder. How nice you were able to get a ticket to the graduation. I know it will be special for your family.

I did see on the news that the weather was cool in the East. With the rain we have had the lake is up three feet---but still very low--it was down to 35 percent one report. Many of the public boat docks have closed. They are predicting a wet fall--we will see if the reports hold out.

Oh the trouble codes---vehcles now are so complicated.

Trusted Contributor

Linda L that's great you have a ticket for your GS's graduation, have a great time tonight at the awards ceremony too. Sounds like you had quite a trip yesterday with the rain and driving in the dark too. Susan hope your DH gets the heater working, good luck this afternoon. I still haven 't bought my impatiens yet Jean, maybe this weekend, The car dealership called..it's a. "Purge valve"....I didn't speak to the guy my DH did.....something to do with the vapors going back into the line when car is turned off....doesn't sound like an earth shattering thing to me but it will be replaced with not too much expense. Hopefully I will be able to get it this afternoon.
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Good news on the car. I got my sun patiens from Cottage Farms; they arrived in great shape.

LindaR--I know with your drought history that you can use the rain. We have had more than the usual amount this year...and it continues. Yes, the temps are lower than normal.

This is my idea of camping; I'm not one for roughing it unless absolutely necessary. A vacation of any type involves pampering and not suffering.

Saving Cents with Sense's photo.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you on camping Jean....I don 't think I have ever put my foot inside a tent!