Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ODAT MONDAY CINCO DE MAYO!

Happy Cinco de Mayo friends and readers!!

It is a beautiful day here in Central Tx. I skipped boot camp for an extra few minutes of sleep. It is almost lunch and I am running errands on my break. It is our busiest week at work as we are preparing for graduating seniors.

I had a lovely weekend and am already looking forward to next weekend! lol How is everyone? What is for supper? Since it is just me, I'm not sure what I'm having. I hope something healthy.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ODAT MONDAY CINCO DE MAYO!

Well in honor of Cinco----you should have something mexican.

I am sure that graduation time is very busy---lots of comings and goings.

Are you heading north again next weekend?

I managed to tweak my back---not sure what I did but it is very irritating.

My cousin will definitely have the surgery---at this time he is being treated with antibiotics to try to allay some of the infections to make the chance for a successful flap closure.

Val: Glad to see you posting. Hard to be limited in activities. Glad to hear you are ""on the mend"".

Rosa: Thinking of you.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!! Just wanted to "stop by" to say "HI". We moved our office, which was quite the production, but we are in and somewhat settled. It will take some time to get things "right", so I am trying to be patient.

I am a big fan of the "15 minute" task...it has helped me keep on track, keep my house fairly clean and organized, and keep my office running smoothly. Don't know who I heard mention Flylady...maybe Kathleen, but it has been a blessing.

Thanks for all the prayers...we really appreciate them and we are doing much better. We are going on vacation for a few days with 2 of our children, and it will be good to get away.

Rosa, glad to see you posting...still sending good thoughts and prayers your way!!

Well, better get moving...a few more things to do before heading home to pack.

Enjoy!!!

Regular Contributor

LindaR -must have been posting at the same time...prayers to your cousin. I hope your back feels better quickly.

Val - how is your arm doing?

Respected Contributor

Oh have a wonderful trip---after moving the office you deserve some ""get away time"". And also I know you have been dealing with a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Glad you had such a nice weekend Kathleen. Hope DH's new job goes well. Nice day here in Arizona -- pretty hot and dry, but that is okay with me. DH and I had a nice walk this morning, and I'm hoping to make it to the pool this afternoon. Our weather is changing back and forth this week -- today we are expecting highs in the 90's, tomorrow the 80's, and Wednesday the 70's. It is supposed to warm up again next weekend.

Our dinner will be leftover eggplant parmesan. Not Mexican, but we have been having a lot of Mexican lately (including last night). I'm trying to be good about using leftovers, and most of my recipes feed at least four so that is two meals. I'm also trying to use my fresh produce promptly so I don't have to throw things away.

Sorry about your back LindaR. Hope you feel better soon. Prayers for your cousin.

DD will be having an MRI later in the week since she keeps having awful migraine headaches. We are worried, but it will be good to get some answers. She said DGS is enjoying his new computer.

I plan do to a little grocery shopping later, and go to Curves in the afternoon. I'm sort of patting myself on the back for getting some straightening/cleaning done yesterday. I ended up trashing a few things, saving a couple for donation, but mostly organizing things from my dresser, etc.

Waves to Jean (hope work goes well today), Arlene, twinny, Gayle, Susan, Marijane, Sonya, Karen, Val, Nancy, Rosa, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- good to see you posting Karen. Glad things are better and enjoy your trip!

Respected Contributor

LindaL: prayers for your DD.

Glad to hear your GS is enjoying the computer---great gift.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls - Well, it's a gorgeous day out, but I'm stuck inside for more reasons than one - my trials continue! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I'm waiting for the refrigerator repairman, but that's going to be a temporary fix - I plan to make a fuss until either this lemon is replaced or I have my money refunded for it - in fact, I'd rather that, as I'd buy one in Lowe's so I don't have to deal with LG or HHG again. NEVER AGAIN will I buy anything made by Lousy Garbage, nor will HH Gregg see another cent of my money.

Yesterday I got the girls in the car and we headed for the park. I had driven about a block when I heard a funny noise from the back of the car, so I pulled over to investigate and found my rear tire is totally flat. {#emotions_dlg.crying} Even if my "donut" wasn't broken I wouldn't be able to put it on myself, so I called my mechanic to see if I could drive the two miles or so to the shop so the tire could be repaired, and he said no - they'll send someone over with an air pump and inflate it enough to get me there, so the tire isn't ruined. (sigh) Of course, I can't do anything until the repairman leaves....

