Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS (ONE DAY AT A TIME): MAY 6

Good morning, shopping friends. I awakened at 6am to a sunny day and got a great start by doing a half hour of work prior to a breakfast of Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with blueberries. Afterwards, I spent an hour going through some clothes. I saw a graphic on Facebook which said something to the effect that being a shopaholic contributes to the national economy. By looking at my clothes and shoes, I think I have done my share of helping the economy.

I see that my Orthaheel sandals and my two pair of crops have shipped. That ends it for clothing and shoe buying until the Fall. Remind me that I said that should I be tempted by a sale. I'm actually pretty good about sale temptations. I've often not used the 30% off Kohls coupons when I had them simply because I had no need for anything at that time..

Also shipped are my Cottage Farms impatiens. I have never planted these so time will tell. I have no patience for plant care and often forget, so my best plants are silk flowers which look real from the road. I have two of those adjustable railing planters shown on the Q this morning and use them on the deck, planted with nice silk flowers.

It is time for me to use my newly discovered energy to tackle something else in the house. I refuse to be a candidate for Hoarders. Good grief!!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS (ONE DAY AT A TIME): MAY 6

Good morning Ladies, cloudy day here but in the 60 's so all's good. hope your impatiens plants do well Jean....I find mine are easier to take care of in pots...they dry out fast and pots are easy to water, also mine do not like beating down sun....and the deer like them too, but they are something I plant every year because they are so colorful. LindaL I did receive my s/v capris....I was undecided when I ordered to go down a size which I have been doing when I order those D&C items...so I didn't order down well they are too big So will have to send back....still deciding if I will go for the smaller size or a refund. I had ordered a IM s/v crop pants a few weeks ago...his 27/7 stretch line....I have a few pairs in the ankle length and regular length of his. I think I like them better than the D&c pants, they seem a little dressier.. They cost a little more. not much going on here today....... prayers for Rosa and LindaR's cousin continue. Have a nice day everyone....Marijane
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I plan to plant most of the 12 in pots and a couple of grow boxes. Sorry about the TSV capris. I read the garment measurements on those and debated but decided not to go for them. I haven't tried the IM crops and passed on that tsv because of uncertaintly over the size. I don't remember the reviews on these but on many items, when I read reviews in which some say to size up and others say to size down, I usually just don't order. Whatever you decide to do about the capris will be a good one as I know you will consider it carefully.

I like the capris being shown on the D&C show right now but I prefer crops.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Jean I have always ordered my regular numerical size on IM 24/7 pants. Even though Shawn keeps saying they are ""shape-wear "" I find they are not.....not skin tight etc.not as ""tight"" as the WIC ones. I will have to check out the D@C show on now...I usually forget about it. I think the plants will do fine in your pots and boxes...
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Glad you are full of energy today and you have sunshine. Good luck with your plants and other orders. I noticed that my capris should be delivered today. Hope they aren't too big, but I am prepared to send them back if they aren't just right for me. I do like the older version of D&Co. capris which fit me just fine. And, I don't really need any new ones. Oh well, you live and learn as they say (at least I hope I am learning.)

Thanks for the update on your capri order Marijane. I have never tried any IM items, but some are cute to be sure. My prayers for Rosa and LindaR's cousin are added to yours. I received an e-mail from DD this morning, and she isn't feeling well, and the brakes in their truck went out this morning. I plan to call her soon.

Today I have my volunteer job, and I plan to go to the gym later.

Yesterday, I made it to Curves and DH and I went swimming later. It was very nice at the pool -- a bit windy, but the water was nice. We saw one of our pool friends, Diane, who is going through cancer treatment. I know she could use some prayers -- great attitude, but I think she is struggling a bit.

On our walk this morning a little bird flew right into my T-shirt. I didn't know what it was at first, and I was very surprised. Fortunately, the bird flew off, apparently unharmed.

