Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME: THURSDAY (MAY 8)

Good morning, shopping friends. I feel fine today after yesterday's fall, so I've been busy. First, I tried on the Orthaheel sandals I purchased and got a perfect fit. They work well for me. I bought A230733. I like having the adjustable triple straps because I have a right foot issue which makes having the adjustable straps a major selling point.

I started the day by making car and podiatrist appointments, and by calling and having my bone scan results sent to the podiatrist. I then planted the Cottage Farms impatiens I received yesterday. The plants arrived in excellent condition, so time will tell what my brown thumb will do to them.

Right now, I'm having coffee and low fat greek yogurt before leaving for work at 11:30. I have no desire for the TSV. I will say that the HSN TSV sells for about twice the price on Amazon where the reviews are great.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME: THURSDAY (MAY 8)

I'm watching Susan Graver right now and thinking of the tops I have of hers which I have had for several years and are in great shape as I take good care of them. Some of these tops date back to when they were in the upper 20's or low 30s. Right now, it has to be an exceptional item to get me to buy. If I saw an item in Kohls or JCP at the price of $55 (equivalent with shipping and handling added), I would pass and wait for a sale at Kohls.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, glad you did not get hurt with the fall yesterday. It is terrible how quickly that can happen. Glad the shoes worked out for you, I need to find some shoes for this summer. I don't wear open toe shoes, so I need to start to look for closed toe, supportive shoes for the summer.

Have to say ladies, we are having one beautiful day here, sunny and warm. Love it!!! Of course starting tomorrow, we will have rain and cooler temps. Sometimes you just can't win. Of course I would love to send the rain to you ladies who need it.

No shopping today for clothes or shoes, but I do have ironing to do. So off I go to get some caffeine and have some fun. I know you are all so jealous of me right now. Have a good day everyone.

Contributor

I like this OP. Since my forced retirement (MIL moved in), I'm trying to purchase much, much, less. There's nothing like clearing out a hoarder's home (MIL) to motivate one not to buy so much. My own habits were bad enough when I was working; now I'm spending all of my time selling things at the Antique Mall, and then later on eBay. It's a ton of work. I go from 9 am to 5:30 pm non-stop getting rid of things.

I have no interest in the TSV. Too short, and short sleeve; plus, my own closet is so full, it cannot accept another clothing item anyway. I do tend to stain my clothes a lot (active lifestyle), but I'm trying to cook with an apron on now and even use aprons when I'm doing other types of work to not stain so much. I find that Shout Stain remover is not working for me as well as it used to.

What I would like to purchase, QVC is not selling right now. I just recently got into wearing the Kirk's Folly robe/cardigans. They are lightweight and cover my arms over a tank and are comfortable in the hot summer when I have to go out. I am thinking of sewing my own, which would require a trip to the fabric store, but I have not yet had time to go there.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies, thanks for starting us Jean,happy to hear you are ok after your fall yesterday,have a nice afternoon at school. It's raining here and chilly will be for the next few days. I planted some marigolds yesterday and the battle of every year has started.....something comes around at night and digs them up, I don't think they like the smell....I plant them back next day,that night same thing happens...it goes on for awhile but I finally win and they are left alone. I won't plant my impatiens for a few more weeks especially with the weather we have been having, we had frost warnings for this week here and they are usually the first to get zapped in the fall... I hope your DD MRI comes ok LindaL and just needs a different medication for her migraines. I have never had one..my Mom used to get them and a couple of my sisters still do. Not much going on,thinking of what to have for supper as usual! Have a nice day everyone....Marijane
Respected Contributor

Good Morning ladies:

Shopping Mama----nice to have you join us--please drop in often. We always enjoy new ladies (ideas). Yes, it sounds like your MIL had issues---so sorry you are dealing with this.

It is raining lightly this morning--chance of severe weather later today. Have a meeting and then bible study so I will need to be on the road this evening. Hoping there is no bad stuff.

We despertely need the moisture.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome Shopping Mama...you sound like you have a big job ahead of you.Come back again and let us know how you are doing. I hope you don 't get the severe weather in your area LindaR..stay safe coming back home tonight.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. So glad you are feeling fine today. Falling is no fun at all. Happy the shoes fit, and you got some things out of the way this morning.

No TSV for me either. Like many of us, I have too many clothes. Also, I don't think I would use this much, except as a swimsuit cover-up and possibly around the house. I don't like clothes that show my knees. And, the price is too high for a swimsuit cover-up in my opinion. Like you, I used to buy SG items when they were less expensive, and I still have many. Probably a good thing that I'm not more tempted. Good luck with the plants. I had to look at the HSN TSV, but that won't be ordered either. The funny thing is that DD told me she needs a new iron, and we found one on-line at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It is available at her local store, so she will be picking it up today.

By the way, thanks for everyones prayers/good wishes for DD. She said the MRI went okay. Fingers crossed that she just needs stronger medicine.

Glad you are having a nice day Susan -- "enjoy" your ironing. I think you don't mind it, and I don't either, especially if I can find something to watch on TV while I'm ironing. Good luck in finding summer shoes. Happy I don't need only closed toe shoes in this hot area. Today the weather is nice -- only supposed to reach 80 degrees or so, but we are quickly moving into the hot zone. As I mentioned before, last year it reached 100 degrees every day in June. No rain, and very few clouds. I was baking, and I like hot weather.

Welcome Shopping Mama. I always wore aprons when cooking, but I find myself wearing them more and more these days. I even want to protect my T-shirts and capris when I'm doing things like cleaning. Why not? Sorry you have to deal with your MIL's clutter, etc. That must be very difficult. But, it sounds like you are making some progress at least.

Hi Marijane -- good luck with your marigolds. I'm sure you will win the battle. We're having chicken for dinner, but I don't know how I'll prepare it. Asparagus is also on the menu. Glad you haven't had migraines -- they are no fun.

We desperately need the moisture here LindaR, but I don't think there is any chance of rain here for a while. Hope you don't run into any problems and enjoy your meeting tonight.

I managed to spill almost an entire glass of iced tea on my tablecloth yesterday, so I did a load of laundry today. I was afraid the stain would set if I just left it go until my usual Saturday laundry.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and we will be going to the gym later. Nothing else going on here.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Sonya, twinny, Gayle, Nancy, Karen, Rosa, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Oh! How appropriate! A ""SHOPAHOLIC"" thread. Just what I need to confess my sins.

I just got TWO Sisley masks in the mail; some Carol's Daughter conditioners and a gluten free bread maker.

What did you get today?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Welcome rina33. No shopping for me today---a gluten free bread maker--how intersting!