New Contributor

Workmanship of Denim @ Co clothing

Have loved Denim @ co clothing for many years. However I have lost weight and bought many things recently. So disappointed in the quality- one sleeve shorten than the other, one side of the neckline higher than the other, sizes not consistent, on and on. Their standards are not up to par any more. End up reconstructing many things as return postage is so high.

Honored Contributor

Re: Workmanship of Denim @ Co clothing

I too see Denim & co going downhill. I believe the current CEO at the Q used to work for Walmart - it shows!

Honored Contributor

I have a ton of D&C. I've ordered $400, worth the past 3 weeks, own at least 50 pairs of pants. I have absolutely no complaints about quality. I find the sizing to be so consistent that I don't even try on the items I order until I'm ready to wear them the first time. The CEO used to work for a computer company. One of the most popular subjects on this board is criticism of D&C. I don't see it; I have no complaints. It's just the "in" thing to do.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Actually, I haven't found this to be true about Denim & Co, except for the How Smooth line being sized differently. In the past few months, I've purchased several 3/4 sleeve 95/5 tops, short sleeve tees, jean jackets (both winter and spring styles/colors), the How Smooth jeans, How Smooth capris.....although I've had some issues with the sizing on the How Smooth jeans and capris not being the same as the original How Smooth bootcut, all of these items are made very well. The jeans and the jean jackets, especially, are very well constructed and the fabric is good quality. Sizing is very consistent on everything except the How Smooth items. I have several items on order now.

I can't say the same about some others -- in the last year, I've sent back Isaac Mizrahi scarves and sweaters because of defects, Susan Graver coats for defects and sizing issues, and a couple of SG tops that I thought just looked cheaply made. I've bought SG for many years, but in the last year have had many issues. Have had many issues with shoes and boots being defective, sizing being somewhat crazy, etc.

So it's not that I haven't had a lot of issues with things from QVC, just not Denim & Co except for How Smooth.

Honored Contributor

Easy solution. Stop buying D&Co. Because D&Co isn't going back the the good old days in early 1980's. That just aint gonna happen....

Honored Contributor

Some people who post here are either not paying attention or really are not telling the truth because QVC has said - repeatedly on air - that they recently changed their sizing. So now the hip sizes on their pants are at least 2"" smaller and yet people come here all the time saying they have not noticed any difference in sizing. WHATEVER.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/5/2014 happy housewife said:

Some people who post here are either not paying attention or really are not telling the truth because QVC has said - repeatedly on air - that they recently changed their sizing. So now the hip sizes on their pants are at least 2" smaller and yet people come here all the time saying they have not noticed any difference in sizing. WHATEVER.

I don't know exactly who you're referring to here (since there are only 3 responses other than you), but if you happen to be referring to what I posted, I did say I had issues with the sizing on the How Smooth jeans and capris - I had to size up from a 10 in the original How Smooth boot cut to a 12 tall in the new How Smooth straight leg and capris to get the hip and rise measurements to fit like the original size 10. I have no problem with sizing on tops and jackets - and the last I checked, they don't have "HIP" measurements.

I take offense at what you said, and I think you're going a little far to accuse people who post about their experiences of either lying (which is what you did-even though you called it "not telling the truth" - did you think that would make it sound nicer?) or not paying attention. If I were not paying attention, I would not have had to return 8 pairs of jeans and capris because of the fit.

AND, I watch Denim & Co all the time, and I have not heard any host say that they've changed their sizing so drastically that all their hip measurements would be 2" smaller.

So, Whatever......

Regular Contributor

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a quality or sizing problem with Denim & Co. I know it's not "fashionable" to say so but i just can't find the quality or the VARIETY of top styles for casual wear in local stores. I love the choice of necklines, sleeve lengths and colors. The perfect jersey and active fabrications work for me and as someone else mentioned, this line has wonderful quality denim jackets and again...in colors and sleeve lengths I don't see elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

oops...posted to wrong forum...sorry

Esteemed Contributor

It's contagious!! posted on wrong thread....