Guess I better get ready for "work" now.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Sonya, Susan, LindaR, twinny, our new poster from Iowa (sorry I forgot your name), Gayle, Nancy, Karen, Val, Kathy, Rosa, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The plants are now in Georgia, so they are making their way north. Some people can wear tight pants and look good depending upon the figure type. Some wear them so tight that, in pictures, you can see them wrinkling and clinging at the knees...and even worse, there is no doubt that they are a woman as their feminine parts are hugged too tightly. .There is a difference between a snug fit and obscene. I also hate it when a woman bends over and the pants are so low that the bikini underwear is on display. I am conservative and a believer in leaving something to the imagination. When it comes to WIC, I had to order up a size. I haven't ordered since that order.

Linda--I hope you are happy with your TSV capris. Please let us know about the fit. You are so dedicated when it comes to going to Curves and the gym. We have to make our own gym here or drive 60 miles one way. That distance isn't exactly motivating. My prayers also for your friend, LindaR's cousin, and Rosa. I do hope DD feels better. They were so lucky that there was no accident when the brakes went out.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon:

I love impatiens also--love the bright colors---definitely a shade plant in my area.

LindaL: Oh my your DD has had her share of vehicle issues. Always something.. Hope you gets some relief from her headache issues.

I have contributed my share to the economy!

Chance of some severe weather in our area---last time they said that it didn't materialize. I need to take precautions in case this time it happens.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never tried impatiens. This is the variety I ordered: M43509. I saw the Weather Channel outlook for your area. Taking precautions is always wise.

I think it is time for a Kindle break. Then perhaps I'll get back to doing some work. I'm looking forward to ""The Voice"" again tonight.

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies! I've done my share of economy stimulation! I am constantly looking for things I can live without. I'm about to do another major clothes sweep. Looking over some clothes I can see several things that just don't work for me.

DH got me a couple nice bookcases and I haven't even had time to put them in their homes. They are both out in the hall and one in the living room just in the way.

I'm not sure what is going on tonight. I feel like I have barely had time at home. I stayed up later than I should have last night, and am hoping to make it to boot camp in the morning.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's another gorgeous day out....hopefully I'll finally get around to cutting the grass! It's so nice, though, that I want to take the girls to the park for a little bit - Autumn is a joy to watch as she frolics in the water.

Well, the appliance repairman came and told me that since the refrigerator is inexplicably working again there's nothing he can do, so since there was "nothing wrong" (no...not until that POS dies again) he wanted me to pay $153 for the service call, since the warranty company wouldn't cover it. I don't think so! I told him as much, and he said he'd basically cancel the call. So....on to the big guns! {#emotions_dlg.angry}

OK, the dogs are going nuts right now, there's a car in my driveway honking the horn, and I don't go out or answer the door if I'm not expecting someone...and who the heck is so rude as to HONK?

Anyway, after he left I called my mechanic. They sent someone over to put air in the tire so I could drive to the shop where they repaired it - turned out I had driven over a skroo which was embedded in the tire. No charge - they love my cupcakes, so I'll have to bring them some. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I just got off the phone with the internet company; I think I mentioned there was an extra $190 on the bill, and they're trying to figure out what it's for.... They'd better hurry it up, or they're going to lose a customer!

A friend of mine has asked for prayer for a friend of her daughter - the woman and her husband were driving somewhere when they saw an accident. The husband stopped to see if he could help, and as he got out of his car was stuck and killed immediately by another car, as his wife watched. They have two children, 2 and 3, and the wife and his parents are devastated, which is understandable.

I seem to have flowers all over the yard - part of the landscaping the previous owners of the house did. The roses are incredible, even though I don't do anything with them. The only thing I "plant" myself are pond plants, as shelter for the fish, and the ones I got a couple of weeks ago have already had "babies." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I have no intention of getting any more clothing this season - I have more than I can use. Frankly, I haven't seen anything that really "grabbed" me and that I couldn't live without. I'm trying to pare down, not just on clothing, but on other things I don't use - there's just too much.

Guess I'll have lunch and then get moving.

Have a blessed day, everyone!