To top things off I went to the power company's website to check the payment status of my electric and internet. I was stunned to see a balance of over $300 for internet (which they also provide), and called to see what was going on - I schedule a payment every month. The woman I spoke to only told me, "It's legit." Really? I played around on the website, and saw a charge for almost $200 for "video," which is interesting....since I don't have TV! I called back, and this time was told, "It's a balance carried forward from another address and we just put it there." I don't think so....I've had their service only since I moved here. She told me to call collections today (which I can't do until the appliance guy calls); they're either going to straighten this mess out ASAP or they're losing a customer. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I figure with all these trials the Lord must have something awesome in mind, because the devil sure is trying to discourage me as well as make me lose my temper!

Hope you're feeling better, LindaR, and pray your cousin's surgery goes well.

I got some cleaning done last night and am doing laundry now...hopefully this guy will get here soon. (sigh)

BTW, I'll be you didn't know this, but...

Although mayonnaise was invented by the French, it's a little known fact that the people of Spain absolutely adored it! They put in on everything - on their sandwiches, in their salads, on their meats...some ate it right out of the jar! Well, when the Spaniards came to the New World, they found that what they missed more than anything was their favorite condiment, and really yearned for it. They wrote to their families and friends in Spain requesting that some be sent, and the response was that an entire shipload filled with barrels of mayonnaise was dispatched to them.

Unfortunately, the ship ran into a storm and sank, taking all of the precious mayonnaise with it. The settlers were devastated and mourned the loss; in fact, their descendants still commemorate it to this day on....

Sinko de Mayo!

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Linda(R) so sorry about your back. I know that is no fun. Mine hurt a little this weekend, something about the way I slid out of that bed. I hope you get some relief soon. The plan is that DH will come home this weekend. I will be praying for your cousin.

Karen, so good to "see" you!! I know you are happy to have that move behind you. Enjoy your vacation. I love FlyLady, and routinely sign up and unsub for her emails. That "15min" rule goes a long way!

Linda(L) I'm glad DD is getting the MRI. I thought of you when I went to go to the pool this weekend. I stepped in and it was COLD water. That was it, or so I thought, but DH dared me to jump in. He took pics and commemorated the event. lol

Esteemed Contributor

I did have my infusion last Friday. Now I plan to go back to the 7 week plan, so they don't interfere with our vacation to the east coast in Sept. Always something to plan around it seems. The wedding was nice on Saturday. It was about 60 degrees, sunny & windy. Everything worked out great as it was all held outdoors. Yesterday DH & I had church followed by the potluck held the 1st Sunday of the month. Today I am trying to get caught up from our recent vacation. I surely could use a nap. DH did his daily walk today & is now out mowing the lawn for the first time. It is cool still in the 50's today, but should be 70's by mid week. YEAH!!!

RC, It sounds like you have the best of both worlds. Vacation during the weekend & working during the week. Glad DH is liking his new job too. Supper tonight is ham I found in the freezer & baked potato. Lunch was leftovers from my crock pot dish yesterday.

Linda R, Sorry you tweaked your back. Hope it feels better soon. Prayers also for your cousin's surgery.

KS28, Moving to a different office is always a challenge. I remember when I was still working, every few years my company decided to buy a different building so we had to move all over again. Ugh! 15 minutes jobs around the house are great for me too. I am amazed what I can accomplish in such a short time. Prayers for whatever your situation is & have fun on your much earned vacation. Where are you going?

LL, Hope you get to the pool today. DH & I just got out of the hot tub. The weather is cool today, but should warm up by mid week & then be rainy again too. Prayers for your DD's MRI this week. Glad DGS likes his computer. My DD, SIL & Grandchildren got me a Kindle tablet for Xmas. I went to the library just before we went on vacation to get some books loaded on it & had fun using it. Sure different from changing pages in books!

FHG, Hope you get satisfaction in your appliance mess. Flat tires are never fun especially when you are alone. The power company check is nasty too. I hate when I have to straighten things out that I did not do by myself.

Hugs to all of you.