Esteemed Contributor

Any idea where Coldwater Creek merchandise will be sold??

It looks like the stores will be closing at the end of the month. Do you think they will move the merchandise to Marshalls, Steinmart etc?? The sales online aren't good and the shipping's high. Just wondered, Tia!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any idea where Coldwater Creek merchandise will be sold??

I just called CS and she told me she has no idea when they're closing the stores and what will be done with the leftover stock. She wasn't happy, she said they don't tell them anything. The shipping online is $9.95 so I'm done. Sad~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

Someone post they probably will move the merchandise to TJ Maxx. I can't see where anyone would buy on-line when you can't return anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Marshalls, Ross & TJ's would be my guess. Ebay?

Respected Contributor

Ebay for sure.

Super Contributor

The bankruptcy court approved an agreement with liquidators Gordon Brothers Group & Hilco on May 6. Creditors have until June 13 to file claims. I thought I'd read in my research that Gordon Brothers and Hilco would be having sales through August. So are all stores closing at the end of the month. Couldn't find that information.

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea that they are going out of business. I received a catalog in the spring. I have family in the fashion industry and when this type of thing happens, they try to sell as much as possible first then they hire a company that sells the rest and that could mean to a TJ Maxx type of company and other sources. The employees in customer service would not be told that kind of information.

Respected Contributor

Call their corporate office and inquire???

Trusted Contributor

On 5/24/2014 emmiesmom said:

I just called CS and she told me she has no idea when they're closing the stores and what will be done with the leftover stock. She wasn't happy, she said they don't tell them anything. The shipping online is $9.95 so I'm done. Sad~

I'm sure the employees are very sad and some may be angry. The thing is, I will never understand people who work for public companies and don't watch their stock prices. That will tell them how their employer is doing and they can see the writing. The article I just read said they haven't turned a profit in 7 years!!!!! I'm surprised they waited so long to close. Very sad!!

Honored Contributor

On 5/24/2014 milly said:

Someone post they probably will move the merchandise to TJ Maxx. I can't see where anyone would buy on-line when you can't return anything.

That was me. I heard it from one of the store managers. I also did some research and found out some of the reasons they went out of business. They used to be my favorite place to buy clothes and gifts. I even bought a few shoes there years ago. I remember going in to my DS' 2nd grade classroom and his teacher had on the same pair! She was in her early 30's and was a big CC fan too!