Trusted Contributor

I placed an order of two items, exactly the same item in two colors. The order was placed on April 19. I just received an email from qvc telling me that my items have been shipped as of today, April 24th. That is five days after I placed the order!!!!!!!!! So my contention is that if we are to pay high shipping and handling fees, shouldn't we have our items sent out the day of or at least the next day of we placing the order?

I just bought an item for my son on Amazon and he received it exactly two days later. And oh by the way....the shipping was free.

This is really ridiculous and I think the Q has to do a better job. Is anybody in agreement?

Super Contributor

Re: Doesn't this bother anyone?

On 4/24/2014 gigy said:

I placed an order of two items, exactly the same item in two colors. The order was placed on April 19. I just received an email from qvc telling me that my items have been shipped as of today, April 24th. That is five days after I placed the order!!!!!!!!! So my contention is that if we are to pay high shipping and handling fees, shouldn't we have our items sent out the day of or at least the next day of we placing the order?

I just bought an item for my son on Amazon and he received it exactly two days later. And oh by the way....the shipping was free.

This is really ridiculous and I think the Q has to do a better job. Is anybody in agreement?

You can't be serious! If you want it shipped out the next day, then you'll need to pay for next day shipping!

Valued Contributor

There's been many threads about this lately and I think most of us are in agreement that the shipping is extremely slow. It probably depends on what part of the country you are in. It typically takes 2 weeks for items to reach me and that has really made me take my business elsewhere. I agree that Amazon is fantastic!

Super Contributor

I placed an order on Shoes for Crews website on the afternoon of 4/22/14. I received them around 11:00 a.m. on 4/23/14.

Also, on 4/22/14, I placed an order on Origins. Received an e-mail on 4/23/14 that my order got shipped. Per UPS website, I am to expect my package on 4/28/14 (Monday).

Honored Contributor

OMG! 5 whole days! And there you were sitting around naked as jaybird waiting for some clothes to put on. The nerve of them! I couldn't disagree more and I buy a lot from QVC. I'm not so anxious for anything I buy from QVC that I have to receive it 12 hours after I bought it.

Honored Contributor

Fast shipping is not the Q's forte.

Trusted Contributor

No.......nobody is going to die if they don't receive a new pair of pants or a necklace the next day. The point is, however, that (based on comments here) QVC is often a very "slow shipper", makes many shipping errors, and charges some of the highest per item shipping/handling fees in the business. Meanwhile, many of their online/catalog competitors offer free shipping, low flat S&H rates, or frequent free shipping specials -- while keeping prices down and offering real, significant sales and clearance events.

A major reason I almost never shop here. I can do much better elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 PKB said:
On 4/24/2014 gigy said:

You can't be serious! If you want it shipped out the next day, then you'll need to pay for next day shipping!

A lot of websites ship the same day or the next day. To name a few: VitaCost, Drugstore.com, Macy's. Also, they have free shipping.

Frequent Contributor

I have also noticed it seems to be taking longer to ship items after placing my orders. Also, I've been having errors -- for instance, I ordered blush and received lip gloss, or I didn't receive my order at all. I agree, S & H charges are high at the Q verses other online stores.

Honored Contributor

It would bother me if they charged my credit card before they shipped it because that would be illegal.