Honored Contributor

maxi dress lovers.....dennis basso a254288

hi maxi dress lovers....just received this maxi dress by dennis basso in the navy and it is a winner! the material is wonderful, not too heavy, not too thin with excellent drape. the embellishments are beautiful.....no other necklace necessary. all you need is a great pair of earrings.

i am 5'7" and this is a TRUE maxi dress on me. he also has it available in petites. i can wear it with a flat sandal or a heel and it hits at the perfect spot. ordered a size medium, i am a pear shaped 12 and it has such a great flow over my body. so tempted to get this in another color. cant wait to get his maxi skirt that i ordered!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: maxi dress lovers.....dennis basso a254288

Gorgeous dress! Add some gold bangle bracelets. Gold gladiator sandals would look great too. Navy is such a classic color-very flattering. Great purchase.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Don't care for the embellishment at all

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

not my style at all but if you are happy that is all that counts
Honored Contributor

I'm not that big on maxi dresses and rarely wear the 2 I own. But, I like that! I love the embellishments!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 winamac1 said:

I'm not that big on maxi dresses and rarely wear the 2 I own. But, I like that! I love the embellishments!

the embellishments on it are "just right" and they look so much better in person!

i am a big maxi dress lover and have been now for about 3 years or so. Smilethey are almost like candy for me. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

sunshine45, thanks for this post, for I seem to be in a maxi dress...dilemma these days!

I normally find that the fabric of Rayon can tend to be "clingy" and more apt to show lumps and bumps, something that I don't need{#emotions_dlg.blush}

And having a hard time with many designers here on the Q making the armholes wayy to large showing one's bra!!

Any info would be appreciated! I already have the Mocha Color in my cart and had to order one size up due to bust size.

smiles

moondust

Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 moondust said:

sunshine45, thanks for this post, for I seem to be in a maxi dress...dilemma these days!

I normally find that the fabric of Rayon can tend to be "clingy" and more apt to show lumps and bumps, something that I don't need{#emotions_dlg.blush}

And having a hard time with many designers here on the Q making the armholes wayy to large showing one's bra!!

Any info would be appreciated! I already have the Mocha Color in my cart and had to order one size up due to bust size.

smiles

moondust

this one has a great flow....doesnt "catch" anywhere and isnt showing lumps/bumps. my problem area is really my hips most of all, but the way that this is cut is perfect. it is not a straight up and down maxi dress. no problems with bra straps showing, the embellishments are sewn on well with extras in a small baggie. also no problems with large armholes for me, but i did stick with my regular qvc size medium. it does have a lot of stretch.