Trusted Contributor

Do you wear shorts out in public?

Am curious as I've heard many of the hosts state that they no longer wear shorts. Am just wondering how many of you ladies still do or don't wear shorts out in public? If so, what length do you prefer? I've lost weight in the last year, 62 years old. I still prefer a Bermuda or walking short length. Am looking for the perfect pair of denim Bermudas right now.

Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear shorts out in public?

Not me. I'm six years older than you and I still have good legs--from the knees down. In the summer I wear lots of knee-length skirts.

Hope you find that perfect pair of shorts and congrats on the weight loss.

Regular Contributor

It is so silly.....here are my rules:

Shorts....3" from the crotch

Crops....23" inseam

Full length pants...29.5" to 32"....inseam, which accounts for different shoes

nothing in my closet that is not the correct length.

Regular Contributor

Absolutely. Why not wear shorts?
Honored Contributor

My favorite shorts are a City short/Bermuda Short
Esteemed Contributor

I wear skimmers -- the shorts are neither baggy, nor tight, but are close to the leg and skim the bottom of my knee. Since I'm petite, it looks better on me than capris -- my opinion.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

NO! Capri only!

Esteemed Contributor

I try not to, but if it's really hot, I don't care! but I get in and get out ASAP

Valued Contributor

I am 58 and I will wear a walking short but not a short short. I have skinny legs. Look like chicken legs and white but when it gets hot I wear them outside working or to walk the dog. I've seen worse than my legs and I have seen better but I wear what I want.

I like capri's and skirts too.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I prefer walk short length - a bit above the knee. I wear them to outdoor festivals, picnics, as well as out to shop or eat in a casual restaurant. I wore a pair out this afternoon to walk the dog in 85 degree heat. I don't like or own any crops or capris so shorts are my go to casual bottom along with casual knee length skirts.