Esteemed Contributor

Buying jeans; what a nightmare! What is your "go to" style, brand, place to buy?

I don't know why buying jeans is so difficult.....many stores have the sizes all out of place, missing, sizes, and multiple, vague sizing options. Trying on pair after pair is not my idea of fun. This weekend, I gave up and went home and ordered a pair from Talbots that cost over $100. I know there are bound to be good places to buy them that are less expensive....all I need is a size 12 petite, straight-leg, and sits just below the waist----and, of course, makes me look really thin. LOL. Where do you buy jeans? Is there one style or brand that you consistently buy? What's your favorite? Thanks, in advance, for any responses.
Contributor

Re: Buying jeans; what a nightmare! What is your "go to" style, brand, place to buy?

Hi there Goldengate, my go to jeans are Levis. They are the perfect jean for my body type. I am pear shaped and wear a size 12 as you do. I have the straight leg fit and boot leg cut. I also buy the ones that are just below the waist, I think they are the 527 fit. Pricing isn't that bad, around $40 per pair. I don't know if they come in petite because I buy the regular length. Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

Re: Buying jeans; what a nightmare! What is your "go to" style, brand, place to buy?

I buy Lee jeans, usually the relaxed fit or boot cut style. Now that I know my size I can order them online without a problem. Before that I used to get them at Kohl's when I could find my size available.

Lee always has good sales too. That's when I stock up.

Honored Contributor

I've been losing weight so I haven't wanted to put a lot of money into my clothes until I get where I want to be. I love the Lee Rider straight leg jeans I got at K Mart. And I also love the Faded Glory jeans from Walmart. They don't cost a lot and they look great. I also bought a pair at Talbots yesterday. I thought they looked terrific on me and I was able to size DOWN a size.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations, gidgetgoeshawaiian, on the weight loss! I, too, have lost weight; 75 lbs so far and I'm still losing. That's why I hate paying so much for jeans right now---but it is fun to go down a size, isn't it! Thanks for the info! I will check out the faded glories at walmart.
Honored Contributor

You might like the long and lean 1969 ones by Gap, in petites. They are in different finishes.

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Goldengate8361 said: Congratulations, gidgetgoeshawaiian, on the weight loss! I, too, have lost weight; 75 lbs so far and I'm still losing. That's why I hate paying so much for jeans right now---but it is fun to go down a size, isn't it! Thanks for the info! I will check out the faded glories at walmart.
The Faded Glory jeans have worked great for me. I just went and looked at my new Talbots jeans. Go to their site and type 264009 in the search box and it will bring the misses version up and you'll be able to click to get to the petite version. These are the ones I bought yesterday and sized down a size. I love them.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

My go-to is Not Your Daughters Jeans. I have a number of styles from boot cut to skinny to leggings to shorts (knee length). You can find them at Nordstrom, HSN, on-line at NYDJ.com. I even found them on sale on Amazon. They have some support across the mid-section and seem to lift the rear a bit. In sizing, you wear a size smaller in NYDJ. I find there to be a bit more variation - I wear a 4 or 6 in brands such as Lauren and IM, XS in Linea but wear a 0 or 2 in NYDJ. They do name their styles so that, once you find one that fits well, you can pretty much count on the sme fit on future purchases of the same style.
Regular Contributor

I've been purchasing my jeans online from Lee.com. Lee jeans fit me the best and are the most comfortable and I usually get the slimmer fit, bootcut, either slender secret or perfect fit. And I usually look for a sale. One can always read the reviews to see how they work out. Amazon also has a Lee store on their site where I've also gotten them.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/25/2014 lolakimono said:

You might like the long and lean 1969 ones by Gap, in petites. They are in different finishes.

I completely forgot about the Gap! These look great....I will check them out. Thanks!