Regular Contributor

Oh my gosh went to be fitted for a bra!! LOL

I was buying a 38 C. They measured me twice for a 34 dd. Wow what a differance. It fits so much better. I look like Ive lost 10 pounds. Highly recomend it Robin

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oh my gosh went to be fitted for a bra!! LOL

I always get fitted everytime I get new bras, when I try to do it on my own the bras never fit right and don't look like they should on. I should say I like them in the store, but once I wear them for a whole day, I hate them.

It is nice when you look like you have lost weight when you get the correct fit. Glad you were pleased.

Esteemed Contributor

I know what you mean! I had been wearing a 36 B for ages, went to be fitted at Nordstroms and found out I was a 34 DD!!! Wow, what a surprise that was!!

Honored Contributor

I get fitted every time I buy a bra. It makes a huge difference...

Respected Contributor

Last summer I got fitted for the first time since I was a teenager. You're all correct; what a huge difference. I keep admiring myself in the mirror when I wear nice tops and t-shirts, as my bustline looks so much better! Wink

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

It truly does make a big difference. I am top heavy and very short. Consequently, I have to purchase bras that have more of a plunging center. Otherwise, the center part is too high and gaps when I sit. You can actually see the gap through my clothes when I sit. Buying bras can be worse than buying jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

Do you have to take ""everything"" off to be measured? Don't think I could do that.....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

On 5/28/2014 tends2dogs said:

Do you have to take ""everything"" off to be measured? Don't think I could do that.....

No. They can measure you fully clothed...

Respected Contributor

A woman on ""What Not To Wear"" measured 34I. I did not know bra cups had so many sizes. It seems many women wear too large a size around the ribcage and a too small cup size.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were happy with your measurement. A couple of years ago I needed several new bras so went to our local large mall and was actually measured at Nordstrom's, Macy's and Lord & Taylor by three different fitters on the same day. I was measured as between a 40C and a 42 D depending on which fitter was measuring me. I don't think they even know what they are doing.